Home Forums Introduce Yourself to SSC Indie Game Developer introducing himself…

• This topic has 0 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Irony

Hi there!

My name is Peter, 35, from Austria. I adored X-Wing in my youth, played it to death, created missions etc. Shortly after, I was introduced to Wing Commander, part III being the first I played. I missed IV but got it from GOG lately. I have played through Prophecy later, but for some reason barely remember it.

Long story short, space sims were awesome back then, and that’s why I decided to use my nerdy skills to bring this classic genre to the most common gaming devices there are today – smartphones and tablets.

After over two years of hard but fun work, the result is Armada – Mobile space combat.

I have seen before that there is a special forum for mobile games. I’d really like to create a thread for the game  – but what is the policy for “commercial” games on the forum? (quoted because I didn’t do it for the modest money you usually make with an indie game.) Would it be considered spam?

Thanks for reading,

Peter/Irony

auryx

Welcome to SSC Peter!

I doubt there would be a problem with having a thread about your game – there have been discussions on Paragon, for example – but if you’re not sure, you could always drop DarkOne (sscadmin) a PM just to check with him first.

Anyway, best of luck for the game, look forward to reading about it. Hopefully it’ll become bigger than Candy Crush Saga and get you $$$$ in future 😀

auryx

Irony

Wow, that was fast – thanks for the info and kind words 😎

So far, it does not look like it will become a monstrous success, but hey, gotta be patient with these things. There are a thousand apps coming out every frigging day…

Think I’ll just give it a try tomorrow. It won’t be a real commercial anyway, instead I plan to give some background info on a few of the gameplay decisions I took – maybe that will be interesting to some of the other space sim geeks out there.

sscadmin

Hi Irony

SSC is for the indie developers and gamers. We are all about the games here, so post away on anything for your game ‘Armada’ in the mobile area. If you need a forum area for your own all you have to do is ask. Helping the devs is helping the gamer as well. And yes sell a million copies so you can make more space games 😉

Irony

Thank you, much appreciated!   :girlcrazy: <- I like that smiley a lot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.