Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Pioneer – 2D screen and docked services icons – v.01

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    Participant

Hi Jamie, do you reckon you could post those icons in individual files in a .zip file?

I’m currently tinkering with icons on the trade screen so it would be nice to have a copy of those ones.

Cheers.

Updated the pic with one with varying icons. Its now ready to have those icons whenever your ready 😉

[attachment=403:pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-11 01-38-53-18.jpg]

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

Participant

Lovely to see early stage on them in the Graphic User Interface. Nice timing with that top of page 2 post!

💡 Yes, I’ll sort the commodities this evening.

Q: What are exact pixel dimensions available to work within? If larger/wider – I can improve with more item examples.

Q: What file format would you prefer them in? .PNG? .TGA? .JPG? Please advise.

Goood luck commander! 😎

Participant

Excellent 🙂

The current usable height for the icons is the same as the ‘blastoff’ icon from the user interface, however the width can be three times that, it can be even more however I think it best to leave the icon about the same width as the name at the most.

If for any reason you want to make the icons with a bit more height, that is ok too, I’ll just need to re-space the menu some more.

PNG is the best format for these, its what the game will use. Also, please use the goods particular name for the name of the file:

EG, ‘Liquid Hydrogen.png’ , its not too important as I will probably have to correct slight errors in the names anyway as the system is a little inconsistent.

Cheers, And good luck to you too, Commander. 😀

Participant

Roger that Spacelord Dan.

Got your orders loud an’ clear.

Starting my attack run now!

Sir Jamz

Participant

This is very much a WIP but you guys should have a look and give your opinions or suggestions.

[attachment=408:pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-12 01-13-28-16.jpg]

Participant

thats looking pretty good

Participant

Thanks, here’s a little update:

[attachment=409:pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-12 03-01-03-14.jpg]

Maybe someone else would like to have a go at making a better one?

MarcelMarcel
    Participant

Those are looking really good s20dan, but I think I’ll go with the first. As for making a better one, this sounds like a job for JamieGrant. (You’ve got a real talent for this kind of stuff Jamie!)

Now if we could just get that video link up…

Participant

Well my hope was that people would see them and have a go at doing one themselves. Could probably alter them as well depending on ship type or station name or something, so either different ports have different terminals or different ships have different terminals.

Here’s a third one, basically just the second one reworked:

[attachment=410:pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-12 06-48-18-64.jpg]

[attachment=411:pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-12 06-43-28-39.jpg]

Participant

Here’s the actual files used for the interface for anyone that wants to have a try at making one.

This goes underneath:

[attachment=413:tradescreen.jpg]

This goes over the top, however its lost its alpha settings now due to converting to .jpeg so its not transparant anymore:

[attachment=412:tradescreen_shade.jpg]

Participant
    s20dan wrote:
    Well my hope was that people would see them and have a go at doing one themselves. Could probably alter them as well depending on ship type or station name or something, so either different ports have different terminals or different ships have different terminals.

Here’s a third one, basically just the second one reworked:

[attachment=1]pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-12 06-48-18-64.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]pioneer-msvc-9 2011-01-12 06-43-28-39.jpg[/attachment]

YESS!!!! Dinamic cockpits and panels depending the ship or station.

Participant

backgrounds changing to suit station type

Participant

s20dan & all crew…

Your varied backgrounds from ship to station are right and canny. Once I’m back at base and al ittle more settled I’ll be able to pull up the more completed icons and work upon a background too!

best,

Jamie

Participant
    Quote:
    Great icons Jamie. But had you noticed the icon for the Class IX Hyperdrive has ‘XI’ on it instead?

“roentgen-augen” (x-ray eyes) was?

coll stuff, i love it, couldn’t have done it better.

Participant

Did anyone else decide they would have a go at adding an interface for a ship?

Its been set so that it loads up a graphic for the terminal based on the name of the ship.

IE data/icons/terminal/Eagle Long Range Fighter.png

Just need a few more screens to test it out now 🙂

We could change it to be set by station type, see what’s best.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.