Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects FFED3D FFED3D Project

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    Participant

I contacted with project leader, he promised to publish sources for open source.

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

Steve wrote:

I got fed up with things like “K[hl Station” and “Kr]r 60” so I hex-edited the exe to make them read “Kohl Station” and “Krur 60”. Not strictly correct, I know, but it looks a lot better.

Like a dog with a bone, I am…

New version of FFE D3D has all the misprints corrected, so we’re back to AC+79º3888 instead of AC+79^3888.

Similarly, we can have Krüger 60 instead of Kruger 60, Ciarán instead of Ciaran and François instead of Francois.

The star names are easy to check (just scroll around the map) but the people names are tougher, as you have to wait until they pop up on the bulletin board (yeah, I know people names are used for place names too, but it would take forever to find them). So far, I know that du Prés is ok, but I haven’t been able to check the others, though I’ve made the necessary changes in the code.

The file can be downloaded from the same place ie. here

Participant

finally something is going on

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Wonderful news! 🙂 I will upload this to the SSC.

Participant

should i post the new models here?

i do

i know the adder (as well as the courier) exists already for FFED3D, but i started the model almost two years ago, pioneer was creeping between, now it is ready to use for FFED3D.

2011-04-22_004252.jpg

2011-04-22_004030.jpg

you can get the model here: Adder_ffed3d_P66_2011-04.zip

potsmoke66 wrote:
    should i post the new models here?

i do

i know the adder (as well as the courier) exists already for FFED3D, but i started the model almost two years ago, pioneer was creeping between, now it is ready to use for FFED3D.

Excellent work, Potsmoke! That is definitely the best Adder in FFED3D! 🙂

Geraldine wrote:
    Wonderful news! 🙂 I will upload this to the SSC.

Thanks for doing that, Geraldine.

I wonder if it’s possible to put a read-me in with the zip file, just explaining what the update does. The download section of SSC is a bit dry, compared with how it used to be 😥

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Should be say enough to put a little txt file in there along with it. Just do a copy paste of your post with the info into a notepad document, should only take a few seconds to upload 😉

Participant

a thanks from “mr. Frontierastro” great, worthes more then gold!

what i liked to post here was some new old stuff.

i revisted my church for FFED3D and added a clock (a must!)

2011-04-23_201227.jpg

2011-04-23_201313.jpg

unfortunately you can’t get rid of the original clockface numbers and the windows, they’re plain text and have to be hacked out of the program.

further i ported my factory from Pioneer to FFED3D.

2011-04-23_192605.jpg

but i have actually no idea which building (no.) it should replace, choose one (perhaps the ugly orange cube bld (389)).

because Frontiermeshes runs only when it likes to, yesterday it was working today it hangs.

edit: sometimes i should better read 😉

if you wonder why all the models are standart FFE, to check my models in the game i use a minimum installation of FFED3D, loading time is much shorter.

something else, i guess anybody knows the texture for the gas giants rings is lost.

now i was checking my minimum install and using the standart textures from FFE, but they’re still not there, any ideas?

it’s not a model they used for the rings, i made proof of that, they appear the same “style” (count of rings, including the nearly unseen very thin ones) as they do in the original.

but what i didn’t tried is to replace them with a textured model (i guess that would work), because then all the rings would look the same (i will give it a try as son as frontiermeshes is running again, because i need to know all sub-models used for the rings (at least 3 or 4). but they won’t change color (but actually theyr’e allways white and they shouldn’t be, if there’s no model only the original code) and size as they do in the original.

btw, steve did you hacked it or did you rebuild the exe from source? not that i have any problems, only couriosity.

potsmoke66 wrote:
    a thanks from “mr. Frontierastro” great, worthes more then gold!

😆

potsmoke66 wrote:

further i ported my factory from Pioneer to FFED3D.

2011-04-23_192605.jpg

but i have actually no idea which building (no.) it should replace, choose one (perhaps the ugly orange cube bld (389)).

Better to stick it in folder 373 (boring triangular thing)

potsmoke66 wrote:

something else, i guess anybody knows the texture for the gas giants rings is lost.

now i was checking my minimum install and using the standart textures from FFE, but they’re still not there, any ideas?

it’s not a model they used for the rings, i made proof of that, they appear the same “style” (count of rings, including the nearly unseen very thin ones) as they do in the original.

but what i didn’t tried is to replace them with a textured model (i guess that would work), because then all the rings would look the same (i will give it a try as son as frontiermeshes is running again, because i need to know all sub-models used for the rings (at least 3 or 4). but they won’t change color (but actually theyr’e allways white and they shouldn’t be, if there’s no model only the original code) and size as they do in the original.

This is how Saturn looks in my FFED3D install

rings_d3d.jpg

and this is how it looks in my old glffe install

rings_gl.jpg

but I don’t know if they are how they’re supposed to look.

A lot of people complained about pure-white rings, but I never got that.

potsmoke66 wrote:

btw, steve did you hacked it or did you rebuild the exe from source? not that i have any problems, only couriosity.

Rebuild from source? Ha, in my dreams!

No, I hex-edited the exe. I bore in mind your warning about using some higher ascii codes, but I haven’t yet had the game crash on me, or do something it wasn’t supposed to, since I made the changes 😎

Participant

ah the font stuff, nearly a year ago, god

nice to see someone picked up some of my ideas.

should i give you some killer examples (weird graphical stuff, stars on spaceships, or some green orbital ring stuff? if i find it at all, sometimes, no all the times i had made notes of what i did, for shure. but the binders i used are exploding and for many i have no idea where to find them. i even have all of my confirmed “wormhole routes” on notes, somewhere in the vastness of space.

well, of course i’m stupid, the rings arn’t textured, i forgot!

yes, i remember on my old machine i had the rings appearing correctly.

so this must be graphic card or cpu reated i guess.

old machine:

amd @ 1.7 GHz

ATI radeon 9700 AGP (if i rember it right)

new machine

intel dual core @ 2 GHz

NVIDIA GE Force 7600GT PCIE

(it’s a leftover from my pa, i wouldn’t have bought a intel, neither a NVIDIA, but for the OpenGL Games it’s the better decision, i had a lot of troubles running pioneer on the prior system)

it’s good you posted the screenshot, that has freshened up my memory (flushed the cache, if you like).

Well, green orbital rings sound pretty cool 😀

But yeah, dig out your old notes, if you can. I’d be very interested to see the side-effects of messing with the ascii codes…

potsmoke66 wrote:

yes, i remember on my old machine i had the rings appearing correctly.

so this must be graphic card or cpu reated i guess.

old machine:

amd @ 1.7 GHz

ATI radeon 9700 AGP (if i rember it right)

new machine

intel dual core @ 2 GHz

NVIDIA GE Force 7600GT PCIE

(it’s a leftover from my pa, i wouldn’t have bought a intel, neither a NVIDIA, but for the OpenGL Games it’s the better decision, i had a lot of troubles running pioneer on the prior system)

Heh, I bought an ATI Radeon 4850 PCI-E for a similar – but opposite – reason; because it works better with FFED3D. Maybe the problems with the gas giant rings are to do with whether you have an ATI or an Nvidia installed 😕

Participant

what kind of animal could that be?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-r7zzBg2A[/youtube] 😉

Participant

while i was setting up a new FFED3D installation i stumbled over the unfinished constrictor.

so i quickly added a animation to the landing gear and fixed the wrong normals of the model.

you will have to watch the clip i made to see the LG in action 😉

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZkxkaDS0NU[/youtube]

i put the file in the download area of FFED3D

constrictor_revisited_(39).zip

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.