Clear all

Ship Creator & New Music for Welcome To The Future  

RSS

Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Crewman Registered
April 11, 2020 10:07  

Hi guys, first topic i'm making in this forum, so excuse any mistakes! I'm the creator of Welcome To The Future, an open world sci-fi adventure game. Here's the latest update:

In Welcome To The Future you can enter FTL Engines ship garages to upgrade your ship, buy new ships from a range of ship manufacturers and style your ship with a paint job and decals 🚀 New WIP music by Harry Critchley!

Let me know if you guys have any questions or any feedback 🙂

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
April 11, 2020 16:55  

Nice quick video that covers the ship upgrades and purchases 🙂 Does any pilot or crew enhance your skill in the different areas specified during your component upgrades?

Can stations deny you access for specific reasons?

Marc liked
ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
April 13, 2020 07:59  

Great video and a nice bit customisation, will you be able to import your own logo into the game.

This post was modified 6 months ago by Pinback

Marc liked
ReplyQuote
Marc
 Marc
(@marc)
Crewman Registered
April 13, 2020 13:02  

@sscadmin Thanks! Having your pilot skills improve as you fly your ship in the game i think is an awesome idea, definitely one i will write down! You can hire crew to help you with delivery missions and they will use your replicas of your ship, so the better your ship is the better they complete missions and that means more revenue for you. That's the plan anyway, we're not quite there yet - but mission system is the next on our todo list 🙂

@pinback Thanks a lot! that is not in the plans but something we definitely may look into, but an in-game way of creating your own logo is in the plans 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
April 14, 2020 20:45  

That is a nice idea @marc to replicate your ship as to what your hired crew will use when they assist you. Might have to be careful with that though cause maybe you could be a bit overpowered depending on the ship loadouts (and the hired guns skills of course).

Most games these days have a reputation system, maybe something to think about is that maybe you add a twist where its more difficult or easy to hire mercs for your missions depending on your standing in the merc community. So if a lot of your hired guns are getting killed on mission that can look bad on your reputation and it could also have the reverse aspect too where mercs seek you out to join your crew. Maybe make us care about the hired companions we fly with.... kinda like the old wing commander games... where you picked your wingmen and over time you got attached to them and when something happened to them it meant something.

ReplyQuote
Share: