Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects FFED3D FFED3D Complete Package

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    Participant
    Shingen wrote:

You can find the base if you go into the system display map and zoom to the planet/moon where the photo mission is.

Pan around the planet till you see the base and target it.

Yeah, that’s how I usually pull it off, but I don’t know if something got messed up with the new planet textures or not, because I can’t even see the little star-lookin thing on the planet to target. Also, spending 5 days (2x in-game time) crawling over the planet shoulda let me see something. Maybe I did something wrong. I guess I’ll just wait and take the hitman missions when they come up.

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

Participant

how close did you get to the planet, if your a bit to far away you won’t see and really, sometimes missions end up in a dead end. try another mission and see if it works (to me usually it does). in ffe you can see target in system map, in fe2 not, i never used starmap to search target, only point on planet and fly there and watched the rotating planet from a distance that the planet fills the screen (no target set, stealth), if you see your target don’t point at, they suspect beeing attact and interceptors leave the base as soon as you do so. fly not straightwards to your target, instead you should get down to 5000m at least 50000m away from target and fly over the surface, most interceptors will crash at this height, if you follow these rules you can get close to 30000m before you attract them. of course ffed3d it’s not finished in that point you can’t neither see your own ship (big pink blob) nor the attacking ships (small coloured blobs), i still miss the targeting tunnel, to me it was very handy, especially when you fly, dock or land without autopilot, it gives you a feel of your speed especially with stardreamer on. you can’t simply wait for the missions, they alter with your advance in ranking, anyway bombing missions are a bit boring and gives you less points then successful photograph missions.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

My method for doing bombing or photo missions was to fly directly above the target, then swoop down with the enemy base right at the centre of the planet. Taking note of the gravity of the target planet is very important. Most interceptors will fly right past you and those who don’t will turn back and crash. Experiment with differing attitudes before dropping your missile or taking your photo, turn 180 degrees around and get the hell out of Dodge on full burn. This is risky I will admit, but when you pull off one of those “Aliens” moments with a big explosion just behind your rapidly escaping ship, it’s so satisfying. Also because you are climbing at 180 degrees from the planet’s surface, you will be able to jump a little sooner too. Handy if the locals take offence to your “visit” 😉

Participant

I usually skim over the planet close enough to get an altitude reading. At lowest, 1000km off the surface. I’ll try giving it another shot on one of my other saves.

Participant
    Vaipa wrote:
    The wierdest thing happened to me yesterday when I started the game: I’ve seen the first blue screen in 5 years. 🙁

sorry never ever did see something like that caused by FFED3D, but many other progs especially microsofts own ❗

Participant

I’m experiencing the exact same symptoms you described in your post, mate (missing military installations, no Rockforth Academy to kill even for the scripted mission).

It’s very frustrating, cos I’m trying to do every scripted mission and am thus now “stuck” until I resolve this invisible-base issue. I’ve flown around the planet for days at very low altitudes (1-10km) and seen nothing, tried zooming in with the planetary view-finder – all to no effect. As with your situation for recon missions, I had no trouble locating the military satellite. It’s just the bases!

Did you ever get an answer from anyone as to how to resolve it?

Help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Participant
    Dasuke wrote:
    I’m experiencing the exact same symptoms you described in your post, mate (missing military installations, no Rockforth Academy to kill even for the scripted mission).

It’s very frustrating, cos I’m trying to do every scripted mission and am thus now “stuck” until I resolve this invisible-base issue. I’ve flown around the planet for days at very low altitudes (1-10km) and seen nothing, tried zooming in with the planetary view-finder – all to no effect. As with your situation for recon missions, I had no trouble locating the military satellite. It’s just the bases!

Did you ever get an answer from anyone as to how to resolve it?

Help in this regard would be much appreciated.

Which scripted mission are to referring to? Imperial? Federal? Bombing? Photo?

Did you take out the satellite first?

Details would be nice. 😀

Participant

I’m referring to “Destroy Rockforth Legal Academy” for the Empire, in particular, though I remember having tried doing a “Classified” mission for the Imperial Navy early in the game and having encountered the exact same problem as CommanderJameson above (arrived, destroyed satellite, proceeded to planet but found no military base to subsequently photograph).

In terms of details for the Rockforth quest, I’ve tried arriving early, on time and late and haven’t managed to find the Academy despite much searching, both from flying around low for days, flying in orbit looking for a graphic for the Academy or looking through the interplanetary viewfinder zoomed in. It’s not there, through no fault of my own (that is, I have explored all the quoted methods of finding a military base (be it to bomb or photo)). I don’t get attacked by any defence craft from the invisible Academy either (as I fly around the planet), as is suggested will happen frequently on your approach, but DO get a repeated message like “You will die!”, to paraphrase. Nobody ever comes to kill me, however, and no enemies are seen on the scanner map or otherwise.

I run a Dell XPS 630i, 4GB RAM, intel core 2 quad 2.67GHz, Geforce 9800GTX2 (1GB).

Please let me know if you need any more detail, I’m not too sure what else you might need to know. The due date of the Rockforth mission is 2nd Aug ’51 – as mentioned, I’ve tried being early, bang on-time and late, all to no avail.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

It could be some sort of bug between your computer and the game,remenber the game is still a w.i.p.If you can,can you upload your save game.

Participant
    PINBACK wrote:
    It could be some sort of bug between your computer and the game,remenber the game is still a w.i.p.If you can,can you upload your save game.

Yeah.. it sounds like a bug to me.. prolly no one upgraded the scripted mission bases into D3D or sumthing. I know that they were different models then the regular space stations.

I’m gonna try to play to that point and see if I can figure it out.

Participant

I get the same problem as above, missing military installations. My work-around is to save before you jump into the system, open the save up in JLFFE, jump, save and open up again in FFED3D. Your instillation will appear that way.

Participant
    mick6116 wrote:
    I get the same problem as above, missing military installations. My work-around is to save before you jump into the system, open the save up in JLFFE, jump, save and open up again in FFED3D. Your instillation will appear that way.

I wonder if anyone posted this bug over at the FFED3D forums?

Participant

Cheers for that Micki, it worked loading with GLFFE. You have to load a save preceding having jumped into the system, though. Thereafter, you can save as soon as you hyperspace in, and load back up with FFED3D and the base will remain there.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    Shingen wrote:

I wonder if anyone posted this bug over at the FFED3D forums?

There is a bug thread on the EG forum but I think it more to do with getting the game up and

running.Strange how it effects some and not others?.

Participant

New bug! I tried working around it by loading up GLFFE, to no avail.

Essentially, I’m in the throes of completing Thargoid Part II. I Land in ???? and the Thargoids tell me they’ll inspect my ship. They inspect it, then the dialogue comes up offering me their warship vs alien artifacts. It gives me two options “Yes / No” (boxed). I click Yes and get a click noise to confirm i pressed a button. The Yes / No option boxes disappear, but the dialogue giving me the options remains. I dreamwalk a day, and all that happens is the Yes / No boxes reappear. I click Yes again…dreamwalk 24hrs….yes/no boxes reappear. I did this several times. I loaded several times, fooled around with the dreamwalker…eventually, after MANY attempts, it somehow accepted my “yes”.

Is there something easy in the code that can fix this? Surely a 1995 bit of programming isn’t too hard to sort out?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.