What’s New and What Are We Working On?
We still have a lot we want to add, and even more we want to polish, but the current version of AI War 2 is already vast:
– Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategy, creating a living galaxy.
– Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from the original AI War: Fleet Command’s six expansions.
– Redesigned UI, currently going through iterations.
– Over 1700 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors, and more to come for the AI itself.
– 1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hour score included from the original AI War: Fleet Command.
– A ton of map types, with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied.
– Crazy moddability, with many levers available in easily-accessible XML.
– Multiplayer is temporarily disabled, but still being implemented.
– Multithreading for modern performance, and a codebase that will not summon an elder god.