Home Forums Space/SciFi Combat and Simulation Game Discussion UniVoyager NovaVoyager – General Info, News, Videos & Links

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    Participant

logo.png

Hi, i’ve discovered this game a month ago and really looks great! (For MacOS, iOS, Windows & Android)

1.jpg

Cockpit View

6.jpg

External View

You can see more info in these sites:

Videos:

Developer Blog:

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Great Find Caleb will be definitely following this one :good:

Just looked at the other video on Youtube, this take off is the one I have always wanted to be able to do in one of these games since I first saw the runways in Frontier. 😎 😎

Participant

Yeah, really looks great, i’ve talked with the Developer and he is a lovely person 🙂

Hope we can see this game someday 😀

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Yeah, really looks great, i’ve talked with the Developer and he is a lovely person 🙂

Hope we can see this game someday 😀

I see by his status page that he will have an Alpha out soon on the Mac although it looks the rest of us will have to wait till next summer.

Do you know if he has any future plans for getting out of the ship?.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I’m inpressed that this engine is all homegrown and it has slipped under everyone’s nose unnoticed for this long 🙂

I hope the porting over process of the game goes well from Mac/IOS. I will try to contact the dev soon and see if he needs a forum area to discuss his game.

Participant
    PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

A very nice alternative to Elite Dangerous as long it not online.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

A very nice alternative to Elite Dangerous as long it not online.

I asked the dev that very question on Indie DB. Once I get a reply I will post their response. Looks great by the way. :girlcrazy:

EDIT: Update with the reply: “First releases of NV will not support multiplayer. I’ll add this feature later on.

NV will be distributed on iOS/Mac app stores and hopefully steam for Win/Mac. Asap I’ll have also a Greenlight page ;)”

I also provided a link back to this thread for the dev to follow, so you never know they might drop by themselves with more info.

Participant

Added the first blog post in the first message 🙂

Participant

Hi to All!

Thanks to everyone for the nice thread! 🙂

Here I am finally, happy to be part of this awesome portal! 

The reason you are hearing about Nova Voyager only recently is that I have been so busy that had no time to post any news and screenshots.

I am happy to see that there is this web space in which you are talking about the game of my dreams, where I spent a lot of nights coding and going crazy! 😉

I support whatever choice you will make regarding the creation of spaces for discussion of NV.

In fact I do not have time for now to manage a forum at novavoyager.com. You guys are helping me a lot.

If you have any question, comment, critics all are welcome 😉

Damiano

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

There you are Damiano! :girlcrazy:  Welcome to the SSC

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums Damiano.

Even at this early stage the game looks great 😎 and as I said above that landing/Take off is some thing I always wanted to do, will some of the ships be able to take off vertically as well horizontally.

couple of other questions for.

Any plans to let the player out of the cockpit or drive around on the surface of the planet.

also will their be any manual docking at the space station as in X2.

Look forward to seeing the PC version but as I understand it, it won’t be until next summer.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Damiano

See someone got you over here before I contacted you… 😉

If you want a forum area on SSC to discuss your game with the community you just have to say the word. This is just a free service SSC does for all developers to help them get their word out about their great game projects they are working on and we can never have enough of them. SSC has a download area too so if you make a public alpha/beta or demo or full game you can upload it here and we will host it no problem. Your in good company here, there is a whole station full of space game enthusiasts and developers here.

So welcome and looking forward to watching Nova Voyager turn into a released game.

-D1-

Participant

Welcome to the forums Damiano.

Even at this early stage the game looks great  😎 and as I said above that landing/Take off is some thing I always wanted to do, will some of the ships be able to take off vertically as well horizontally.

Yes, I will show it on the next video, this evening 😉

Any plans to let the player out of the cockpit or drive around on the surface of the planet.

also will their be any manual docking at the space station as in X2.

No plans for now for the player to go out of the cockpit. But will probably do it in the future.

With your spaceship you can go wherever you want already now, by driving around or flying

The docking is always fully manual also on space stations. In some you will land like in normal airports in other you have to enter inside the deck and softly land manually 🙂

Look forward to seeing the PC version but as I understand it, it won’t be until next summer.

Yes, I am receiving a lot of requests from windows users. Maybe I’ll give the priority to this.

Many are also asking why I started on Mac/iOS. The answer is that with Mac everything is easy and fast and you can deeply focus on your work, moreover I have also the opportunity to enter in the iOS market.

Focusing on mobile at the start of a project helps also to make a good base code design since you need to save resources. 😉

Participant

If you want a forum area on SSC to discuss your game with the community you just have to say the word. This is just a free service SSC does for all developers to help them get their word out about their great game projects they are working on and we can never have enough of them. SSC has a download area too so if you make a public alpha/beta or demo or full game you can upload it here and we will host it no problem. Your in good company here, there is a whole station full of space game enthusiasts and developers here.

So welcome and looking forward to watching Nova Voyager turn into a released game.

-D1-

Hi and heartfelt thanks for hosting me! 🙂

Yes, please! 😉 It would be very nice and helpful to have a forum area here.

This is also going to be the official NV forum in english so I’ll put a link on that on the novavoyager website.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.