Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    Participant

Wow, a whole new set of space sim forums to stalk. Greetings all. 😉

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Hey Vorlon31 🙂

Not looking good for JGE, NetDevil been really silent on this matter.

Participant

Hey vorlon, well met. Was that your JGC name as well? Mine was Veloxi.

Participant

Hi Veloxi! Long time … 🙂

Participant

Well hey Ambro, long time indeed! How the hell you been?

Participant
    BrianRubin wrote:
    Well hey Ambro, long time indeed! How the hell you been?

I have been well and unwell in varying degrees :mrgreen: but that’s life. Still plugging along in Jumpgate. I was involved in JG Evolution for a while, but that appears to be going in a different direction than the game I love, so I pulled out of that.

This looks like a most excellent place for current and former JGers to be hanging out. I have to spread the word.

Participant

Hope the well bits outweigh the unwell bits. 🙂 How many people are still playing JGC?

And yeah, I think a lot of people feel the same way you do about JGE. Damned shame. Hope they eventually prove us all wrong, but it seems unlikely.

Participant

Seeing as all the JG vets are stalking on here, I might aswell join in.

I’ve posted it on here before but ND should have stuck with the idea of updating JG rather than trying to re-create the perfect space sim again. Games like music can be timeless or very much of their time, who will be playing CoD4 in five or ten years time for example ? JG is timeless and has endured where other ‘Prettier’ games have failed and fallen by the wayside.

Don’t get me wrong JG has it’s fair share of issues and as an MMO the graphics are showing their age but the engine and the game play are still as fresh and sharp as they were 10 years ago.

JG might not be for everyone and yes it is one of those games that players drift away from but 9 times out of ten they’ll return.

Participant

Updating JG is in fact my core agenda, and some of the good, early ideas from JGE are, with a bit of luck, part of the changes I’ll be continuing to make. The problems facing JG are no different now than they were in 2006, when the JGE project was begun, and many of the intended solutions then are still relevant now. For example, last month I patched in a replacement default keymap for new JG players that is functionally very similar to what had been intended for JGE, because its design made sense.

I’d have a great deal to say were I permitted to speak freely regarding JGE. That is a topic I’m afraid I must keep publicly silent on if I wish to have any hope of continuing to improve JG. Rest assured that though my perspective on details may be different, I personally share much of the community’s disappointment, which is perhaps the strongest word I might safely use.

I’m really glad to see some old veterans from long ago here on these forums (Hi, Veloxi!), and I hope our showing on SSC continues to grow, as this is an excellent site.

Though my main focus for disseminating information must remain the official forums, I’ll be very glad to make my presence known to chat on SSC more often should I see the JG community increase its own presence here.

Participant
    BrianRubin wrote:

Was? IS. 😀

Long time no see!

Did you hear now in JG we have Civ, Merc and Military game play choices?

What you been up to since last launch?

Participant

*waves* at Veloxi =)

Participant

Wow, look at all the old faces. Makes me tempted to re-up. 🙂 Nice hearing from you, Istvan, and also nice to hear the game is still being updated. Can you answer me this: If JGE turns into vaporware, can maybe the design changes/graphics and so on be slowly implemented into JGC?

Participant
    vorlon31 wrote:
    BrianRubin wrote:

Was? IS. 😀

Long time no see!

Did you hear now in JG we have Civ, Merc and Military game play choices?

What you been up to since last launch?

Wow, I kinda wanna re-up just to try those choices. What do they entail, exactly?

Oh, I’ve been swayed back and forth by console gaming due to a shiny new PS3, but I still come back to the PC often enough to shoot lasers at other spaceships.

Participant
    BrianRubin wrote:
    Wow, I kinda wanna re-up just to try those choices. What do they entail, exactly?

Now, civ is as was outside of unreg.

Military can ONLY shoot opposing faction*MT and Merc’s without demerits, access to Mili misions, full insurance and Mili Map.

Mercs can ONLY shoot Opposing faction* MT plus ANY Merc, you choose your insurance, no access to Mili missions or assets.

*as defined by war status.

Merc = old HG +/-

Participant
    BrianRubin wrote:
    Can you answer me this: If JGE turns into vaporware, can maybe the design changes/graphics and so on be slowly implemented into JGC?

Yes. And I’m sad to say that “slowly” will probably be the operative word for now, until I can convince management that the project is worth adding some further resources. But within the limits of what I’m able to implement myself, that’s absolutely my direction, where it fits the spirit of Jumpgate.

Veloxi, are you telling us you haven’t flown since before Military was added in 2006? Surely you played back in the HG days… or did you leave even before HG was created by my predecessors? I know your active period was back in the mists of time, and I admit as I age my memory of Jumpgate’s first post-release years has gotten pretty murky – I remember beta better, since I was a pilot myself then. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.