Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author
      Pinback
      Participant

Found this 2d clone of Elite

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV9SRHSfHp4[/youtube]

when you dock at the space station the game turns into a graphic adventure

type of game where you can chat to the locals,look for jobs do some trading ect.Theres a few bad vids

of it on youtube but the game looks lot better then the vid show.

you can get the demo here

http://www.birdinsky.com/Bird_in_Sky/returningsoon.html

Unfortunately it looks like the devs have gone awol,so there might not be any full game?.

Fanatical - Official PC Game Keys

Anonymous

Looks interesting maybe someone can contact them and find more info on the progress.

Alehkhs
      Participant

Doing my usual bi-monthly check of the homepage for development details, it would appear this game is now entirely free.

I haven’t had a chance to play too much, but give it a shot and let’s discuss!

3030 Deathwar – Now Free!

Pinback
      Participant

Thats very nice of them 😀 and it works on my notebook with its mighty atom processor.

I will have to start paying it now.

Alehkhs
      Participant

Well… I started out, and when I first checked the job market, there was a job offering for a delivery trip to a solar system across the game-map. Pay: 475,876 credits.

Now, the ship I had at the moment was lacking a split-drive, meaning my speed was pretty slow. With this ship, I should only really be doing jobs within the starsystem I was in.

However, this job seemed way too awesome in the money department for me to simply give it up, so I took the job, set my course (easy because it was on the same y-coordinate, so I only had to aim directly horizontal) and engaged my engines full.

Around 8-9 hours later (in the real world. Days had gone by in the game), I arrived at my destination. I delivered the package, got my pay, and immediately upgraded to a (I assume) late-game ship.

To many, this sort of ‘real-time’ flight, without the option of time-acceleration, might seem like a boring game. Even with a standard split-drive, the trip I made can take upwards of 10 minutes. However, I really enjoy this aspect of the game. It has always been something that I wanted in games like FE2 or FFE. I want to be able to set my destination, and go do something else while my ship flies to the waypoint. It’s probably too-much role-playing for most, but I enjoy the idea.

One complaint I have though concerning this, is that there are virtually zero pirate encounters in-between system in 3030DW. I think it would be cool if pirate roamed the void, and my ship had a proximity alarm, so I could turn up my volume (also, the soundtrack to 3030DW is very nice), and if a pirate showed up I could jump in the pilot seat, fight, and then hopefully continue on my way.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the game?

Pinback
      Participant

I’ve not anytime to play the game yet,hopefully I will get a few hours at the weekend.

8 hours real time 😯 Not sure I want to spend hours flying to my destination,but it’s nice to have option of doing it.

Maybe the pirates only attack if you have a valuable cargo of ship?.

Alehkhs
      Participant

Ah, well, the 8 hours would be due to me not having a ‘split-drive.’

With one of those, the trip is condensed to a matter of minutes at most, and that is with me not understanding that I should plot my courses around nebulae, as a split-drive cannot operate very far within a nebula’s magnetic field.

sgchr
      Participant

A nice game. I specially enjoyed the soundtrack. Too bad was abandoned. 🙁

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Have it loaded on my machine and with playing it briefly seems well done. I will play through it a lot more and post some screenshots when I can. Hope the author picks up on developing again. I tried to find an email address but was unsuccessful for contacting about Deathwar 3030.

LtBlack
      Participant

~S~

Downloaded played for 2 hrs to get the beginners feel. ;] Was fun to learn the controls and had some great views of the country side hwehehehe Dark, you were right they could have had a winner for cell and small notepad machines.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

With a little touch up Deathwar would be a perfect fit for iPhones and other mobile apps. And maybe even look into the PS3 Network and Xbox360 Live. I am trying to get a hold of the developer to see if I can host Deathwar3030 as a download just incase something happens to the download.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Got a reply from Matt the developer and he gave permission so I can host the files and even a patch for the 1.03 release to make it 1.04. Unfortunetly there is no plans for further work on Deathwar3030. But you never know…. I will make an official thread for the game once I have uploaded the files (probably tonight).

Pinback
      Participant

Shame they decided to stop working on the game.did they give any reason for not continuing?.

Did you ever upload the patch for the game.

I can’t see it anywhere?.

Pinback
      Participant

Been playing this again really like the game it got great atmophere,never found that patch in the download section D1

where did you hide it. ❓

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

The patch is inside the archive of the game in the download area.

Pinback
      Participant

Ah you mean its in the game download,I been looking for a separate patch.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Yeah. Since the developer game me the permission to host all the files I thought I would just merge it all. I haven’t added the mod tools to the archive but I will eventually 🙂 And that patch was unreleased btw so it is a SSC exclusive 😉

Pinback
      Participant

Nice can you post the mod tools some time D1.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Its in this post Pinback. This way my official post for the game when I got permission to host it all.

http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/344-3030-deathwar/

Pinback
      Participant

I forgotten all about that thread,maybe you should lock this one.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.