Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects FFED3D How do I target autopilot destinations?

Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author
      Cosmopolitan
      Participant

Hi,
      I just downloaded the game FFE3D complete and everything seems to work, but… I started at Ross 154 because I started on the default planet and just died no matter where I went. Unfortunately, starting at Ross 154 I dont have a Nav computer. I jump to Sol and have tried everything, but cant seem to target a planet/.space station for the autopilot. Since I’m in the middle of nowhere i cannot pilot the ship myself because there are no reference points to follow. I’ve run out of ideas. How do I target? I’ve googled the problem, but none of the solutions make any sense/work.

Fanatical - Official PC Game Keys

Steve
      Participant

From your cockpit view, press F3 to bring up the galaxy map. Then press F6 to bring up the orbital screen for the system you’re in. Zoom in to the location you want to go to, so you can read the text label, then press T and click on that location.

There are icon equivalents for the above buttons as well.

Cosmopolitan
      Participant

Thanks for your response. I tried all that and it doesn’t work, but I discovered I could press L to switch on labels in space so I was eventually able to target a planet and fly towards it, but then I discovered the autopilot crashes into the space station when it tries to dock. Also all my buttons, I have to click just below the button on screen to activate buttons. The autopilot is flying in too low and crashing into the bottom of the door. May be my install isn’t set up correctly. I’m running in full screen, but that’s the only change to the config file. Is there something in the config that can fix the autopilot/buttons… I could try to dock manually, but if there’s a fix I’d welcome some further advice.

Steve
      Participant

Hmm, that bit about clicking just below the icons makes me think you’re running a (very) old version of FFED3D. The only version worth running is AndyJ’s (FFED3DAJ). There’s a post here which explains what you need to do. Running any other version will just drive you mad due to the bugs which have now been fixed.

Cosmopolitan
      Participant

Thanks that worked a treat. I can now travel around and trade 😀 Your commitment is inspiring.

However, when I get attacked by ships the sound crashes the game and leaves a continuous broken sound running, which forces me to reboot my PC.

Is there a fix for this?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.