Home Forums Classic/Retro Space Games Freelancer Mostly Harmless

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 162 total)

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

• Author
    GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

You picked well there Stormprooter, its a nice effect! Also good to see the Police are as crazy mad as ever. Now that is a hallmark of Elite! :girlcrazy:

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

Participant

You picked well there Stormprooter, its a nice effect! Also good to see the Police are as crazy mad as ever. Now that is a hallmark of Elite! :girlcrazy:

Yeah, they seem to like their new weapons, and I’ve got them on ‘easy’ mode at the moment 😀

To be fair, the whole weapons damage and shield/hull strength balancing is still yet to be done – I’m currently writing some code that will analyse all the stats and help me find a decent balance across the board. The mod has gone from 8 different weapons to about 35 including variants.

Participant

I present the Ingram ST99He4 “Furnace” Plasma Accelerator 😀 One of the new weapons for my mod.

Apologies in advance to anyone in Germany, youtube has gone and blocked access because of the music I added to the video – sorry, it tends to be a lottery when doing this. Alternate video here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-mostly-harmless/videos/ingram-st99he4-furnace-plasma-accelerator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-UlPsnhp-c

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Hot stuff! :girlcrazy:

Participant

Dotting the ‘i’s and crossing the ‘t’s.

I have found a way to make the bounty system from the original Elite game work in Freelancer: Mostly Harmless. When you destroy any outlaw ship (including Thargoids) they will drop an Outlaw Ship Ident Chip which you can tractor in and sell at any commodity trader. The Ident chips take up no cargo space, so you can collect as many as you like.

There is one more (just one more, honest!) feature I want to add before doing a release. This being when you destroy another ship, there is a chance you will get to tractor in some of their weapons. This mechanic will allow players who are bold enough to get hold of Thargoid weapons – The Thargoid Laser, Thargoid Turret and Thargoid ECM System. Thargoid weapons deliver x1.5 damage compared to their military laser equivalents, but at almost zero power usage (so kind of the equivalent of Nomad weapons in vanilla Freelancer). The Thargoid ECM System gives 99% reliability in outfoxing homing missiles and torpedoes, and makes a rather ‘spooky’ effect when used.

Participant

This video shows some of the new features.

New Engine Effects – Different classes of ship have their own engine effects

New ship explosion effects – Different classes of ship have their own explosions

Lance & Ferman LF8742PbW “Nailer” Rail Gun

Tyley-Feynman RC071 “BFG” Cannon

Lance & Ferman LF0181 “Sniffer” Homing Missile

Pirate Ident Chips – redeemable at any commodity trader (see end of video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NK9HZqnXXM

Last video for a while – I promise! 😀

Hopefully will be doing the release tomorrow – it’s ready, I just need to package everything up and make sure the mod install works properly.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

This video shows some of the new features.

Last video for a while – I promise! 😀

Boooooo! :girlsad:

Hopefully will be doing the release tomorrow – it’s ready, I just need to package everything up and make sure the mod install works properly.

Yaaay! :girlcrazy:

Participant

Mod released

http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-mostly-harmless/downloads/freelancer-mostly-harmless-03

And I couldn’t resist doing another video – soundtrack by the Bee-Gees 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pAIFq0AN6U

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Ahhh ahhh ahhh its out! :girlcrazy:

Participant

I’m going to be away from internet access until Monday morning, so I will not be able to help with any problems that may crop up until then.

Apart from any bug fixes required, I am going to take a short break as I have squeezed in about 120 hours work on this in my spare time during last 8 weeks.

But the next stage of development will commence in a few weeks time (probably start of September)

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

You totally deserve a good rest after all that work Stromprooter, well done, bloody well done! :girlcrazy:  Oh! And I let the Frontier & the CIG forums know, so hopefully downloads aplenty!

GunbladeladGunbladelad
    Participant

I’ll have the server updated later with the new version.

Participant

Bugs found, and fixed – patch/full version uploaded to moddb.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-mostly-harmless/downloads

GunbladeladGunbladelad
    Participant

Sorry about the delay in getting the server back up – for some reason each time I’ve downloaded from Moddb, FLMM has reported that it’s been corrupted.

Just about to download your latest update though.

Participant

Sorry about the delay in getting the server back up – for some reason each time I’ve downloaded from Moddb, FLMM has reported that it’s been corrupted.

Just about to download your latest update though.

Odd about the corruption. I use winrar to create a zip archive – normal compression. Then add the flmod extension (as per instrustions), and I’ve tested applying the mod via FLMM with no issues.

I seem to remember you had similar issues when I released 0.2.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.