Notifications
Clear all

Welcome To The Future

Page 1 / 2

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

First thing I thought of when I read the tile and a brief description of the game, which described it as a delivery guy in the year 2500 was Futurama. Theirs no website as he seems to be using social media and the only one I can see is the Twitter feed https://twitter.com/MoonmenGames

the game is set in our solar system and you get around the different planets by jumpgate as you can see from the vids. you will also be able to get out of the ship and walk around the city's or use your jetpack.

From the vids the game looks to be going well but it may just be a number of different levels at the moment, but it looks like it will be worth keeping an eye on it progression. Check his YouTube channel as their are a number of vids exploring different aspects of the game.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by DarkOne

Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Very short vid showing some cap ship jumping in.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New vid showing some new space effects and multi ship.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Some more test footage, looks like it's shaping up pretty good.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Can't believe I haven't seen this game before until now.... it just shows that there is a lot here and out there. This actually looking very promising. I really like the visuals and i really like the weather effects on the planet and the fact you can actually see them when your flying is a nice touch.

The planets are big, I think a concern is how are they going to make the planets or the communities on them seem active and not boring 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Noticed that they now have a website https://moonmengames.com/#home not much on it, but hopefully we will see more from then over the rest of the year.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New vid showing some combat.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I like the pace of the combat and the effects look good too. This game just keeps surprising, they should get this on steam to generate a bit more hype.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Vid about NPC chat, looking really good hope this get's released at some point.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

This just looking better all the time, just hope theirs a game there and not just bits.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

The game is looking good, they must be in good shape as a company because they have yet to put it in to early access on Steam. Putting this in early access would expose them to making a little money while they continue development. It says they been working on it for over 4yrs now so they are dedicated in to getting out there to the masses. Only time will tell but these videos of the gameplay definitely look good and the movements of the pilot and ship I think are really good so far.

This post was modified 4 years ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Video on character creation, but no sign of a release date yet.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nice video showing the system map, Games looking good just hope all the bits hang together.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Another short vid about space pirates and new UI.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Very short but an awesome video.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Wow, that city looks great and it looks smooth. I don't need incredible detail like I see in SC this looks just fine... will be nice to see what interactions we might be able to do with a cityscape like this?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @guardiansd3m0n

expect to see more in depth city interaction in the future but the plan is you will be able fly and walk around the city and interact with all of the npc's. Some of the npc's will have a deeper dialogue resulting in possible quests/events.

Very nice, your building something nice here and to see your inserting immersion into the game is definitely a plus. Looking forward to seeing more on this once you have more of this in the game.

Also I always encourage game developers to participate here or if you want I can give you your own forum area where you can post anything you want game related. This community here is your primary audience so we all wish you success and will try to help out if we can. So if you want a forum area here just let me know and I will create it for you.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

To answer your question about city interaction, expect to see more in depth city interaction in the future but the plan is you will be able fly and walk around the city and interact with all of the npc's.

Something like Scrapland, I think!!

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered

Welcome aboard!

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

@sscadmin Hey! i'm the creator of the game and just wanted to pop in and thank you for all the kind words and setting up this page 😀 Would love to participate here, seems like a really cool community! A forum area would be awesome, thanks a lot!

Welcome aboard, Marc!!! I am looking forward for your game!!

@CaptainKal Didn't know about that game, but i'll definitely check it out.

Well, it's a gta lite with robots, in a futuristic city, if that makes any sense!!!!  I do not know if you can find it digitally, or you have to hunt down copies in ebay. But I will provide you a couple of links, for game play videos and reviews!

https://www.oldpcgaming.net/scrapland/

This post was modified 4 years ago by CaptainKal

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Posted by: @marc

Hey! i'm the creator of the game and just wanted to pop in and thank you for all the kind words and setting up this page 😀 Would love to participate here, seems like a really cool community! A forum area would be awesome, thanks a lot!

It's done Marc, the forum for Welcome to the Future is located here: http://spacesimcentral.com/community/welcome-to-the-future/

SSC welcomes the dev team to the station, and looking forward to watching WttF evolve and I hope any of our feedback can help in producing something great. Use the forum area as you like to show off and promote WttF. And if you want me to change any of the description that I added to the forum area just let me know 🙂

ReplyQuote
Gaius Konstantine
(@gaius-konstantine)
Warrant Officer Reporter

Good luck @marc

You have an interesting premise and if I got it correctly it will be interplanetary based within our own system yes? I like that for some reason, perhaps because it's more plausible. I'll be watching this, color me very interested.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I really like the city vid as it's one aspect of these games which has never really being done and many of the open world space type games could benefit from having some city in them, NMS being a good example of that. the only other games which I can think of, off hand are Star Citizen and the forth coming Beyond Good and Evil 2 which have large city's in them.

Back to the game I would like to see a longer video, maybe a play though of a mission if you are at that stage of the development.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Pinback

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Game get a new trailer and a Steam page and the usual TBA for a date but as they say in Futurrama "take my money"

Worlds Of The Future on Steam (steampowered.com)

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice trailer showing off what they been doing over the past year. From features standpoint it is doing a lot of what SC/NMS is doing but with a different art style. I like what I am seeing to this point and knowing you can get out of the ship and explore (with a jetpack even) increases the amount of gameplay. 

This is a nice list of game mechanics:

That includes but is not limited to:

• Building and growing your own delivery company, climb the company rankings
  • Captaining your own freighter ship
  • Hiring, firing and managing your own crew
  • Seamless open solar system full of activities and interaction
  • Seamless landing on planets/moons/asteroids from space
  • Character and ship creator
  • Shops and bars
  • Physics based spaceship flight mechanics and jetpack flight
  • Dogfighting and on-foot gunplay with unique sci-fi weapons and gadgets
  • Procedurally generated missions
  • Handling things onboard your freighter as you travel (repairs, malfunctions, crazy passengers, etc. includes mini-games)
  • Delivery mechanics (package handling, inventories, etc.)
  • Reputation, karma and relationship progression
  • A simulated economy and stock market - speculate on other traders and their actions, affecting your own stock price
  • Factions with territories around the solar system
  • Solar system map with a route planner, facts and lore info, among other things
  • Mining, scavenging and trading
  • Walking around your freighter ship while warping
  • Dialogue with reply options
  • Fast travel at Wormhole Stations
  • Deformable terrain and asteroids
  • Police system

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2