Viewing 84 reply threads

This HumbleBundle expires on 12/31/2018

• Author
      PinbackPinback
      Administrator

New space combat game from the maker of Galaxy on fire http://everspace-game.com/

Not saying much about it on the site.

ROCKFISH is offering you a chance to be involved in our new project EVERSPACE a rogue-like PC space shooter with top-notch visuals and audio and a captivating non-linear story.

Also will be running a kickstarter soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJiq3wg1LVE

Looks pretty standard from the video and not much different to what we have seen 50 times before although it may have one thing going for it if it turns out to be more a sandbox shooter than a level one.

This bundle expires on 12/20/2018

ExpandingMan
      Participant

Ooh, that’s looking nice.  I like how they have ripped off the No Man’s Sky color palette.  I also like the idea of it being a rogue-like.  Hopefully we’ll get a lot more detail when they do their kickstarter.  My experience with UE4 so far (Unreal Tournament!) has been fantastic.  It’s so silky smooth and gorgeous I absolutely love it.

I played Galaxy on Fire after picking it up for dirt cheap in a Steam sale.  I had known it was a mobile port, so my expectations were extremely low.  I was very pleasantly surprised, and quite enjoyed the game.  (I think the low expectations were a big factor, but I think whatever way you cut it, Galaxy on Fire was pretty great for a mobile port.)

Bouitaz
      Participant

Looks good. A bit too bright for space but that’s just me nitpicking.

I love the fact that you can play from a third person person chase cam view.

I’m buying it just because of that. Well, that and Galaxy on Fire 2.

(One of the three space sims I’ve actually finished, the other 2 being Freelancer and Escape Velocity Nova)

(Oops, four. I forgot Tachyon – The Fringe)

Even though I said I’d buy it I would still like some more info, if only to whet my appetite beforehand.

auryx
      Participant

Looks excellent, thanks for the spot Pinback. Isn’t it great that there are so many new indie space sims in the works these days? I remember the dark years where pretty much all you could find online was VegaStrike….!

I still find it fascinating how everyone has different taste for these things. Personally, I could never play any space sim that enforced third-person chase cam 🙂 I just hate it, it removes all the realism and makes it feel like you’re playing some kind of kids’ arcade game…..and yet obviously other people love this perspective 🙂

auryx

ExpandingMan
      Participant

Personally, I could never play any space sim that enforced third-person chase cam

I don’t know what it is, though it’s probably a consequence of growing up with X-Wing, TIE Fighter and Privateer, but to me playing anything resembling a space-sim in 3rd person seems like the most audacious possible heresy.  I even played Freelancer from first person.  I know it’s completely irrational, but I was secretly ecstatic when Elite Dangerous did not initially include any type of 3rd person option whatsoever.  (I suppose it’s ironic that I played EVE for years, but EVE is essentially a cap ship simulator, so it doesn’t really count.)

From a slightly more rational perspective, in space sims there is generally no reason whatsoever to block half your screen with a picture of your spaceship.  Not being able to see what your ship is blocking is often a real problem.  Admittedly, I suppose it is occasionally nice to get to see an external perspective (just for fun).

Anyway, I’m happy Everspace has both modes, and they both look gorgeous.

Bouitaz
      Participant

Personally, I could never play any space sim that enforced third-person chase cam 🙂 I just hate it, it removes all the realism and makes it feel like you’re playing some kind of kids’ arcade game…..

I would play that, if a bit grudgingly. I don’t like things being enforced either.

Everspace seems to go the golden route of focused single-player with optional first/third person cam and possible eventual multiplayer.

I would never ever play anything enforcing a first person view though.

I just can’t stand feeling constrained and restricted.

I’d like to imagine that the technology has advanced so that you are not limited to just your cockpit view.

That would feel anachronistic and take me out of it.

Nano/femto-tech could easily make miniaturized computers and cameras that report the health of your ship and it’s near-space while translating that into a holographic view whilst protecting the pilot from anywhere within the ship.

News of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen filled my heart with immense joy and then sadness as I learned they would enforce a first person view.

Lets not mention online only stuff either..brrr.

auryx
      Participant

That’s a very interesting perspective on it (no pun intended). I hadn’t thought that chase-cam view might actually be more realistic for the future – but it’s a very good point!

Yeah the online-only thing with Elite annoyed me too, as well as the push to get it to console instead of adding planetary landings and more ships. I can see they have to make money, but it left a bad taste in the mouth. Oh well, fortunately we have lots of other space sims to look forward to! 🙂

auryx

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Looks excellent, thanks for the spot Pinback. Isn’t it great that there are so many new indie space sims in the works these days? I remember the dark years where pretty much all you could find online was VegaStrike….!

Aye it’s fantastic to see so many new games and that a lot of them are pushing what can be done in this genre and not just rehashing what went before.

As for Everspace I think the jury may be out until we know about it although I’m hopping it may be sandbox style game and was that bit in the video an internal docking or just flying through a bit space junk?

No leading target reticle which I always think is a bad thing for a space combat game and I’m also guessing that the joypad will be the default controller for this game.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Just been having a trawl through the Steam threads http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/discussions/486215755

Looks like keyboard & mouse are the default control.

The minimum controls will be K+M but we hear you and we will address gamepad controls in our Kickstarter campaign as well. Just spread the word and get more gamepad pilots on board 😉

Hotas maybe a stretch goal.

Thanks for bringing this up. We will address HOTAS support in our Kickstarter campaign. If there are enough people backing for that we will include it in the final game.

No muliplayer again possible stretch goal.

We are pitching EVERSPACE as a single-player game at its core but we will address the mulitplayer subject in our Kickstarter campaign starting August, 6th. Stay tuned.

Not the same universe as GOF.

Well, we don’t have the IP rights to GOF anymore so it won’t be the same universe. But sometimes it is just a great opportunity to start from scratch. This time we had much more time to put deep thoughts into our lore, the characters, the plot and the setting. Of course, we don’t want to spoil anything yet but eventually you will tell us if we did it right!

ExpandingMan
      Participant

Hmm… making the HOTAS a stretch goal will certainly piss a lot of people off.  On the other hand, the video evokes memories of Freelancer, and people have been clamoring for a spiritual successor to that for a long time.  (For any who don’t know, Freelancer was very mouse oriented.)

As for me I’ve been much preferring the mouse lately (Elite Dangerous is my main space sim for the moment).  My biggest problem with HOTAS right now is that they seem somehow sub-optimal for 6DOF.  So, at the moment it doesn’t bother me at all if they only support mouse.  

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Think it’s going to be a JASS game (Just Another Space Shooter) rather than a sandbox space trader although they did mention resource gathering in the video but it may just be picking stuff up from destroyed ship as well as chipping away at some asteroids as shown in the video.

Looking at the screen shots on the web site I see what I thought was some sort of docking in the video looks more to be just a bit of space junk which you fly through.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

And Everspace Kickstarter is a go https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace looking for 225 thousand Euro.more details on the kickstarter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0UqyGE2His

In EVERSPACEâ„¢ we take a more action-focused approach to the core gameplay of a space shooter and combine it with a modern, rogue-like game loop taking you on a challenging journey through an ever-changing, yet beautifully crafted universe full of surprises.

Each run will be exciting as you will have to face completely new situations. Your skills, experience and talent for improvisation will be tested continously. By this we keep each part of the game long-lasting and generate lots of individual, meaningful moments for you to experience.

… FULL OF SURPRISES

The goal of the game may sound simple: Reach your destination. However, with every new attempt you will face all new challenges as the route to your destination and the obstacles you must overcome vary each time you play.

When you start a run, a new course to your destination will be plotted so that it is very unlikely that you will encounter the same setting twice. To survive you will have to adapt to the circumstances at hand:

• Use different tactics when dealing with enemies – cloak your ship and sneak past or attack all guns blazing?
      • Gather resources for much needed repairs in the local asteroid belt or hunt down well-guarded traders for their precious supplies?
      • Explore the mysterious nebula visible in the distance with unknown consequences or stay safe and head straight to the space station for refueling?
      • Investigate cosmic anomalies and stellar bodies (wormholes, comets, derelict ship wrecks) or don’t bother and jump to the next system?

Obviously as an EVERSPACEâ„¢ pilot you need to deal with lots of decisions during your journey. Each and every one will affect how you experience your personal quest to the ultimate goal. Because of this no EVERSPACEâ„¢ run is like any other. Ever.

ExpandingMan
      Participant

Ugh. 225k is really ambitious.  I don’t think they are going to make that.

Also the words “deeper narrative experience” fill me with dread.  When will people learn that narrative in storytelling is terrible in 99% of games.  Hell, it’s terrible 50% of the time in the 1% which do it relatively well.  

Otherwise, looks charming.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

It’s a doable target if they churn out the updates every few days otherwise it will probably hit x amount in the first week then do little till the last week of the Kickstarter.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Doing really well as they are over  the €150K mark already and still have 25 days to run.

couple of new vids out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-mpm_47k6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hv_8zhoTUw

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I really want to see more of what you can do when your not in combat… there was one video in the kickstarter of the ship using lasers to cut up an asteroid that looked great actually and was wondering if that was the mining process?

Game definitely looks great and seems to play well in the videos, I don’t see why this would fail kickstarter, they are about 74k away from meeting the goal and they have 25 days left so its really doable at this point. I probably won’t jump on this and I will wait until it is on steam to see what people think.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Seems to be more about collecting resources for crafting items than any sort of mining, according to the latest video update it more a 3D FTL game than a sand box space trader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Ur0cXvIls

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Dev blog 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ku2_1qOXc

And if they want to rise more funds post or pre Kickstarter then wheres the PayPal option.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Nice to see this get funded, I think their stretch goals could have been better. I think controller support should have been higher on the list, but looks like they will make the first goal of linux and mac support.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Over the goal and the first stretch goal in the bag as well and not far off the second one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPHYk7FUmuc

Big news is they finally have a PayPal option, check the website.

ExpandingMan
      Participant

I’m very glad to see them blow past their goal.  I was worried when they started to slow down about a week ago.  I of course, don’t really back kickstarters, because I don’t really see how it would benefit me personally (which makes me more than a bit of a hypocrite) but I am very happy to see other people provide the initial capital for the games I want to play.

I’m still waiting for a spiritual successor to Freelancer, I think a lot of people are.  I don’t think this will be that, because it’s rogue-like, but if we are very lucky it might fill some of the hole left by Freelancer, and I quite like the idea of it being a rogue-like besides.  

I think it’s also very telling that this has done so well without HOTAS or controller support.  

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Definitely no Freelancer more of a 3D FTL clone without the crew.

Have gone in on the space doggie tier.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Bit late posting this, about 2 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCh7VnVpSc

And I think they also hit their 3rd stretch goal.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Update from Everspace through Kickstarter.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rockfishgames/everspace/posts/1431253 being wondering what they have been upto.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

The visuals looks great (dang backdrops look amazing) and I definitely understand the issues with website expansion and integration. I have always struggled with this because I see new tech that I could use with the site but porting over the content would be a nightmare.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

New game play video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE0crTqvt6A

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

This game visually looks great, still want to see more gameplay mechanics besides combat.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Aye would be nice to know a bit more about it, my take on it at the moment is a 3D FTL game where you are always moving forward in the game.

IronHoundIronHound
      Participant

I have the same impressions as Pinback. It didn’t seem as open ended as I first thought after seeing some videos. I’m not against FTL style play, I’m just curious why they didn’t ape GoF2.

Bouitaz
      Participant

I hope they find success with their fresh take on the space sim genre. It does sound a bit interesting, so I’ll be keeping an eye out.

They could always go back to the mold of GoF 2 afterwards, and I hope they do actually.

Far too few good space sims with a fixed third person chase cam as an option.

I don’t even have to count them…Freelancer and Galaxy of Fire 2…with an “acceptable” Darkstar One…That’s it.

There are more good 2D space sims than 3D sadly.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Their is a post on the steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/486215755/535151589899877459/ about some of the shenanigans that went on with fishlabs and GOF3.

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

I love it! First of all i prefere first person especially on space games, i want to fill me “inside” the spaceship. 

Second, even if i like the “trade, build, fight” filosofy for space sim i surely prefere only the fight option! My heart is for wing commander and X wing series so i always hope for a good development of that kind of space sim.

Phaserlight
      Participant

This does look like a really great game in the making.

The devs of that game I play know the devs behind this project.  Everyone in the Vendetta community that pledged at least $5 to the KS is supposed to get a special skin that will remain exclusive for a year…

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

Hope it will be released in 2016.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I wish them all the success, when you do read that small background on GOF history its a shame what they had to go through so I hope being on their own that they find success with this new IP and hopefully becomes a series for them.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Very nice update from Rockfish with some more details of the game play.

Dear Pilots,

With GDC just around the corner, we are super busy getting a polished build ready that has all of the fundamental parts of EVERSPACE in place. The most obvious addition is the preliminary HUD and UI. Even though it looks pretty polished already, the main objective is to find out how well it works in 1st and 3rd person views. We haven’t even decided yet if we will have a HUD in 1st person view at all, or if all the information will instead be displayed on the cockpit’s screens.

Pick Your Ship!

The hangar – this is where all your runs will begin. It is the place where you can select your ship and see detailed stats on each ship class. Of course, the three ship classes will each have different strengths and weaknesses, offering a wide range of play styles.

d292adfc2db3fed8cc3126c63f74e10b_origina

Perks – What’s Under The Bonnet?

So far you have seen lots of in-game shots of beautiful and atmospheric space backdrops, randomized planets and asteroids, and staggering environmental effects, as well as gigantic capital ships, vast graveyards of shipwrecks, and action-loaded space battles featuring intense dog fights and big explosions. These are all the shiny parts of EVERSPACE. The Upgrade & Perks screen, on the other hand, shows you what’s really down at the core. You will return here many, many times to improve your ship before flying out yet again. The design is far from final, but you’ll get the idea.

f997e98a040a86dcc07e864f4c52af36_originaSpend credits to unlock and upgrade perks.

Gear, Gadgets, Guns And More

In every roguelike you have plenty of equipment you can unlock and upgrade depending on your personal preference or play style. In EVERSPACE you will have four major types of equipment: Primary and Secondary Weapons, Consumables, and Devices. In order to modify or craft an item during a run, simply select a piece of equipment or an empty slot to open up a crafting list of available blueprints. You will find and unlock new blueprints as you play the game and won’t lose any of them after death. Upgrading and crafting both require a certain amount of resources, as you can see in the box on the right. At the bottom of the screen you can see all the resources you currently have on board. (Please note that some numbers don’t add up as this is not an actual screenshot).

ad3164b8d8bcc455749458462aff8273_originaSpend resources to craft and upgrade your equipment.

Damage Is Not Just A Number

To give you a more meaningful experience when being hit by enemies or exposed to environmental hazards, the damage system in EVERSPACE is fairly complex. Currently there are seven different components that can take damage. When one of these gets damaged, your ship will still be operational, but the damage will come with component-specific downsides. For instance, if your weapon component is damaged, your weapons will fire at a lower rate and will drain more energy. If your sensor is broken, your HUD will flicker and won’t show target indicators on screen. Repairing component damage requires resources and nano-bots, both of which you might also need in order to repair your hull or to craft new equipment – so think wisely before spending them all.

0aeaf1b24f5ec7c4752aabc0cf47625a_originaUse resources to repair damaged ship components.

Find YOUR Way!

At the start of each run we roll the dice and plot a new course that leads to your final destination. However, you are free to choose the exact route that you want to take. In the Sector View you can pick the next system to jump to and get high level information on what you can expect to find in each system. Further intel about resources and points of interest will require special sensors or devices.

e11ec7a71e75b261f84b100297d7e68d_originaFor every run a new course will be plotted.

The System View provides more detailed information on the locations in each system, like threat level, available missions, and main quest items. We have not yet decided on exactly how much information will appear here, but we’ll have a better idea after developing the upcoming Alpha release.

fe64b14c035ccb76f27de1dc1ff74baa_originaWithin a system pick the location you want to travel to before you leave via the next jump gate.

How Low Can You Go?

We have talked about our romantic interpretation of space before, and it is not just about making things look prettier and more interesting in a space game. It is also a means to provide a sense of scale and distance. We have taken this even further and you can now fly at lower altitudes above planets with stunningly detailed surface structures.

f953d3a8c801d552e7d4fe43da730d44_originaSometimes you might forget about shooting stuff and simply enjoy the view…

Big Business In Space

Sometimes Space can be a very busy place. We have created points of interest where many different things are going on. For instance, you will encounter mining facilities where huge mining lasers drill for ore. Drones will then carry the ore to the mining facility where freighters dock to load the refined resources and transport the precious freight to distant planets.

8f5865d59f3bbb3290c9a25eecfd1909_originaBig mining business going on.

It is up to you to mine for ore yourself, kill and loot the drones or go for the big guys…

ac317b55b6af23de32deaf31530d96ad_originaThink twice before you mess with a convoy.

Usually, freighters travel in a convoy with heavy fighters protecting them. It might be wise to wait for the right moment to ambush…

3af2d3b78cd84b8946a679f5507f1be4_origina

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

Ship update and perks like in a RPG game…oh my god! I’m gonna love this game!

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I have to admit Rockfish is really making something special and the attention to detail is nice to see, these UI screens are great looking and informative. Ah I think having a space game dry spell back a few years ago was worth it now 🙂

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Word from gaming site PCInvasion http://www.pcinvasion.com/everspace-alpha-coming-soon that Rockfish are stopping their crowdfunding and moving to Steams for their Alpha, can’t see anything on the Rockfish site about so I guess we will have to wait until they send an announcement out to see if this bit of news is right.

After careful consideration we decided to cease the crowdfunding when the Alpha version will ship at the end of April. Steam doesn’t allow us to sell any copies whatsoever once we use their system to distribute game copies (which makes perfect sense from a platform owner point of view). On the other hand, we refrain from selling Alpha versions through Steam as this would mean going through Early Access officially whereas the game is far from ready for that. Furthermore, it would dilute the value of every Alpha and Beta access you guys got through Kickstarter or our website and of course we continue to appreciate your early commitment very much.”

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Some more gameplay footage and your last chance to get into the Alpha/Beta of the game as they will be stopping crowd funding on the 30th of this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCxZyRpae6w

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

New Alpha out and they say the Beta not far off.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Looks like the beta will be starting at the end of this month according to their Kickstarter update.

All in all, things are coming together nicely for the launch of the exclusive Beta on July 29th. Beta backers will get their hands on EVERSPACE for the first time, and all Alpha backers can look forward to 85+ new features, tweaks, and bug fixes since our last patch from a few weeks ago. Let me highlight just some of the new features.

The biggest addition to the Alpha are the two new sectors waiting to be explored after you make it through the first four. You will see all-new ocean planets, rocky asteroids, improved space clouds and sun flares – which are not just beautiful to look at.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

So I got my Beta key yesterday, downloaded the Beta 1.6gb then another 150 meg update, started the game and it won’t launch.

Thought they might have sorted any starting problems out in the Alpha.

Here’s a nice trailer so I see what I can’t play yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HvpLe-2ijk

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Heh, sorry Pinback. This is why I never play these alpha/beta games because it usually lets me down. But I have to admit the fluidity of the combat looks great in the video and of course the visuals look great (especially those explosions). Hope you get the starting problems fixed so you can play 🙂

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

It’s been 24 hours now and I’m still waiting for a response from Rockfish, but given that it is a weekend it may be down to the fact that their is no one around who can answer it.

Will just have to wait and see.

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

Hope it will works soon pinback, i’d like to read your opinion about this game. Looking to vids it’s more on dogfighting like freespace maybe…i love this kind of space sims and everspace could be a very good choice while squadron 42 will be released.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

No luck getting it to work so far and pretty poor response from Rockfish, one of the other member on the beta forum suggested that it maybe something do with a windows net framework.

At the moment I’m just waiting to see if theirs another update to the game from rockfish as I know from past experience a later update can make a game work.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

No luck getting it to work so far and pretty poor response from Rockfish, one of the other member on the beta forum suggested that it maybe something do with a windows net framework.

That might be something Pinback, I know when I have once before uninstalled and reinstalled only the .Net or C++ distributable that was needed to play a game and it worked well after that. I mean just looking at my add/remove programs on my system now I have 20x Visual C++ versions and 6x .Net installs. So there has to be some conflicts in there some where. You would think they would make them all inclusive and the latest would support everything from older versions 🙂

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Could be but I have not got around to doing with it yet and their is a new update for the game, but I won’t be able to download until the weekend.

I see the game will be launching on GOG soon, if anyone is thinking of buying into it just be mindful that if you have any technical problems with getting the game running you can expect no help from Rockfish on their Beta forum.

Edit, should also be coming to Steams early access as well.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

A 300MB update and still not working.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Just been looking at the everspace forums and it seems a few others are having the same problem and so far Rockfish response is to put the blame on Windows and users who don’t update ever single update from Microsoft.

In other words they no idea what the problem is.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

That’s a lame ass excuse they are giving you guys Pinback. They don’t have some sort of crash log or something you can send them? You would think with still being under development that you could start the game in some sort of debug mode to give them feedback or at the very least a crash report. I don’t recall Rockfish Games being this unresponsive to their fans?

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

I do get the feeling that their is some thing more fundamentally wrong than they are admitting too and it may only effect a minority of player at the moment. but if they have not sorted out by the time the game goes on sale on GOG and Steam they could be in for a shit storm.

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

Just been looking at the everspace forums and it seems a few others are having the same problem and so far Rockfish response is to put the blame on Windows and users who don’t update ever single update from Microsoft.

In other words they no idea what the problem is.

Ah ah ah! I never, i repeat NEVER update windows since i had 3.1 in 1993 and mu games always run well…if a game doesn’t work the problem is the game itself.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

That’s my feeling about it, it’s got more to do with the game than any updates.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Another update to the beta but still not working for me.

Believe the game will be going live on Steams EA and GOG on the 14 of this month.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

How can they go live if there is a bunch of people who cannot even play the game? They just cannot blame windows if they say they support windows as a gaming platform 😉

Do they ask for windows logs or game logs to help find the problem? I know windows and all the different manufacturer hardware in pc’s can be a nightmare for developers to code too but generally most software works on windows and its usually a gfx driver issue that affects a game most times.

ExpandingMan
      Participant

The overwhelmingly positive Steam reviews would seem to suggest that this is not a common problem.  Indeed, I haven’t experienced any either.  I expect that the fact that this is a U4 game means that its rather difficult for the developers to guess what’s causing some of the more unusual failures as they probably are not experts on the engine itself.

Could you describe the failure mode?  What OS and video card are you using?

By the way, when the U4 engine works it is absolutely spectacular.  Both Everspace and Unreal Tournament run absolutely beautifully for me, neither of them ever dips below 120fps and they look gorgeous.  Man, I can’t wait for Borderlands 3.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

The problem has some thing to do with windows updates but I have given up fiddling around with it and I will wait until I upgrade to windows 10 now.

I may leave a negative review on Steam, not about the game as I never been able to play it but about Rockfish and their attitude to their customers which has been just to ignore any problems.

I get the feeling the more professional and bigger the developer is the worst their customer care is.

ZeroGScott
      Participant

First space game I’ve played in a LONG LONG time where I felt it was taking the space genera into new territory. Such well thought out mechanics and execution. It feels like a spiritual successor to so many games, I keep playing it wanting to see the games design structure in a Wing Commander Universe setting, or a Star Wars setting. Looking forward to seeing what the new ships bring and if they’re open to adding more factions. There’s a TON of potential here. Regardless of what the future brings this is a must buy for an space game fan.

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

This game has very good feedback on steam, hope the final version will be released soon. I don’t like to play early access games.

Giraffasaur
      Participant

Hello everyone! I’m one of the moderators over on the official **Everspace Forums**, and I wanted to drop by and say hello. :smiley:

It sounds like there has been a little bit of tension here with some technical issues, so I wanted to reach out and help answer _any_ Everspace questions you all have (even regarding gameplay features, upcoming content, etc). In addition, I can direct the **Rockfish Games** team over here for further assistance if need be; I think you’ll find they’re a really responsive and personable group of individuals.

Let me know how I can help you!

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

Thanks giraffasaur, this is very appreciated.
      I’ll surely buy everspace as soon as it will be on final release, i love this kind of spacesims!

Giraffasaur
      Participant

@PINBACK , I had to ask: _Did the update to Windows 10 solve the problem?_ Or are you still having issues loading up Everspace?

@natansharp , it’s my pleasure; glad you’re looking into the game. In actuality, I’m a strong advocate for purchasing complete games instead of buying into Alphas/Betas myself (unless you’re really into playtesting and problem-solving), so I can respect and agree with your decision to wait. Fortunately, based on the development timeline, that wait shouldn’t be too much longer, either! 😉

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

This is a very good news!

Giraffasaur
      Participant

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a little update the developers provided this morning via Twitter:

[https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/823905861680693251](https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/823905861680693251https://twitter.com/everspace_game/status/823905861680693251”)

What this means is that some of the previous issues the developers were having using Unreal Engine should be resolved in the upcoming v0.4 patch, coming to **ALL CURRENT PLATFORMS** (not just Steam) planned for February. In addition to the code base, the game itself will be receiving some modifications and tweaks as well, including (but not limited to) Gunship buffs to armor and drones, Enhancement Perks for unique runs and much more for v0.4.

Giraffasaur
      Participant

It’s been a minute, so I wanted to drop a couple things about the upcoming patch (v0.4) which should be dropping within the next two weeks if all goes accordingly.

Ship Layouts: Allows different loadouts of equipment. This applies to all three ships.
      Enhancements: Modifiers that will alter little details of a run. Only a few Enhancements can be selected before each run, creating more variety.
      Smart Crafting: Your recently crafted items will appear at the top of your crafting list, making certain items more accessible. (Scanning Probes will be much easier to craft, for instance.)
      Gunship Buffs: Armor is raising at least 10% to help this beastly ship live up to it’s name, while modifications to it’s Drone usage and Energy reserves will provide some serious firepower additions.

As with every version addition, it’s likely we’ll see a slew of gameplay tweaks and updates as well.

I’ll let you all know when the update is live. Toodles for now.

Giraffasaur
      Participant

More of the patch has been revealed, including (but not limited to) some derelict spaceship innards, ship customization and simultaneous release for Steam, GOG, XBox and Windows Store!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCD8JpliRY
      Giraffasaur
      Participant

v0.4 patch is LIVE for all Steam, GOG, XBox and Windows Store owners! (Mac and Linux are still being worked on, unfortunately.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M8YVUa4zBc
      sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Looks like a nice update, good video Giraffasaur

natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

You are doing a very good job! Everspace will be mine for sure!
      I’m following this project and i only read good reviews on steam…it will be an excellent wing commander like spacesim.
      I prayed for this kind of spacesim a lot!

Giraffasaur
      Participant

Thanks @natansharp, I’ve been enjoying running around getting this game out there. It definitely could use more exposure.

Also, v0.5 is right around the corner it looks like!

Giraffasaur
      Participant

Progress is moving forward quickly with QA testing and approvals, so the version skipped ahead a few! Be looking out for this drop in the next couple weeks, or even next few days!

Giraffasaur
      Participant
      Giraffasaur
      Participant

Release is imminent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRy04FdwTLk&t=0s
      sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

It has released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPzK4dzVKU
      natansharpnatansharp
      Participant

I tried this game at a friend of mine that bought it…the game is good but for me there is a problem…the joystick support!
      I read a thread on steam about it and the problem with U4 engine that doesn’t support joystick but there are plugin to add it.
      When we think to a space simspace dogfighting game the joystick is fundamental!
      I hate playing with a controller and even with mouse…i’m also an fps gamer so i use mouse and keyboard alot but for space games joystick is the best!
      Can you fix this?

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I thought I posted about this but couldn’t find it…

But Everspace has had some new DLC out for about 5 months now and it looks pretty good. I will probably buy Everspace Ultimate Edition on the next big steam sale. But you can checkout the DLC here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/709150/EVERSPACE__Encounters/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnsgKxKrvBI
      PinbackPinback
      Administrator

New computer and the game now works.:)

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

Is it a solid game Pinback, is it worth getting?

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

I let you know but I’m a bit obsessed by Stella Tactics at the moment.

IronHoundIronHound
      Participant

Ooh. Stellar Tactics does look good, as does Spacebourne.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/732240/SpaceBourne/

Everytime I look at Everspace those two come to mind.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Spent a couple of hours with it now, pretty sold game so far, you do die a lot but that that is part of the game play. One thing I don’t like is having to keep the w key pressed down to move forward which I think is more of a FPS than a space game where the w key is used to increase the speed.

Spacebourn has the that W key problem as well.

IronHoundIronHound
      Participant

I cant find an edit button either. I think you guys discussed it in another thread? So…

…I just picked up Everspace because I need something to tide me over until Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and E:D just isn’t cutting it. (I Like thruster based combat, and loved FS2, but E:D just makes it too difficult, if you get in combat with any NPC over Novice, you had better have a fully decked out end-game combat ship. They really dropped the ball imho.

I like roguelikes so I’ll give my impressions. Im also playing Freelancer again, so that will color my impressions a bit.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

The game nothing like freelancer and like all FTL clones it can feel a bit linear as you always have to go forward with a limited number jump points.

Love that gatling gun for blasting the asteroids,trouble is I keep using it on the enemies ships when I should be using the laser then the gatling gun.:D

Bit of a smart alec ships computer as it told me “that hitting large objects would cause damage” just as smacked into an asteroid and blew up. 😀 😀

Having played a few hours of the game I take back what I said about the “W” key as the controls work very well in the game, especially for getting into the bigger asteroids and shipwrecks.

Agree the forum needs a edit/delete post buttons.

Viewing 84 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.