Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

• Author
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

After listening to that I just might pickup NMS while its on sale this week on Steam. I did like the fact that I read that they optimized NMS to use Vulkan so my Vega 64 should work well this I hope. I don’t own VR and that feature doesn’t really interest me much anyway…. but it really sounds like they are doing the little things, and that type of detail is what keeps you playing.

Here was a nice article I came across as well:
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/08/sean-murray-tells-us-nearly-everything-to-expect-in-no-mans-sky-beyond/

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

I did like the fact that I read that they optimized NMS to use Vulkan so my Vega 64 should work well this I hope.

I think they are going to add Vulkan support, with the “Beyond” update. It’s only available as a beta Steam version . On the other hand I am very interested in the VR update. I recently bought a PS4VR on sale, and I was blown away. (I even manged to connect it to PC, for Subnautica and X-Rebirth VR!!!)

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Oh, thanks for the heads up CaptainKal. Will probably pick this up at Xmas time once I know Vulcan is fully in the game and no beta. My daughter just recently purchased a Oculus and she will bring it up next time she is here so I can give it a spin. I hope I don’t get a headache using it… I could imagine that NMS looks just great with VR and feeling more immersed into the game.

Participant

You might get dizzy while using the VR first few times, but it’s enjoyable once you get used to it.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Just bought a PS4 Pro with the intension of getting the VR headset for it later in the year, nice to know it can be used on the PC as well.

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

You might get dizzy while using the VR first few times, but it’s enjoyable once you get used to it.

Just bought a PS4 Pro with the intension of getting the VR headset for it later in the year, nice to know it can be used on the PC as well.

It’s no match for a Steam Index, but it’s a nice little extra. I used “iVRy Driver for SteamVR”, to connect it to PC.

I even flown a SU-25 in DCS World with it!!! It’s the only time, it made me a little dizzy!!!

https://youtu.be/sbdtQ99yIUo
    PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Cheers CaptainKal will check out the drivers when I get the VR goggles.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

and as usually with such a big update , lots of hotfixes, I’ve just suspended the update until it all settles down, looks like a lot of it to do with this Vulcan.

First it was open GL, now’s it Vulcan πŸ™‚

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Yeah but when they nail down all the bugs NMS will be so much better running on Vulcan. Because overall it handles CPU/GPU operations more efficiently than OpenGL and DirectX. But tip of the hat to Hello Games for putting in the effort to integrate it.

I think I will be finally picking this up at Xmas, because everything should be stable by then. But it is looking good, I hope they have more space action in the game because that is rarely shown in all of the videos I have seen most of all them concentrate on planet side functions.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Wow its impressive to see Hello Games releasing 7 patches fixing issues since the release of Beyond expansion, amazing support there (thumbs up).

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.