Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

• Author
    Participant

Did you know that you can set the pirates and aliens passive? They won’t start attacking you until you shoot at them

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Oh really didn’t know that, thanks for the tip Cultist. Is the update what you were looking for in the next version?

Participant

Well the update will make my life easier in the game 😀

So it is most welcomed.

But i was looking for more features also.

Not saying that i’m not satisfied with how things are going now with this game.

Another wish of mine : i t would really be something if the game creator could drop by 😀

PS: this game along with other ones out there that don’t have top notch graphics show how important the ideas behind the game really is.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    cultist wrote:
    Did you know that you can set the pirates and aliens passive? They won’t start attacking you until you shoot at them

Did’nt realise that myself must read the manual 😆

But I still think the first system in the game should be a safe one.

Participant

Oh, superb! It’s still in development! I was afraid it had been lost to RL after the IGF awards. I henceforth await the March-ish update with fervent anticipation! 😎

Quote:
    Oh and Stardreamer, Steve wanted to address your issues on the user interface but you need to give some specifics?

Ah. Ok. Um. I can’t quite remember what bits particularly I was unhappy with back then (memory like a seive…:D ) so I’ll see if I can have another play around and report back. I think I still have Steve’s e-mail addy around here somewhere (computer filing system like a seive… :D) but I may just post ’em here.

He’s a good man is that Steve. :ugeek:

Participant

This game is in serous need of lateral thrusters with an “engine’s off” mode for manual flight. Currently, it’s a pain to maneuver in combat without 6-degrees of lateral control. I mean it’s space fer-christ’s-sake..

In the F5 tactical view, it’s possible the pitch and yaw your ship, but you can’t roll! Why can’t I roll in tactical view??

In the system view, every time click on a planet there is an annoying info window that keeps popping up. Also there should be a way to set the pan controls to the mouse in the system view and tactical.

The universe view is cumbersome as well. it’s too hard to find an intended system. Also, in police and navy mission, the amount of fuel need to jump should be included in the briefing.

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

As promised Steve Chapman has released a new version of Ad Astra. Feel free to write a review and let everyone know your opinions on the new release. Check out all the details of version 1.3a below:

Quote:

VERSION 1.3a : Released 3rd March 2010

ENHANCEMENTS

New GUI

Configurable Keyboard Mappings

Improved Solar System and Galactic Map screens

Global Spacecraft speed multiplier configurable via preferences screen

Improved Suns

Larger Planets ( approx 1.5 times larger)

Modified Galactic Star Systems

Sound Effect Volume Controls

Improved alignment of detail textures on fractal planets

Middle Mouse button allows rotation in System and Galactic Maps.

BUG FIXES

Save Game Screen Shot works for larger resolutions

Generation of Cluster1 debris fixed

Fixed Auto Pilot malfunction when using mouse wheel throttle

SAVE GAMES

Partially compatible with previous revisions – the ‘Jump’ button should be used instead of the ‘Load’ option.

User defined Spacecraft templates will not be compatible with the new revision.

You can download the game from here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums … tID=379449

farcodevfarcodev
    Participant

So much games, so few time 😥

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Found a nice vid of Ad-Asta gameplay,not played the game for about a year,its looking good,like

the asteriods in the gas gaint rings. 😀

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpTorRFTPS4[/youtube]

farcodevfarcodev
    Participant
    PINBACK wrote:
    Found a nice vid of Ad-Asta gameplay,not played the game for about a year,its looking good,like

the asteriods in the gas gaint rings. 😀

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpTorRFTPS4[/youtube]

What a video !! 😯

There’s a hell of work behind this, very impressive.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Look like its come on quit a bit,the ship looks a lot more detailed. 😀

Just a bit annoying that I can’t play it at the moment. 😥

Participant

Hi @all,

this game is truly a masterpiece!

I want you to know that a new version arrived:

Code:
    VERSION 1.3b : Released 8th June 2010

ENHANCEMENTS
    New ‘Scrolling Mouse’ Control
    Update Russian translation courtesy of Alexey Prokopchuk
    Option to show fuel range on Galactic Map via ‘F’ Key.
    Right Click Mouse Control option added.

DirectX9 versions added which may fix the Windows7 64bit incompatibility issues that some users have been experiencing.

BUG FIXES
    Inhibit Wormholes from being opened whilst docked.
    Inhibit Aliens from abducting mission related spacecraft

SAVE GAMES
    Partially compatible with previous revisions – the ‘Jump’ button should be used instead of the ‘Load’ option.

PROBLEM CONCERNING MISSING MENU STRUCTURES
    Some users have reported an issue concerning missing menu components particularly with respect to Nvidia Graphics Cards. It has been determined that the underlying cause of this problem is that Antialiasing has been enabled in the Graphics Cards control panel. This option should be set to ‘Application Controlled’ or ‘Disabled’.

PROBLEM CONCERNING WINDOWS7 64Bit OPERATING SYSTEM
    It has been reported that Ad Astra does not execute correctly under the Windows7 64Bit operating System. It is suspected that the cause of the problem is that the game utilises DirectX7 rather than a later version. Consequently DirectX9 versions of the game have been provided that may fix this fault.

PHASING OUT OF DIRECTX7 VERSION
    Release 1.3b supports both a DirectX7 and a DirectX9 version of Ad Astra. The intention is to phase out the DirectX7 implementation of the game provided that no significant adverse reaction is received.

Quote:
    Shingen

In the F5 tactical view, it’s possible the pitch and yaw your ship, but you can’t roll! Why can’t I roll in tactical view??

Write Steve a e-mail, he listen to feedback and makes almost everything possible!

Bye muni

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the great update on Ad Astra munitio.

I have yet had the time to sit down with the previous 1.3 but hope to soon and noticed some possible fixes with Win7 x64 and that is welcomed because that is what I run right now.

Participant

looks impressive yes, even if i found certain things annoying, like relations between distance and speed in space, inconsistence of the size of the mountains compared to planets size and city buildings, but in all the graphics are “zucker” (sweet). work of retro steering thrusters (or acceleration dampers) compared to main thrusters much to effective (ok, i’m a frontierhead excuse me), if the’re so strong, having this much effect i would use them to accelerate instead of main 😉

but man, that gives me a real kick, i guess i have a lot of work with my pioneer models up 😯

ok, soon texture implementation (allready), will change a lot and “competition is good for the business” i stated once myself 😆

Participant
    Darkone wrote:
    Thanks for the great update on Ad Astra munitio.

I have yet had the time to sit down with the previous 1.3 but hope to soon and noticed some possible fixes with Win7 x64 and that is welcomed because that is what I run right now.

I run Win7 x64 too, unfortunately this new release do not work as expected on my pc.

It crash after few seconds in the loading screen. But you can force this to work with the D3DWindower application.

Just google to get information.

Steve is working hard to find the error, so hopefully soon everything will work fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.