Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Battleship Commander

• This topic has 0 voices and 94 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author

mdaddett

lotekk

I just wanted to download your precious gem, but this rapid share thing makes it really hard, after two waiting cycles I must pass a captcha. I suggest you register a free account with box.net. This gives you some personal hassle free storage space. The free account has a size limit of 25 MB per file. I assume this would be sufficient.

Good luck with your game.

Cheers

PINBACK

Hello Littorio.

Interesting looking game,not been able to download it as the download keeps hanging at around the 70% to 80% mark.I will have another go later on.

You might want to upload here on ssc.

mdaddett

I have uploaded it here on Spacesimcentral

PINBACK

Bizarrely I can’t download it from any of the sites.but I will keep trying.

mdaddett

did you manage to download it?

PINBACK
    Littorio wrote:
    did you manage to download it?

Afraid not I can’t get it to download more then 1.6 mb before it just hangs,don’t know if anyone else has managed to download it.

mdaddett

Weird , i tried all the download site and they work.

I forgot that it may be necessary to download also Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to make it work.

Someone can tell me if it is needed , i already have installed visual studio 2008 on all my computers and can’t check for myself.

Geraldine

Hi Littorio

Firstly welcome to the SSC! 🙂

I managed to download your game, but upon un-archiving it, I came across this error while using 7-Zip ” CRC failed in StarShipSim\CEGUIBase.dll. File is broken” Hope that helps.

Hypnotron

This looks very cool. I’ll wait before trying it til i see if others here can get it working. i’ve been working on a very similar game for many years. I hope to announce here by end of year when it’s finally in a playable condition.

sscadmin

Hi Littorio

Welcome to SSC and I was able to download it fine from the download area but there is a problem when extracting the file I see this error:

CRC failed in ‘StarShipSim\CEGUIBase.dll’. File is broken.

If you want to give me the location of the archive that is fully working I can upload it again for you.

mdaddett

I re-uploaded the file

Geraldine

Ok a new error message “StarShipSim\d3dx9_43.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette” My Visual C++ thingy was recently updated. Trying to install the package you earlier linked to is older than my current install. I am worried that if I do install it some other things (mainly Steam games) will refuse to work. Any advice?

Also found another error message hiding behind the first one “OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9. System Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application. in DynLib::load at ..\src\OgreDynLib.ccp (line 81)”

mdaddett

Try to delete the file

Geraldine

Hi Littorio

If you mean the d3dx9_43.dll , its now coming up with the error that the application could not be found. It is still there, I didn’t delete it, just renamed it. I noticed that in the Orge. cfg file that the video mode is set to “Video Mode=1920 x 1200 @ 32-bit colour” Could changing this help?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.