Home Forums General Chat Sci-Fi Movies and Television Quatermass and the Pit

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads

Expires on 11/20/2018

• Author
      PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Probably can’t be seen if you are not in the Uk but the BBC iplayer has Quatermass and the Pit, it’s the old 6 part black and white tv series first shown in 1959 and it well worth a watch if you can see it.

Expires on 11/20/2018

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I have never heard of this show until you mentioned this, looks like you can get it on DVD for like $8 on Amazon. And doing a little digging they also have like a remake of a series called ‘The Quatermass Experiment’. I believe if you have Amazon Prime you can watch both of these.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

The tv series Quatermass and the pit was remade as a film by Hammer in the mid 1960s and it was known in the US as Five Million Years to Earth. you can find the Tv series on YouTube but the quality not that good.

I had not realised that The Quatermass Experiment was also a TV series as I have only seen the film version of it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quatermass_(disambiguation) and I can remember watching the 1979 Tv series.

GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

Goodness, I remember the Planet People! 😮

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Ah the planet people, I can remember the bit in football stadium, will have to check it out and see if the series is available anywhere.

GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

Goodness yes! I remember that also, lots of white ash around…… :s

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.