Home Forums PC and Console Gaming Satellite Reign

Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author
      Pinback
      Participant

See a few of the game site are reporting this vid as a new Syndicate game  http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/20/in-dream-kickstarter-nostalgia-hype-meganews/

Guess we will find out next month.

Fanatical - Official PC Game Keys

GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

And about time too! :triniti:

Pinback
      Participant

Lets hope it more in keeping with the original games rather than the 3D one they tried.

Pinback
      Participant
      sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I think this one will succeed since Shadowrun Returns did so well on kickstarter and it is roughly the same type of game.

Pinback
      Participant

Some good tiers on there only problem for me is that they are all digital, might go in for one of the low end ones.

Pinback
      Participant

:party: Just seen that they added a boxed edition :party: will back it now.

Pinback
      Participant

The devs have posted a video of the in-game visualisation of the gameplay  :gamer:  still have 6 days to run but they are over the £300K mark now so I can’t see them not hitting their goal of £350,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUFPSMq7xEM

Pinback
      Participant

They hit their goal :biggrin:

Pinback
      Participant

Hit a few stretch targets as well before the end, good to see they got the environmental destruction goal 😎

We’re funded and then some! At the time of writing the combined Kickstarter and PayPal total was Â£474,755.50, just over £25,000 short of the fourth stretch goal, which I’m sure we will reach in the coming months via PayPal.

A huge thank you to everyone who pledged so generously and put time and effort into spreading the word and providing feedback on the forum’s email and comments. We read it all, sometimes twice!

As with every Kickstarter a percentage of pledge payments will fail to process correctly. If you’re one of the people affected by this, please contact Kickstarter directly to update your details. In Kickstarter’s own words:

If, for whatever reason, some of your backers’  cards are declined, we send them an email every 48 hours with a link to fix the issue. Backers have 7 days to fix their pledges, whether that means fixing a few numbers on the card they entered or trying a new card altogether. You can track the status of your pledges in your Backer Report. Declined pledges will show up as “errored” and any pledge that doesn’t get fixed within 7 days will become “dropped.” It’s normal for projects to have a few errored pledges.

So if you’re one of the affected please take the time to fix your details. Every cent will matter towards our stretch goals and currently the “errored” pledges could take a sizeable chunk out of our final tally. (For example, we have 45 “errored” pledges on the resistor tier alone).

We plan to continue the PayPal backing option on our site indefinitely, so for those who’ve only just discovered us or those wanting to share the link with friends, here’s the link

Pinback
      Participant

This lot have been very quiet must be about a month since the Kickstart ended and there’s not been a peep out of them?. 

Pinback
      Participant

And low and behold an update, looks like there were few people complaining about it on their website.

Greetings agents,

It has been a while since our last update, but we are all finally in our new office! Yay! We have been having conversations with lawyers and accountants over the last few weeks, as well as looking for an office for us to move into and having a little bit of a break after the Kickstarter campaign. But, we were all rested up and ready for Satellite Reign to consume us, and then all of our bodies decided it was time to revolt, and most of the team fell ill. We have managed to get the majority of us back in the office now but it resembles more of a quarantine zone with all the coughing and spluttering going on. Regardless, we push on!

quarantine--247x300.jpg

The office

After inspecting some shoe boxes and some super-fancy places, we found the location that was just right for us, but more importantly, cheap! It’s in a nice area with lots of good food around, a shower (so Mike and Mitch don’t smell after riding their bikes into work) and an amazing pub filled with lots of tasty boutique beers just around the corner. The office itself is a big open plan area with heaps of space that Mitch can use for motion capture (we will have an update on that another day), skylights to let in the outside world, and wonderful aircon to save us from the Australian heat. We are still waiting for the internet to be connected, but for the time being we have Mitch’s phone plugged into the network. We also had a time lapse camera running while we were setting up the office.

What have we been doing?

Searching for an office, talking to lawyers about company structures and copyright law, talking to accountants about all sorts of tax mumbojumbo. We have had a bunch of work started on the backend of the website that will put everyone from the Kickstarter campaign in our system. Once that’s done we will be tracking everyones pledges together and we will be able to offer the add-ons and pledge upgrades that some of you have been waiting for (Most of this should come online in a week or so). We have also started the ball rolling with Russell Zimmerman about the story for the Novella and we already have a rough outline for the story. We have also be getting a few systems started in game: we have some agents walking around and basic weapons and health systems set up so they can shoot each other (well … lines draw from the chest of your agent to the feet of the enemy but functionally it works).

working_011-1024x682.jpg

What is next?

We still have a healthy “to do” list to get through before we are all working full steam on the game, but we already have the project set up in Perforce, and are starting to get the basics in so we can started on our stress tests. Over the next few weeks, we will be doing stress tests to determine the size we can make the city in terms of memory and what can actually be rendered. We will also be looking at how many characters we can get on screen, how many polys they can be, how many bones and how many materials we can use. We will also be doing up a first pass production schedule so we can make sure we are all on track. We also get to eat the cake that was sent in by one of our backers … thanks Boon! 🙂

cake-1024x768.jpg

Will I ever hear from you again?

More updates are coming! We are all moving from “set-up studio” mode and into “make awesome game” mode over the next few weeks. We won’t be able to post as many updates as we did during the Kickstarter campaign, however we will be keeping you all up to date with our Dev Diaries and we will be on the backer forums chatting to you all.

– 5 Lives Team

Pinback
      Participant

Got a cryptic email from them the other day say they were send out emails for registering details still have not got it has anyone else backed this game?.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I didn’t back this game during the kickstarter (kinda forgot too) but it does look interesting and will probably purchase it once I get some feedback from you experience with it 🙂

I have yet to have a bad experience with kickstarters, some game schedules may get altered but all of them have delivered so far so don’t get nervous yet.

Pinback
      Participant

Had a look on their forum but can’t see any about it.

Pinback
      Participant

Looks like they are getting ready to release the Alpha demo of the game, I am only in the beta so I will have to wait a while longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kw0ruzLrYw

Pinback
      Participant

Steam keys are being sent out to backer of the game on the 11 of December according to the latest Kickstarter update. :gamer:

Pinback
      Participant

Steam Keys are out but they have used the bloody useless Humble system where you have to sign into your Steam account from the Humble site.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

So this would give you access to the alpha Pinback?

Will be interested to see how you like it.

Pinback
      Participant

Yes, I can download the non Steam version from the Humble site right now as it’s only 350 MB in size but I know from previous experience that firefox will downloads 349 MB then crash for no reason also I much prefer to use Steam for these early access games as it avoids having to re download the entire game every time they do an update.

Pinback
      Participant

Been in contact with them and they have sorted the Steam key out for me :good: just got it download and had a quick look and if you have played Syndicate you will feel right at home with this. 😎 😎 😎 😎

Pinback
      Participant

Game been getting a number updates, no idea what they are but just been playing it again and it’s now got a tutorial and a number of different missions although they all take place on the one map and it looking really good.

Pinback
      Participant

Blast it they have changed the graphic engine to some new version which means I had to re-down load the entire game again and I can’t really tell what the difference is apart from maybe the zoom has got better.

Anonymous

Op success. 😛

Pinback
      Participant

Update through Kickstarter.

We’re pleased to announce that Satellite Reign has now reached its content-complete milestone, meaning the entirety of the game is now available to play, from start to finish. From here, our focus is entirely on fixing bugs and improving performance.

So, what’s been added to this release?

Dracogenics Tower Unlocked

The Gates have been opened to the final section of the city—Dracogenics Tower. At the northern end of the CBD, Dracogenics Tower is the corporation’s world headquarters, and the office of the CEO, Steven Dengler. If you ever want to take control of Dracogenics’ Monopoly on their sought-after Res-Tech network, you’ll have to climb the tower and say ‘hi’ in person—but don’t expect a warm welcome. This encounter will be the most challenging portion of the entire game, so don’t go up unprepared!

Tag Gets a Voice

Until now, Tag has just been some text on a screen, but now she’ll deliver key mission information over voice-comms. In addition to the intro and outro sequences, Tag delivers updates on the ultimate mission objective as you progress through the city.

Opening Sequence

Rather than just dumping you into the world oblivious, we now have a suitably cyberpunk introduction sequence upon starting a new game. However, if you’re anything like our lead coder Mike, and you hate story, feel free to hit the skip button.

Leaving Early Access

Entering beta is a huge milestone, but not as big as getting the game ready for the masses, and leaving Early Access. We’re announcing today that we will be entering full release on the 28th of August 2015. We’ll have a full launch trailer ready to go out before then, but in the meantime, here’s a little teaser trailer we’ve put together.

Of course, leaving Early Access is by no means a finish-line. Satellite Reign is hugely important to our little studio, and we’ll be continuing to support the game as long as necessary post-release, while also investigating new content and features we would like to add.

Thanks very much for all of your help and support over the past 7 months we’ve been on Early Access, and a huge thanks to those of you who had enough faith to back us on Kickstarter almost 2 years ago! We’re almost there now, so keep leaving your thoughts on the forums, and sending those bugs through!

5 Lives Team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3AeCib1F8

Noticed the other day that it coming to GOG as well for anyone that want’s to avoid the Steam version.

GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

Thats great news its coming to GOG.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

This game looks a lot better than Shadowrun Returns, which this reminds me of besides Syndicate. How are you liking this Pinback have you played Shadowrun Returns? Can you even compare these games since combat is different?

Pinback
      Participant

Never played Shadowrun so I can’t say how different it is, as for Satellite it’s a worthy sequel to the Syndicates games and much better than the crap FPS sequel that came out a couple of years ago.

GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

This game looks a lot better than Shadowrun Returns, which this reminds me of besides Syndicate. How are you liking this Pinback have you played Shadowrun Returns? Can you even compare these games since combat is different?

If it helps here is a review of Shadowrun Returns. I don’t have either so cannot comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J57cejslE_4

Pinback
      Participant

Out 28 this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HsNWPTjA1s

Hope we get the boxed version sent out in the next couple of months.

Pinback
      Participant

Hay another Kickstarter come homes to roost, finally got my disk copy of the game. :biggrin: 

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I almost bought this on the steam sale in July, just didn’t do enough review watching to want to buy it. How do you like it, I noticed the price dropped kinda quickly so it may not be selling. Devs still supporting it Pinback?

GeraldineGeraldine
      Participant

D1, it’s also on sale right now on GOG.

I am holding off for now until a complete version with all the goodies come up for sale.

Pinback
      Participant

The devs are still doing updates for the game, mostly to do with the co-op side, not played it since last year so I think I will have a dip in and see whats been going on.

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

You can pickup Satellite Reign for $1 because its in the latest Humble Bundle here: https://www.humblebundle.com/down-under-bundle

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.