Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects FFED3D FFED3D Complete Package

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Hey Everyone

Well this past week I have compiled together all of the latest models/snd/music/texture files and packaged them all up for everyone. I also tested and added the latest version of JSGME (Generic Mod Enabler). It is a nice tool to add mods to your install without having to make backups of your folders and remember the files you edited. Only thing you cannot do with the mod tool is enable two mods that would edit the same model/texture/sound/music file or folder. I did my best to note possible issues in the mod tool mouse-over tooltips.

Example screenshot of JSGME:

[hsimg]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7280/gme2.jpg[/hsimg]

I have made multiple downloads and one whole package for everyone that is available here:

(You will need 7zip to extract the archive: http://www.7-zip.org/)

FFED3D Complete and Multi-part Downloads

http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/ft … ir=/FFED3D

Package last updated on: 13 Aug 2010

So please leave all feedback for this package here. If there some things that need to be added or fixed, please post links to the files or file/code changes to be implemented.

Here is what is in this package:

Code:
    This package contains the latest version of FFED3D that was compiled by Elitegames.ru.
    Includes all models and textures that I could find that are compatible with FFED3D. Here is more of a detailed list of what is extra:

– FFE manual by Lucian Wischik.
    – Latest version of JSGME the Mod Manager tool (v2.6.0.157)
    – Latest version of B.U.F.F.E.T a FFE Trainer by whertz (v2.01)

Here are some additional mods that have been added to the most recent package package:
    Saker MK III – Folder 31, 201
    New Hanger Model – Folder 233
    IP Shuttle Stud-City – Folder 15

Following models have extra texture packs:
    Eagle MK1 – Folder 23*
    Crater – Folder 162*
    Axeblade Station – Folder 77*, 238*
    Lifter Cargo – Folder 153*
    Osprey Attack Fighter – Folder 19*
    Osprey X – Folder 32*
    Escape Capsule – Folder 14*

Latest textures (tex1-37, tex44-49, tex66, tex97-98, tex464-539 & tex701)

* Includes additional textures pack for that particular model, if you want a different texture than the current version. Copy the texture from inside the skinpack into that mods root folder and rename it to the same name as the original (make sure you make a backup of the original).

Have Fun

-D1-

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

Participant

Kewl! Thanks! 😀

The PDF manual for FFE is here. It looks like it includes everything that JJFFE added, so it should work with FFED3D.

I would think you’d have to get the author’s permission to add it to your download file.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Looks like there was a few downloads, just about 100 and no feedback?

Participant

Thanks for providing the download, it makes installing FFED3D a whole lot easier. I’ve only run across two problems, neither of which seem to be specific to your package and both I’ve been able to work around:

1. Icons sometimes disappearing – only in some resolutions, though since it was in the one I wanted to use I found that downgrading my Nvidia driver to an 80 series fixed it. I don’t run anything requiring a new driver anyway. Seems to be a common issue.

2. After accepting my first “classified” mission, the game would crash when jumping to the target system – maybe as a result of the “you have entered a restricted zone” message? I took a samegame immediately before jumping, GLFFE loaded it and I jumped into the target system, saved, went back to FFED3D and completed the mission with no further problems. The next “classified” mission I tried (which turned out to be Pleione…) didn’t produce the crash. Would you or the Russian guys be interested in the savegame?

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

I downloaded and installed, and I am impressed. This remake brings FFE to the next level (visually at least). And the package is great. Great work D1

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster
    Werty wrote:
    2. After accepting my first “classified” mission, the game would crash when jumping to the target system – maybe as a result of the “you have entered a restricted zone” message? I took a samegame immediately before jumping, GLFFE loaded it and I jumped into the target system, saved, went back to FFED3D and completed the mission with no further problems. The next “classified” mission I tried (which turned out to be Pleione…) didn’t produce the crash. Would you or the Russian guys be interested in the savegame?

If you have an account on Elite Games I would post something in this thread on what you are seeing: http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi … hp?t=47030

On the other issue that you are seeing I have read in a few places that people have some graphical anomalies depending on card and driver version.

CaptainKal wrote:
    This remake brings FFE to the next level (visually at least).

There was a few more models that were still being worked on so maybe in the next build 🙂

If people see models that get completed please let me know about them so I can add them to the TO ADD list so I don’t forget anything.

Participant

Is this package a stand-alone application/game or does it need to be installed alongside some existing software?

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Just extract it and play 🙂

You will need a DirectX compatible gfx card.

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant
    Quote:
    There was a few more models that were still being worked on so maybe in the next build 🙂

If people see models that get completed please let me know about them so I can add them to the TO ADD list so I don’t forget anything.

Keep up the good work then. 😀

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Here you go everyone with the difficulties in downloading the complete package. I broke up the package into two downloads of 60MB or so.

FFED3D Complete Package – Part 1

FFED3D Complete Package – Part 2

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Hi Darkone

Just to let you know, both parts of your FFE package downloaded sucessfully! Thanks so much!

Participant
    Werty wrote:

I couldn’t even find the base to photograph. Took the satellite down okay (didn’t even check to see if it was the old version or if they slipped one past me. Pfah.), and then spent an hour and a half crawling the planet at 2000m altitude looking for the installation. Fffffffffffffff.

(Oh, and the game works great, even on my old-ass computer.Thanks, Darkone)

Participant
    CommanderJameson wrote:
    Werty wrote:

I couldn’t even find the base to photograph. Took the satellite down okay (didn’t even check to see if it was the old version or if they slipped one past me. Pfah.), and then spent an hour and a half crawling the planet at 2000m altitude looking for the installation. Fffffffffffffff.

(Oh, and the game works great, even on my old-ass computer.Thanks, Darkone)

You can find the base if you go into the system display map and zoom to the planet/moon where the photo mission is.

Pan around the planet till you see the base and target it.

Participant

The wierdest thing happened to me yesterday when I started the game: I’ve seen the first blue screen in 5 years. 🙁

Participant
    Werty wrote:

❗ for those who played frontier & first encounters often this is a legally known problem of the game, often it helps when you “reset” your game, to explain; save game before leaving system (or any other important action), exit the game, restart and reload (this performs the game reset, by loosing some data stored in process).

you see maybe it would have worked in FFED3D too, if you just restarted your game ❓

but i don’t know, there could be differences between the versions of FFE, FFED3D uses JJFFE 2.8a6, GLFFE uses JJFFE 2.8a and JJFFE is already a wrapping for the DOS based “Frontier First Encounters”, which is a port of “Frontier” written entierly (almost) in assembler, changing a single byte could have multiple effects on the game.

💡 try to play FFE through DOS-Box to compare

💡 use “game reset” before you enter any system and you get sometimes rid of a lot of enemies in the target system.

[attachment=75:hny.jpg]

happy new year

cmdr potsmoke66

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.