Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer !! Pioneer Question Time !! – Ask them here

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,279 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    Participant

Here a possible bug I have found in v7 : some missions in the BB have the wrong title for destination,

it often occurs when there is 2 or more missions to the same system.

for example :

1st mission (good one)

title: Need a fast ship to go to the Olack system

content: packet to deliver to the Olack system …….

2nd mission (wrong one = bug)

title : Going to Olack system ?

content : packet to deliver to the Ross 154 system …..

(and here, the real destination is Ross 154)

Greetings

and congratulations for all the good work

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

Participant

Bug, I saved up for a class 4 military drive and miitary fuel, yet it says ‘insuficient fuel (1t required)’ when I have 30t

Participant

Just found this game infinity is dragging its heels good to see a development progressing eve online blows

So got the alpha 7 realise and love it.

A quick question are there plans for a system whereby as u explore and trade u will have an impact on colony development – ie if u trade into a outlying system a lot it will upgrade, population grow it will become better defended or the system itself will upgrade and degrade dynamically * if u turn pirate * u can cause a system to become a pirate heaven production drops and so forth

And also are there plans for dynamic expansion and dying of outlying colonies u know those thousands of explored and unexplored systems where if u head out with some equipment u can setup a colony of youre own or u will be given missions to take out and setup equipment for a colony 1000 light years from earth and once the mission is complete it becomes a part of the game map. U and the AI ships then expand to incorprate make it thrive or kill it off

Or is the aim of this game more a space sim and outlying areas remain kind of only of use as high pirate levels mining and basic interaction or are there long term plans for a space sim but with influencing factors that make the world grow change based on youre acitons

Participant
    celticfang wrote:
    Bug, I saved up for a class 4 military drive and miitary fuel, yet it says ‘insuficient fuel (1t required)’ when I have 30t

Was that for alpha 7.5?

If so, try this fix:

[attachment=383:Alpha7.5 fix.7z]

Let me know if that works for you, I only tested it on 2 ships; the Panther and the Police Viper.

Participant

It was Alpha 7 and happened on any ship I can fit a class 4 in. I usually use a Sirius Interdictor ora Panther

I’ll try 7.5 with your fix now

Participant

so how close is alpha 8.0 to being let loose

Participant
    celticfang wrote:
    It was Alpha 7 and happened on any ship I can fit a class 4 in. I usually use a Sirius Interdictor ora Panther

I’ll try 7.5 with your fix now

Am I missing something? I’m using your fix and can’t find fuel for ANY ship, I buy hydrogen..no luck. I buy miitary fuel….no luck either

Love the new textures though

Participant

are u using a military drive on a civilian ship ?

Participant

Same with a civlian hyperdrive, I can’t buy fuel for both.

If I use a military drive, military fuel doesn’t work

Civilian drive, buy hydrogen, no fuel for that either

Participant

Erm interesting wonder if theres any fixes planned

Participant

It’s fixed

Re-downloaded, it works fine now

Participant

ah good now for the hyperspace to station via map feature

Participant

Glad thats working for you now CelticFang, the bug seemed to be related to ship mass (I noticed it more on the small ships with big drives) and drive power, I have reduced the drive power a fraction and it seemed to work, although in Alpha 7.5+fix all drives are a little more powerful anyway so you won’t notice the reduction.

Ollobrain, I actually considered releasing that ‘fix’ as Alpha 8 as it contains a few changes, but they are pretty minor like the addition of some realistic ores and minerals for future mining as well as a few bug-fixes. The drives were also changed somewhat, I added in a new super massive super expensive fuel-less drive for a big ship that I’m working, and have reworked the drive powers of the larger civ drives and all the military drives to conincide with the increases in mass to most of the ships.

Participant

this fuelless drive for massive ships sounds something along the lines of a warp drive sounds interesting

What will this massive ship be used for. Im guessing a battlestar or some large size suitable for docking maybe or just long range transport

Could be useful for colony placement missions or dropping of remote science labs, satelites for recon missions or pirate bases or even emergency supplies to some outlying colony type missions

Participant
    ollobrain wrote:
    ah good now for the hyperspace to station via map feature

Oh yesties. I think this must be my biggest bugbear with Pioneer right now. Not being able to use that lovely zoomable solar system map screen to set my autopilot targets. I also miss being able to see the planets and stations there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.