Notifications
Clear all

Update 3.61

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Lot of more fixes for XR. http://steamcommunity.com/games/2870/announcements/detail/73538328750568207

X Rebirth 3.61 is now available, with a few more fixes and small improvements.

• Added ability to toggle HUD display (default mapping Shift-H).

• Improved "flight assist off" mode by allowing stop key to operate.

• Improved AI pathing and mission guidance to and from Empty Space zones.

• Improved DPS calculations for launchers including one very wrong case of overpowered missile turrets.

• Fixed multiple causes of "stuck trades".

• Fixed construction vessels adding unbuilt upgrades after repairing a station.

• Fixed welder drones occasionally working on wrong parts of station after loading savegame.

• Fixed player owned ships ignoring the "Refuel automatically" Captain's option when they are not in squad.

• Fixed beam weapons not heating up over time.

• Fixed infopoint location at several stations.

• Fixed secondary resource efficiency effects not showing up in menus when only some resources are present.

• Fixed targeting of mission offer or infopoint causing zone map to stop working.

• Fixed hotkeys and back button on repair menu slider not working.

• Fixed in-game processing of mouse clicks when click is bringing game window into focus.

• Fixed Steam Workshop options not being available in Extensions menu if the extension list is empty.

• Fixed selection of gates using map.

• Fixed several more causes of crashes.

• Several small performance and memory optimisations.

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Well, bit by bit they are getting there with XR. In the end it might finally end up as a game worthy of the series. Me personally I am still struggling to get anywhere with it as for some reason I cant upgrade the ship even though I am told I have been given upgraded equipment. Perhaps I need to restart the game?

Anyways, the thing is though they got so much right with X2. For me that still stands as the best of the series. For this new game after XR they are hinting about, if they just remake X2, expand it greatly, improve the graphics to modern standards and give it a new story they could have a great entry in the space sim market. For me X2 was the most "space simmy" game they have made to date.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I think they recommend starting a new game, which is always a bit of a pain I had over 40 hours in one of the earlier versions, which is some sort of record for me and X game.

Same here always thought X2 was the best of the old series although XR is starting to shape up give it some internal docking the same as X2 and some way to move between the different areas on the station instead all that docking/undocking that you have to go through at the moments. 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yes, it is good that they continue to patch the game (which I did buy this summer, along with the DLC) and I will eventually play it when I think they are done patching the game. If egosoft recommends a game restart after a patch then that is just crazy, at the least they should create a script or something to port your save game to work with the latest version. I could see there being issues if you had a bunch of mods installed and you patched the game, but you should never have game issues because of a save game not being compatible with a vanilla version of the game with officially released patches. But that is my .02, I hope to get a newer gfx card for christmas so I can play this one with all the gfx options at max. Right now my pc struggles to play this at a decent framerate at max settings, could be my AMD setup, but I plan on buying like a 390X when I do get one..

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2870/announcements/detail/65660665761908016

They just released another fix for the game.

I also heard they will soon release an update for X3 albion/TC. Its on the egosoft forums, where they actually requested a wishlist from the fanbase.

How many devs do you see who at least have the good attitude to clean up their own mess? The only one who gets to my mind besides Egosoft is Kerberos with the work they did on making Sots2 playable.

@darkone:

I run X rebirth fine on an AMD A10 6800K (running at 92% max capacity because of thermal issues, need to replace the thermal paste 😛 ). The game's framerate went tremendously up when I let my a10 6800K act as a dedicated CPU and have a geforce 730 run as a discrete gfx card (for a 50EUR investment I got some pretty damn good performance increases). Not sure what you are running, but I did notice that with AMD setups in general (and AMD APU setups in particular like mine) the speed of the RAM (mhz, CL, etc) is very important and makes major differences.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

@darkone:

I run X rebirth fine on an AMD A10 6800K (running at 92% max capacity because of thermal issues, need to replace the thermal paste  😛 ). The game's framerate went tremendously up when I let my a10 6800K act as a dedicated CPU and have a geforce 730 run as a discrete gfx card (for a 50EUR investment I got some pretty damn good performance increases). Not sure what you are running, but I did notice that with AMD setups in general (and AMD APU setups in particular like mine) the speed of the RAM (mhz, CL, etc) is very important and makes major differences.

I have a AMD A10-7850k (running at 4Ghz) with a R7 250 running in dual gfx mode with 16gb of DDR2133. So the machine runs decent enough, I might have to download and try again because it ran a little sluggish when I played it on the free weekend a few months back. I wanted to upgrade to a R9 380x or higher soon, because playing Star Citizen alpha is almost a joke on my setup... with everything turned up.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I also heard they will soon release an update for X3 albion/TC. Its on the egosoft forums, where they actually requested a wishlist from the fanbase.

May just be collection of mods which they intend to integrate more into the game as they did with X3TC last year.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered

I have a AMD A10-7850k (running at 4Ghz) with a R7 250 running in dual gfx mode with 16gb of DDR2133. So the machine runs decent enough, I might have to download and try again because it ran a little sluggish when I played it on the free weekend a few months back. I wanted to upgrade to a R9 380x or higher soon, because playing Star Citizen alpha is almost a joke on my setup... with everything turned up.

Hmmm, your rig is way way way more powerful than mine then 😛 And I even run a truckload of mods on it, and it still runs fine. How happy are you with the A10-7850K. I'm considering to buy it, but also a bit hesitant because spring coming year the next gen APU's will be released.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I am happy with the 7850 purchase even almost two years later it generally performs well with my setup I run about 50+ fps on Borderlands 2 with everything turned up.

If you needed to purchase an APU I would probably go with the 7870k (newer and a bit faster), I forgot to mention that I also water cool the APU so its silent and never worry about heat. But the dual gfx (adding the R7 250) was a good upgrade for like $60 and I increased my fps by 15-20fps per game I played.

Depending on what comes out next year for APU I may stick with APU's instead of dedicated CPU, just depends on cost and what AMD sticks on the chips for gfx.

I will definitely load up X Rebirth this holiday season and give it a whirl and see how it responds after I update the gfx drivers and test them out.

ReplyQuote