Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Aether – real time fleet tactics game using Newtonian physics

Viewing 2 reply threads

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
      ExcartoExcarto
      Participant

Hi all,

I just released a major update to the game that I’ve been working on for quite a while.

Screenshots, video, and download for Windows/Linux/Mac can be found here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/aether

GitHub page: https://github.com/Excarto/Aether

Aether is a 2D real time tactics game based on pure Newtonian physics. Fleets are constructed from 10 different ship hulls, which can be equipped with various specialized weapons, sensors, fighters, and other systems.

The player has intricate control over various ship systems, power management, repairing, etc. But the most important aspect of the game is managing the momentum and positions of the units to gain a situational advantage. The units do not have any maximum speed, and there is no fixed frame of reference.

It has computer opponents and networked multiplayer.

Feedback is welcome!

This bundle expires on 3/25/2019

PinbackPinback
      Keymaster

Hello Excarto

I just looked at the video and was wondering if you have any plans to add anything like asteroids which ships could hide behind or could be blown up in front of an enemy ships.

Again nebular which would effect the sensors and weapons of the ships or indeed planets with a gravity well, could make for some intrewsting tatics in a newtonian game.

ExcartoExcarto
      Participant

Something like a nebula that you could hide units in/around could be interesting. I don’t know about adding anything that the units could crash into though – the game has a pretty steep learning curve as it is without having to worry about that.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.