Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects FFED3D FFED3D Complete Package

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    Participant

Trying to download the 29th June 2012 upload to this website, but it keeps cutting off before the download has finished. Any ideas?

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    'snout' wrote:

Trying to download the 29th June 2012 upload to this website, but it keeps cutting off before the download has finished. Any ideas?

There could be any number of reasons for it not working, try putting a post in the SCC Administration forum http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/forum/3-ssc-administration/ if you still not having any luck with downloading it.

Participant

First of all, I don’t have the cerebral bandwidth to express the sheer volume of thanks you deserve for everything you’ve done here, so a heartfelt sincere “Thank You!” will have to suffice!

Thank You!

Second, I found this site via a comment on io9 dot com (in case you ever wondered how folk find you).

Third, Thank You again! I’ve been a huge fan of the Elite series since the very fiirst time I watched the ringed planet slowly fill in on the loading screen on my friend’s Acorn Electron back in 1980-whenever-that-was, and it was in fact my trying to enable the necessary extended memory for Frontier in DOS 5.0 (I think…) that set me on the path to all things IT so you can imagine the depth of sentiment I have for Elite.

At the risk of serial repetition, thank you all so much for your generosity, time, effort and (patently obvious) love for these games. Glad that people like me get to benefit!

Participant

Just a reminder that the game is available from the download area – under FFED3D.

The index of files might look a bit intimidating, but what you need to do, to get straight in to running the latest version, is…

1. Download FFED3D_Complete.7z and extract it to a new folder (might as well call it FFED3D)
    2. Download FFED3DAJ_v1.11.zip FFED3DAJ_v1.11_CoreFiles.zip and FFED3DAJ_v1.01_ExampleSkins.zip
    3. Extract the contents of those three zips to your FFED3D folder, overwriting when asked
    4. Double-click on the FFED3DAJ file to run the game!

From there you can download other files, such as the bulletin board videos, or cockpit graphics, as desired.

Remember, this is the latest version of FFED3DAJ, until Andy releases v1.12 anyway (hint hint!)

ADMIN: Any reason I can’t post to the New FFED3D builds from Ittiz & AndyJ thread? The site keeps forgetting I’m logged in…

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

ADMIN: Any reason I canโ€™t post to the New FFED3D builds from Ittiz & AndyJ thread? The site keeps forgetting Iโ€™m logged inโ€ฆ

Try now, I did a little maintenance this weekend and maybe the cache didn’t update properly. Also make sure you flush your browser cache as well that may be holding old data and causing you some issues.

Participant

Yep, that works fine now, cheers. I think my earlier post is ok in the other thread though.

TekPeteTekPete
    Participant

Hi All,
    I’m looking at Steve’s post from March 5, 2018 at 7:55 am. Am I right in thinking that I don’t need to download FIRSTENC.zip from FrpntierAstro?

I’ve never owned or played Frontier First Encounters; I owned a version of Elite for Sinclair Spectrum then a version for PC. Later I bought Frontier Elite and got bored after some missions couldn’t be completed; ie: a ship I was supposed to destroy never arrived. I haven’t played it for several years.

I’ll probably try it out on my laptop – it’s running Windows 7 so I shouldn’t have any issues with missing DLL files. Later I’ll install it on my desktop.

Regards:
    -Pete

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I haven’t run AndyJ stuff yet, but I would agree with Steve. You shouldn’t need anything but those two packages (FFED3D and AndyJ package)

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

complete but with no mods to enable (it is as it is), so to say a FFED3D starter kit, inclusive videos my latest crap and textures in 8bit to speed up loading. it has some issues i will have to explore them, this is a quick and dirty repack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frlgkhn1h846dr9/FFED3Dgernot20180705.zip?dl=0

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant
    https://youtu.be/pVAVXgQO2J4
    GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Gernot. It is simply wonderful to see you back, weaving your magic once again. You can do a great many things but my goodness, can you build ships and starports! ๐Ÿ™‚

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

not bad as i would say.

i guess yes i will have a little spare time to work again on both projects, mostly because i bought this cute notebook for my mom, which is in fact heavy used by myself (i bought it for myself hm?).
    It’s much more fun to work on something if that something runs fine on your machine.

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

as usual it was broken this one will work fine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fqqwj55la5pj0x/FFED3Dgernot20180706.zip?dl=0

if one likes to have some of the old ships:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ng728k17cwxx3t1/MODS_ships_ffed3d.zip?dl=0

Participant

Nice to see you back, Gernot!

The above links don’t work though ๐Ÿ™

AndyJAndyJ
    Participant

“complete but with no mods to enable (it is as it is), so to say a FFED3D starter kit, inclusive videos my latest crap and textures in 8bit to speed up loading. it has some issues i will have to explore them, this is a quick and dirty repack.”

Sorry, but no don’t do this.

FFED3DAJ is my own personal project that I’ve worked on for 5 years now. I’ve put in thousands of hours bug fixing, enhancing and supporting it.
    I provide it to others as a patch to add over FFED3D. That’s it: use it or don’t use it.
    It’s really not cool for anyone to repackage my project and redistribute it.

And that also includes making “show-case” videos under the caption of FFED3DAJ which aren’t using the recommended installation and textures. That gives a false impression of my build and is unlikely to align with how I intend it to be seen.
    I’m not saying that no videos can be created which use it, just that if anyone does wants to show case their own mods/work then please ensure that it has an appropriate title to reflect that, to avoid any potential confusion.

Thanks.

(I really do miss the old download pages that let us describe what our packages are, and how they should be used)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.