frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hi Everyone

I think most of the major changes are done, I think. Now I will be just doing small stuff to improve security and hopefully make everything look better. :)

For help for existing users prior to website update read these posts:

Activating account:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/7019/troubleshooting-my-account-from-the-switch-over

Download Area Info
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/discussion/7020/download-area-info

Please post to the administration area if you have any problems:
http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/categories/ssc-administration

-D1-

SSC and 2017

Hi Everyone

Sorry for my absence for the majority of the year. I have had lots of personal things going on and heck never thought being a single dad would take up so much time.... but it does :) Plus I have been working a new job as well.

I know the forum are and site design kinda suck and I will be remedying the forums soon, I was hoping for bbpress to release 2.6 but they have been dragging their feet and I may just upgrade to the the RC4 version since I believe it is the last version. The bridge for the vanilla forums which I am using currently isn't really being patched and worked on so there is some issues with it as you can probably notice.

I will still stick with workpress and I will only being upgrading the forums to bbpress since it is more tightly integrated to wordpress and it uses the same user table. So no more bridges or login issues. I will probably do this once my kid is back in school in Sept. between now and then I will be making small changes to the site and updating plugins and hopefully template changes to make site look and act better.

Generally there has been zero spam. But I have taken a hit a little on the SEO side because of the bridge with the forums. So I need to fix some things. Thank you so much for your patience and continuing visits. I didn't forget about everyone. I just been busy :( my pc is showing its age and I should be getting a new one for Xmas so I can start reviewing games again and maybe I might dabble in YouTube :open_mouth:

So thanks again everyone and I am still here.

-D1-

Comments

• GeraldineGeraldine SSC Supporter

Hey D1! o/
    No worries, real life must always come first. ;) The main thing is the forum itself is still here and even tho, truth be told, I do miss the old forums but those damn spammers had to be stopped. So you did the right thing. :)

• sscadminsscadmin DarkOne

Thanks Geraldine. Oh the site will always be here as long as I am :) I just have to figure out a way to make these technology updates to go smoother. Because if I pay for services like IPB or VB I don't usually like the direction of the product and they charge a lot since you constantly need to stay subscribed to get patches or upgrades. Then with open-source products its hopefully picking the right one that is going to always have active enough community to keep it going. Thats why the move to WordPress. :)

Now my life has calmed down a bit more I can try to rebuild the community and put it back into shape again. I will do it slowly because of my free time is limited to weekends most weeks. Can't wait to get a new PC mine needs upgrading of gfx and I will hand it down to the kid. Then I will be able to play anything for now :)

• GeraldineGeraldine SSC Supporter

That's the way D1! One step at a time and remember, the SSC will one day be included in all real starship databases! ;)

• sscadminsscadmin DarkOne

I still have my game listing I just need to add a few more games to it and figure out how to integrate it into the site so it looks good :) But changes are coming slowly, when winter comes and its cold and snowy there should be more work getting done.