Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Faces – Characters – Models

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

OHKEH! (for halloween)

OHKEH, i expected a little more of the facegen mod, a little bit at least, i expected simple pictures.
    – somehow.

but i’m happy, this means the idea of generated images is still senseful, phew.
    the thing is just, that i won’t do it myself, not that i couldn’t but i have else enough up and i don’t like andy to wait to long for a few more FFED3D models.
    i would like, but i don’t like to displease the few who depend on me like andy or especially steve.
    already i feel a little guilt to let them wait such long thus i didn’t wan’t to start a third thing.
    i would like to participate a little, but i won’t lead the team or can’t/won’t do all.
    but we will see, if there is no one else…
    it’s not such a big thing, it will cost me a lot of time to elaborate an interchangeable blender scene. the mean thing is that if that is once done it’s easy to create them. at least how i imagine it, if it works out as i expect i didn’t know yet.

i will see, maybe it’s an option to ask for support in the blender forum.
    or maybe i need just a little more patience and someone will jump on the bandwagon.

it was i good idea of you to publish them and especially to show your work to me.
    i haven’t much cartoons to offer, made last year some, one to keep that what has happened to me in my mind (when the police kicked me out of my wheelchair) and two sketches about my thoughts to what is going down or on in the world.
    foremost i’m not a good storyteller.
    yes i’m a blabbermouth, but not a good storyteller, i know if i tell a story it’s not very interesting, ppl don’t like to listen to this plain stuff, they like it in full color on broad screen with a lot of special effects, in other words if you lie and blow your story up they listen, but if you just tell what happened for real it’s not of interest. “aha ja, well, so so”
    neither i’m good in telling jokes, to flat, to short, maybe i’m to serious in telling but i can’t change that. i concentrate to much on the essential things and that’s not funny.
    i guess my sketches tell a lot more as my stories do.

to return to topic.
    i would even like cheesy clips like in FFE, really i like that.

so yes the idea of counterfeis of co-devs and players as far as they like to publish that isn’t such a bad one.
    imagine put on a helmet of some sort and say “we don’t like your kind around here”. “that was a close one” i think that’s hilarious.
    i really though for a while about to engage my friends for such, i mean they just hang around, drink a lot of beer and smoke a lot of green leafy stuff (parsley of course what else did you expected?).
    Phil’s a great buddy, but unfartunately it’s hard to do planned things with him. last year we took some chalk and uglyfied our railroadstation. it was great and the passengers liked it (not so the guards). but you can do this with him only when it’s illegal, as soon as i say “let’s go to the city and ask for a place where we can do this, they will be for sure cooperative” then he’s off and didn’t likes to. no it has to be illegal else it’s not good. often you just have to ask and mostly the answer will be yes. you can still rebel if they say no.

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

dunno what i should think of it, i guess i prefere the pioneer way.
    that’s maybe also because my namegen table differs much, i use only surnames of astronomers, physicians, mathematicians and a few chemicists and very few actors and the whole russian and us manned space flight team. +100 from each faction.
    that is from my pov a quite good blend, only some asian and african surnames are missing.
    for the first names i did a quite deep search in web and i use a lot of arabic names (they sound good)
    first names of some of the above.

i feel they don’t fit to the facegen mod.
    sometimes they do

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

sometimes it fails completely

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

i guess i really prefere this

no i didn’t sorted them, but i tell you it’s surprising how well faces and names recently workout.

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

c’mon that’s Thalia Makarov, she looks exactly like.

or even this,

Ana Pannekoek, what else, imagine now some weird robot, it won’t work.

Thalia Makarov is a lucky throw, but you will encounter many such lucky throws.

i know it’s coincidental, but exactly this is good.
    i merged also some names from walterars scout,it’s a bit crazy to have all those marias and juans.
    but since the table grew very large they are just some.

like i said i feel the sci-fi face mod, apart from beeing less shuttered, didn’t works well with the international names i have.

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

and well stations, that’s great if they are named after all these physicians and astronomers.
    for the high pop outdoor world i made even a quite large table, most names are Heaven or Paradise in all kinds of human languages.

sometimes they are such grouped that one could think it’s planned
    but i sorted the names alphabetically, there is no grouping except this and because it’s more or less random this is coincidentially.

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

a lat example from a highpop outdoor world

the other planet is named “New Tombogandhi”
    100 pts for you if you know where or what Tombogandhi is

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

oh, i needed a little to long to edit my post, never mind.

the only thing which is maybe of real interest is that i reached better results with the namegen since i sorted all alphabetically, there is no chance that it could be coincidentially “orderly” or appear orderly, that some will stand exactly in a alphabetical order.

Participant

It looks like I have done this post before but it doesn’t show up. If it does with you… sorry about this.

For those who like new faces in Pioneer:

https://spacesimpics2.weebly.com/

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.