Home Forums Introduce Yourself to SSC Hello, I'm new here

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)



Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019


  • Author
    Posts
  • #60289
    smcameronsmcameron
    Participant

    Hello, I’m new here.

     

    For the last year or so, I have been working on a little multi-player spaceship simulator called Space Nerds In Space which I think some of you may find interesting.  If you are familiar with Artemis Bridge Simulator, the basic idea of Space Nerds In Space is similar, although that is where the similarity ends, as I’ve never actually even played Artemis.

     

    Space Nerds In Space is open source, the code is GPL’ed, written in C, the art and sounds are Creative Commons licensed.  The github repository is here https://github.com/smcameron/space-nerds-in-space

     

    The game is currently linux and MacOSX only, though a windows port should not be all that difficult (but I am not a windows programmer.)

     

    There is a sort of mini-documentary about the game that sort of unexpectedly happened to me which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWvxgZerb0

     

    That was made back in September of last year after we had just barely sort of gotten the game to a playable state, so since then, the graphics have been improved quite a lot.

     

    Some screen shots and pictures: http://imgur.com/a/uO6ez#QVREcKG

     

    I hope it is not bad form to post links to my game in my first post here…

     

    In any case I’m sure I’ll find this forum to be an interesting place.

     

    — steve

     




    Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019


    #102544
    CodyCody
    Participant

    Welcome to SSC, Steve – pretty good first post, amigo.

    #102545
    PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums Steve.

     

    No worries about posting game link here, it way we are here. :biggrin:

    If you want to start a thread about the game then this would be the forum to do it in http://spacesimcentral.com/forums/forum/free-scifi-gaming-projects/ as the project if free.

     

    Always been surprised that we have not seen more Artemis like games.

    #111154
    smcameronsmcameron
    Participant

    I disappeared from here for awhile on account of the switch to wordpress awhile back, but I’m back now.

    #111197
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

    Yeah, had to make a lot of changes actually… technology caught up to the website and was causing some issues so updated everything. There is still a few WP issues I am dealing with but its all here.

    How has been development in ‘Space Nerds In Space’ been going? from your website it looks active still, if you have to give the game a percentage of completeness what would you give it?

    #111254
    smcameronsmcameron
    Participant

    If I had to give it a percentage completion…. hmm, not sure. I’ll say 90%. So if the first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time and the remaining 10 percent will take the 2nd 90% … so another 5 years should do it, heh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.