Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Yeah the devs said it would be best played with a gamepad, probably because it was also being designed for console at the same time. I am not a developer so I don’t know the difficulties of implementing control schemes and supporting them and balancing them across multiple platforms. But I would have expected decent mouse/keyboard support. But I have a gamepad too because some games do play well with them and when I do finally play outlaw I will try both methods to see which one I like best.

But hopefully modding will be really supported by the devs and this game game and its content can really grow over time. And maybe if there is enough feedback that the devs might focus a patch on PC controls.

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

They posted a vid about mouse control for the game a couple of days ago, probably going to buy this on the PS4 so I’m happy with the gamepad.

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

Bought it, and from what I can tell it’s an updated version of “Privateer”. I prefer my joystick (Logitech Freedom ) to gamepad, like the old times!!!!!!

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Does it support flightstick and throttle at all CaptianKal? I am sure you had to spend a few hours mapping all the controls …

But I do see why more and more devs not supporting the flightstick any more, it is really a hardcore gamer control and the audience for it is getting smaller and smaller because of consoles and the technology behind the controllers. I will admit it has been years since I used my flightstick, I have the controller sitting right here and it gets the job done. But the flightstick does give you a lot better immersion feel that I miss in most games.

We will see what the next few months bring.

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

Does it support flightstick and throttle at all CaptianKal? I am sure you had to spend a few hours mapping all the controls …

Yes! I ‘ve seen profiles for Thrustmaster Warthog.

And no I didn’t spend any hours mapping the controls. The Logitech Freedom is my pick up and play flight stick, since it’s cordless, and supports throttle and rudder functions. For simple sims like Wing Commander or X Series or Outlaw, it is perfect.

If I need something more powerfull then I also use a Thrustmaster Cougar. But in this case, yes I might create a 200 lines script to just to play a game (Strike Fighters, Elite:Dangerous and Freespace comes to mind)!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.