Home Forums SSC Administration New look close to unreadable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

My visits to SSC have reduced considerably recently, due to the new colour scheme introduced. Basically, the background is far to light and the text of insufficient contrast to allow me to read it without getting a migraine! Add the smaller font and I’m really struggling. Anyone else had this??

sscadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Steve

That was my next priority was to work on the theme, I know its crap and I will get to work on it. I am not a theme expert and will try to find something premade if I can. But if you have ideas for color scheme, please send it my way 🙂 I am definitely not artistically inclined at all and suck with color palettes and stuff like that haha

But I definitely know its an issue and I will be working on it now that winter is slowly coming and I am in the house more. So forgive me if you login and you see different colors. I will be trying to see what I think looks nice for backgrounds (probably go darker) and what text looks nice and I will up the text size, I think you can do that in your profile, but I will check to see if I can do site wide.

-D1-

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by sscadmin.

Steve
    Participant

Ah, much better! The combination of greater contrast and slightly larger text has worked really well. Thanks!

Steve
    Participant

Actually, it’s only reading the site on my phone/tablet that has improved. On my PC it’s as unreadable as ever! 🙁

Geraldine
    Participant

Hi Steve o/ 🙂
    Yea, it is hard to read but I am sure D1 is on the case. If it were possible D1, it would be great to get the SSC back to the way it was when you first started the site. It was so easy to read back then and a joy to use. I don’t know tho if this forum setup your presently using can allow personalised forum layouts, but if it does that might be the best way to go. Personally I like (although a bit slow these days) Frontier’s forum. The black and orange is easy to read for me at least, but that also has options to change it if you want

Cody
    Participant

The ubiquitous FD orange? We hates it!

Geraldine
    Participant

White backgrounds hurt my old eyes Cody 😉

Cody
    Participant

Ditto! It’s the bane of the Oolite forum – too much whiteness
    The LT colour scheme is pretty good, as was the old SSC.

The Memory of Whiteness – there’s a good novel.

sscadmin
    Keymaster

I just need to to spend time with this template system so I can set colors. I will start playing with this on the weekends.

WP is a pain sometimes because I have to really activate the theme to test it, I didn’t want the theme to be active as I play with color schemes.Put I have have too because WP doesn’t have like a work area during template editing. So I may just post that the template is under work-in-progress and excuse the color schemes and things like that.

It might be better so I can get feedback while I edit 🙂

I here you. And sorry I can’t be working on this all the time, this single dad life is busy for me sometimes so forgive me for my slowness.

Cody
    Participant

Take your time, D1, and get it how you want it – the long, dark, winter is upon us.

Geraldine
    Participant

I agree, do take your time D1, there is no rush. We are all still here. 😉

Steve
    Participant

I flagged this up purely because SSC had gone from being a site I used to visit on a daily basis to one I really struggle with. Of course, Real Life issues take priority 🙂

sscadmin
    Keymaster

I am hoping it will get a lot better by Christmas. I have been cleaning little by little, this weekend I repaired all of the links and descriptions on all of the forum categories/forum sections. I installed a plugin that I hope will allow me to edit themes without impact to the site and I hope to dig into that this weekend.

Geraldine
    Participant

Thanks D. 🙂

Cody
    Participant

There’s a security patch out for WordPress, D1 – article here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.