Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Buildings

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    MarcelMarcel
    Participant

Exactly! The have a similar Heinlein, 50’s, retro-future look about them.

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

Participant

yet another one

[attachment=549:2011-02-16_111858.jpg]

[attachment=0]building_greyoxide2_1.zip[/attachment]

i had to remap the model, seamless textures arn’t possible in pioneer in this way (needs splitted vertices/edges at seam), so i used some new textures.

i guess i do the same for the first building and add some lightened up windows to.

btw, bumpmapping is not supported and not needed imho.

Participant

both buildings use the same folder and script file now, because they use the same textures.

[attachment=1]bgo_1_and_2_2011-02-16.zip[/attachment]

[attachment=552:2011-02-16_145812.jpg]

Participant

The cities look very well. 🙂 The variation is great. And I love the retro look.

It would be great in a future to have different fashions or styles of cities depending the political and economical principle of the planet…etc…

And What I miss the most is a way to add shadows of that great buildings on the terrain, the feeling of volume would be amazing.

Very performance killer perhaps?

Greetings.

Participant
    greyoxide wrote:
    another simple background building, this time with bumpmaps

[attachment=1]build_2.7z[/attachment]

I really like this one. Nicely done Grey! The first one looks like it could be used as some sort of extracting device. Please keep em coming! 😉

Participant

Would you guys mind if I used them in my game engine? I really like the look of them 😉

Participant

As long as you know where to send the royalty cheques I’m sure it will be fine. 😉

Participant

different building types, styles, even desnities could be adjusted depending on political and develpment levels etc

Participant
    LancerSolurus wrote:
    Would you guys mind if I used them in my game engine? I really like the look of them 😉

I guess that would depend on what you intend to use them for. What kind of game is it?

here is another simple filler building. I tried to give the glass a mirror type material but it seems like the version of 2.5 that i’m using doesn’t do mirrored reflections, which is kind of weird to say the least. I may repost this one when I can bake a mirrored reflection onto the surface.

[attachment=553:render.png]

Participant

i like very much the second globular building, as already sayd it is a nice retro-style touch

who remember the landscape destroyed by the planet in Star-Maidens? (look at 1:21)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMD5tjf3W9o

Participant

They will only be used for testing. I will be working on procedural building layout soon and need some buildings to test with. They won’t be in the final game since it’s a commercial project but would help get that part started. The game is Galaxy Empire, link is in my sig.

Participant
    Quote:
    I will be working on procedural building layout soon

That sounds like a dream coming true. I just love procedural stuff in games 😀 . Can’t wait to see it action.

Participant
    Ross128 wrote:
    i like very much the second globular building, as already sayd it is a nice retro-style touch

who remember the landscape destroyed by the planet in Star-Maidens? (look at 1:21)

Nice. I dig the retro style too, and those models made by Grey look great in game. Having the building placed on platforms may solve the issue of not having roads or a base for the building. Maybe we use flying cars in the future. 😀

Participant
    Taquito wrote:
    Ross128 wrote:

Nice. I dig the retro style too, and those models made by Grey look great in game. Having the building placed on platforms may solve the issue of not having roads or a base for the building. Maybe we use flying cars in the future. 😀

How is the terrain generated? Is it just Perlin noise on a global scale? It seems like the cities are procedurally confined to a specific region, why cant we use a heightmap to define an exception to the Noise algorithm for that area?

Otherwise all of the buildings have to be made to look sort of temporary, like the could take off and fly with you at any moment.

Participant

why should they? isn’t it great that a city can overlap a crater wall occasionally, or build on a cliffs edge.

we will have to find the architectural solutions for it, that’s all.

idea, make a building that looks like a bulb with the small part as only part overground, the rest will be only visible at special occasions when the slope is high enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.