Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Issue tracker now available

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    Participant

I’m thoroughly enjoying the assumptions that the devs are not listening, not reading, etc. As I’ve already stated, the issue is here solely because I screwed up and threw a non-power-two texture into GL. The problem is understood. There is an open issue to track the problem, with a suggested fix. All its waiting for now is for someone to find time to implement it.

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

Participant

wait some fun stuff… i posted before i know but i love it

there are many kinds of :geek: and :ugeek:

ft-geek-10-20-1.jpg

btw, i still have my old comic books…. 😉

Luv it potsmoke66 😆

Participant
    robn wrote:
    I’m thoroughly enjoying the assumptions that the devs are not listening, not reading, etc. As I’ve already stated, the issue is here solely because I screwed up and threw a non-power-two texture into GL. The problem is understood. There is an open issue to track the problem, with a suggested fix. All its waiting for now is for someone to find time to implement it.

dont be to hard on em guys they are doing a good job with pioneer im playing the nightly builds and loving it. Just figured id throw some encouragement in there 😀

MarcelMarcel
    Participant

A minor quibble with alpha 10. On the Planetary info screen Discovery Base is depicted orbiting Jupiter, or possibly Callisto. It’s actually orbiting Ganymede.

Participant
    Marcel wrote:
    A minor quibble with alpha 10. On the Planetary info screen Discovery Base is depicted orbiting Jupiter, or possibly Callisto. It’s actually orbiting Ganymede.

Actually it is orbiting Jupiter, but its distance is “wrong” so it appears on top of Ganymede. Issue #116.

MarcelMarcel
    Participant

OK, thanks for the reply. Since I was ‘evicted’ from Mars High, I’ve toured the Sol system and decided on Discovery Base for my home ..um.. base of operations to work on detailing the nice_spacestation. There’s some nice photo-ops with Ganymede and Jupiter both in view… for now anyway. 😀

Participant

Is there going to be a search for planet feature implimented? its hell looking for a certain star in amongst all the mayhem on screen. or even if the mission would target the planet you were supposed to be delivering package/killing someone at?.

Regards

Participant
    doomdark64 wrote:
    Is there going to be a search for planet feature implimented? its hell looking for a certain star in amongst all the mayhem on screen. or even if the mission would target the planet you were supposed to be delivering package/killing someone at?.

I’ve been wanted the targeting button in the mission screen for a while now. You’ve motivated me to finally log it: issue #128.

I would like to do a system search but I haven’t figured out how to do it well. The problem is that except for a handful around Sol all the systems are generated on demand. To search all of them would require a prohibitive amount of time. One possibility is to limit it to “nearby” systems, but for what value of nearby? Once we start thinking about that we end up with a solution that may not work for all the cases, or comes with a complicated user interface.

Participant

Does that mean you’re thinking of implementing a “target system” button next to accepted missions? That’s a fantastic idea but what happens if your rubbish jump drive requires you to travel through a few systems to get there? Perhaps instead it could plot a course for you, linking your current system to the required destination with coloured lines, a bit like freelancer?

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

I knew you were thinking about Freelancer even before I finished reading your post Subzeroplainzero. 🙂 That feature was indeed handy in that game, but for Pioneer, maybe even a different coloured blob on the target system when you access the galactic map would do? In that, once you accept a mission the game will highlight the system for you. Then you can plot your own route.

Another thing I always wanted was a log function where, say the co-ordinates of last 10 systems you visited, could be stored and used to speed up navigation. That way if your lost (happened to me all the time in Frontier 🙄 ) you can back track.

Participant

some sort of log- mission log would be a good idea if there was anyone to do it. Put it in the to do list

Participant
    Subzeroplainzero wrote:
    Does that mean you’re thinking of implementing a “target system” button next to accepted missions? That’s a fantastic idea but what happens if your rubbish jump drive requires you to travel through a few systems to get there? Perhaps instead it could plot a course for you, linking your current system to the required destination with coloured lines, a bit like freelancer?

Actually all I was thinking is that it would switch you to the sector view and show you the system. If you were out of range it would be up to you to figure out how to get there. Of course if we ever get a better sector view with a path-finding mechanism then we’d be able to use it.

Participant
    Geraldine wrote:
    Another thing I always wanted was a log function where, say the co-ordinates of last 10 systems you visited, could be stored and used to speed up navigation. That way if your lost (happened to me all the time in Frontier 🙄 ) you can back track.

That’s a great idea. Please open a feature request.

Participant
    Geraldine wrote:
    a different coloured blob on the target system when you access the galactic map would do? In that, once you accept a mission the game will highlight the system for you. Then you can plot your own route.

That’s really cool. Do you know how it might work if you have multiple missions open?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.