Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Pioneer Mods New game mod: Pioneer Scout +

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 694 total)

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

• Author

Yay, that’s definitely how I’ve always wanted these things to work !

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

Participant

Been playing Frontier: Elite II for a little bit and just found out about Pioneer. I was checking out some gameplay videos and finally found one that showed some combat, but I’m disappointed to see that lasers travel at sub-light velocity (they don’t fire at the speed of light like in the original Frontier), can anyone explain the reasons for this?

Participant

@Shodan They are plasma cannons; The laser cannons were discontinued in the 29th century by the amount of casualties caused by “friendly fire.”

Participant

Interesting, thanks

Participant

**Pioneer Scout Plus G30 has been released!**

![](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15391580/Pioneer/g30-1.png “”)

More stable, and more improvements over previous versions.

To the new exploration feature of unexplored systems, mentioned above, is added:

Now, you can customize the registration of your ship.
    ![](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15391580/Pioneer/g30-2.png “”)
    ![](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15391580/Pioneer/g30-3.png “”)

This is a high honor given to you in any of the following cases:

* You have explored 50 or more unexplored systems.
    * You have a combat level of 2 or more (16 kills or more).
    * You have completed missions: successfully – failed = greater than or equal to 50

Except in any of the following cases:

* If you have a criminal record.
    * If you are not registered in the current faction.
    * If it is not docked at a space station.

A dual mark problem (SetNavtarget + SetCombatTarget) over the target ship when the beacon receiving system is used in SAR is solved, this was a problem of visual interference due to the overlap of the data provided by them.
    Now, a one click on target deactivates the marks, and then Ctrl + click on target, followed by F5 to synchronize the speed in zero and to be able to approach and maintain in the required position (<= 50Mts).

And much more, impossible to describe here.

Really worth a try, download it from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pioneersp/

Enjoy!

G R E A T !

Participant

There was a last-minute change in the number of kills needed to access the ship’s label edition. This occurred in the code, but was not modified in the published instructions.

Where it says “You have a level of 2 or more (16 kills or more),” must say “You have a level of 3 or more (32 kills or more).” Sorry

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Walterar! I’ve only just managed to log into the site. Thank you so much for the latest build of Scout Plus. I know I promised to give you a Christmas mention over on ModDB but there has not been any updates in the main Pioneer build since my last upload. I am guessing the dev team are taking a well deserved rest over the festive period, but rest assured once a new build comes out, info and links about Scout Plus will be there right alongside it. 😉
    In the meantime, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you the happiest of New Years. 🙂

Participant

Thanks Geraldine, I hope you have started well the new year. :smiley:

Thanks for this amazing mod/game that I would love to be able to keep enjoying but I stumbled with a problem with combat. The version is G30 (the latest at the time of posting)… The game works flawlessly for hours but I consistently have crashes while fighting…

…In particular when I’m looking at an enemy that’s shooting me. The game just stays there frozen with a black screen and my W7 popup asks if I want to wait or close. I don’t find any debug data of use I can upload and I have not found any problems so far in my plenty of travels around the universe but this one.

Sometimes the same enemy, after a reload, can be beaten without the crash to happen… I also have observed that I have NEVER been subject to a missile launch which has led me to think that maybe it’s related to some effect that triggers when the AI is trying to launch a missile? Just crazy guessing.

Any console command of use here? To at least provide some more usefull data than… “Hey! I’m crashing” 🙁

Participant

@oreganor Thanks for playing with Scout. 🙂

I have not been able to reproduce the fault you say, in my system. The Pioneer engine has problems with some video cards, especially Intel. Which one do you have?

That failure also occurs with auto combat?

No one has yet implemented missile firing on NPC ships; Is something that I have to do. 😉

MarcelMarcel
    Participant

Broadband enabled! I just downloaded SP30. Now I have to get my avatars to finish the deliveries in their systems and get them to uninhabited systems. For me, there’s a nice trade route between Sol and Wolf359. First I jump to Ross128, remember that place? You can never go home again.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Walterar, as promised, there is a bump for you over on [ModDB](http://www.moddb.com/games/pioneer “ModDB”). Hope you get plenty of folks to try it out! 🙂

MarcelMarcel
    Participant

I just played FFED3D for a bit. I started in the FE2 position at Ross 154. I confused the name with Ross 128. :s I never even got close to going home again!

Gernot66Gernot66
    Participant

Will post a little something in this thread.

Amazing!

I peeped into walterars scout+ modules (missions) and i’m overwhelmed.
    Plenty of good ideas here!

I can’t say if i can adapt them because of release differences but at least i can adapt some ideas.

Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 694 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.