Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

• Author
    Participant

kannst du Koreanisch? ich nicht!

do speak korean? i don’t do so!

redsch du koreanisch? ich nöd!

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

i don’t know but some people should start to write their progs in english, i mean would you or them understand a single word in swiss german?

and a latin lettered language ok, that might work (french, italian or such) but chinese korean kyrillian letters no way! imho

oh i forgot, most people on earth speak chinese, in china for shure!

at this point i have to declare, and you can hang me up for it, there is no lettering in the whole world like latin.

clear constructed, each letter in original latin alphabet is unique and easy to separate from the others, it is planned that good that you can have a very bad written, eroded, halfaways hidden phrase it’s still readable, no other lettering can offer that!

it’s because it’s a constructed lettering by certain rules they made, very clever those greeks back then.

they had the knowledge about the capeability of our brain that it can complete lines that have been started in a certain direction.

as a example, look at my avatar close, even closer, more close…. ahh you see there is something written,

you can read it if you really take a close look. and you can read the words only in one way, there is no doubt.

you can’t do such things with languages whom letters are made from symbols, alter one dot in arabic on a word it could mean something complete different, the same goes to many languages.

let’s make a experiment to prove it.

write down any phrase or sentence you got in mind, leave all out all vowels, then send that to me.

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

Participant

ok i tell you what is written their so you don’t have to strain your eyes to much.

“ALLWAYS BE KIND TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR”

it’s somewhat inversed and you have to “read” the bright orange.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

VERSION 1.3c : Released 28th June 2010

ENHANCEMENTS

Updated German translation courtesy of Mathias Merboth

Update to DirectX9 Version which should now fix the outstanding Windows7 64bit incompatibility issues that some users have been experiencing. I would like to thank Mathias Merboth and Wallace McGee for helping me test this version of the game.

BUG FIXES

Fixed disabled Joystick which was a bug introduced in Version 1.3b.

Fixed Salvage release for 3rd party spacecraft.

SAVE GAMES

Partially compatible with previous revisions – the ‘Jump’ button should be used instead of the ‘Load’ option.

Participant

I know that I may be “necroposting”, but if you have had some troubles with ships distorting after transit to a new star system this may fix it, it did for me.

Participant

Have a problem with the cops. They don’t know when to back off. I pick a pirate and go after it. They always make a run at a station before you get there and then while on the way as you get close cops go flying past you to get there first. And they shoot at anything in the area including me. They shot me trying to shoot the pirate. When I did manage to disable a ship, the cops kept shooting and blew it up before I could get the tractor on it. Twice they blew it up while I was towing. On the second time I had moved out to a more lawless area and I managed to get there before the cops. Got it disabled and under tow, they started shooting as I warped off. Again they chased the ship all the way to the station and blew it up before I could dock damaging my ship also. I even got one under tow and jumped to another system before the cops got there and while in dock mode, cops showed up and started shooting the ship I was towing. Wasn’t much left by the time I docked.

Participant

The project has Great details Id like to see in other games too. The stars and System maps are amazing and the popups are very well done. Great personalization.

The travellling is clear (from the star map, system map, cockpit map…)

A lot of options and information and easy, fast to use philosophy.

The distances and sense of movement seems to be fine. The game is huge.

It looks very good but the mouse lags bit. Id like to see windowed mode too.

Things I dislike is The Aesthetical design. I prefer another styles. Planets are fine to me but perhaps too exagerated, and the atmospheres are much like a giant crystal but works.

The thing I much dislike but suppose is design philosophy is the lack of newtonian physics.

Participant
    Quote:
    The thing I much dislike but suppose is design philosophy is the lack of newtonian physics.

Same here. I tried this game but just gave up on it due to a lack of interest. Space games without a newtonian feel just don’t sit right with me.

I seem to remember having the same problem with the cops shooting/stealing my kills which was bloody annoying and that was probably a year or two ago.

Participant
    s2odan wrote:
    Quote:

Same here. I tried this game but just gave up on it due to a lack of interest. Space games without a newtonian feel just don’t sit right with me.

I seem to remember having the same problem with the cops shooting/stealing my kills which was bloody annoying and that was probably a year or two ago.

About the cops and pirates there are and option (is very rich on it) to make them no aggresive, they only will attack you if they are shot.

I wanted to like the game a lot, I loved the details. No newtonian physics, but I use to make a try eventually. I like it more than X3 Reunion, for example.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Been a while since AD Astra had an update is still being worked on or is it complete now.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Not sure how up-to-date this is: http://www.a-astra.com/development/futu … opment.htm

But if the release trend is on track we should expect a release shortly because it looks like one comes out about once per year.

I know I played around with it one night, that the flight is very difficult, but I think I set my control what’s wrong. So many games so little time:) I do my best to try all …

Participant

I’m playing Ad-Astra every day. It’s amazing

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

I see on the site they say they have solved the problem of it not working under Windows 7 64 bit.

Participant

Looks good but I’m not big fan of those dragon/lizard-like ship designs.

Seems out of place IMHO.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Same here they do look a bit out of place.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.