It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!Sign In Register
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Some sort of management space race game not sure if there is any connection to the old Aldrin game with a similar name.
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the biggest nations in the world, in an effort to conquer outer space together, have established the Global Space Agency (GSA). You are in charge. It's your duty to carefully manage the agency's budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.
In sandbox mode manage your agency, recruit and train technicians, astronauts, flight controllers, scientists and engineers. Research and develop thousands of components for hundreds of missions, all the time balancing your budget. Then watch your missions launch with thousands of beautiful renders of these amazing spacecraft. In Campaign mode do all this while also dealing with politicians and their short term goals.
Develop the X-15 Space plane, the Sputnik satellite, the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo manned spacecrafts and in later episodes on to Mars! You are not limited to the missions that did launch - you can also try out many that were planned but that never left the drawing board. For example, instead of sending men to the Moon using the Lunar Orbit Rendezvous (LOR) approach used by Project Apollo in the late 1960s and early 1970s, you will be able to rewrite history and use either the alternative Earth Orbit Rendezvous (EOR) or Direct Ascent schemes. The number of options ensures every game will be different and there is huge replay value.
To ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the game it is being developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
- Manage all aspects of your fledgling space agency from the 1950â€™s through to the Lunar landings in the first episode. Later episodes will add a permanent space station in Earth orbit all the way to the ultimate goal â€“ a Manned Mission to Mars!
- Create space programs and launch missions inspired by real programs such as the X-15 Space plane and the Sputnik satellite through to the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo manned spacecrafts and more!
- Research and develop hundreds of mission components from 40 different program categories.
- Develop your facility with advanced structures and upgrades including the Vehicle Assembly Building, the Mission Control Center and the Observatory.
- Recruit and train astronaut candidates and assign them to missions.
- Assemble an elite team of Scientists, Engineers, Technicians and Flight Controllers for the best chance of success.
- Manage your agency's extensive budget.
- Components can cause catastrophic failures. You must decide whether to abort or push on with each mission.
- Vast amounts of research ensure the huge database includes missions that launched and many more that never left the drawing board!
- In Campaign Mode, manage your agency while pandering to the requirements of government to keep your position as Director!
- Play in Sand Box mode to manage your budget with no politics involved.
- Hundreds of components built in 3D and rendered out in exquisite detail allow you to follow the progress of your missions.
- A historic advisor gives background information on the real missions and astronauts throughout the game.
- Designed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 Lunar Module Pilot and the second human being to set foot on the Moon.