Home Forums FPS, Strategy and Tactical Scifi Games Conquest 2 – The Vyrium Uprising. Dead

Viewing 2 reply threads

This HumbleBundle expires on 12/31/2018

• Author
      GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

Hello Folks

I thought I would create a thread to mark the passing of Conquest 2 – The Vyrium Uprising which was meant to be a follow up to Conquest Frontier Wars. 🙁

Its devs did not reach their Kickstarter funding target and have now closed development. Look here for details http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/186 … fans-unite

This could have been a great game, what a shame. 🙁

Still, perhaps the game might yet be picked up by one of the big games companies? It would be a shame indeed for all the work put into it so far, to go to waste.

This bundle expires on 12/20/2018

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

The devs didn’t even break 10% funding which is in my mind a sign of not really planning before doing a kickstarter. After reading some of the comments I would have to agree that a release of CFW on GOG would have been great for the publicity and of course some type of in-game footage demo to show-off the early alpha. Yeah $600k is a bit much to ask for a game if you don’t have any named famous devs or IP on your side to help it along.

I hope they keep it alive as a side project and redo the kickstarter when the game is alpha ready.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

I don’t think Kickstart is the gold mine every one seem to think it is and with the high amounts which are being asked for there probably going to be a few more causalities.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.