Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Space Nerds In Space

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    D.C.ElingtonD.C.Elington
    Participant

It does thanks. I would say that this is not really an issue since all players can always discuss the strategy out of the sim, or maybe even roleplay as a crew why not ^^
    Maybe another possibility would be to add “mini-games” at stations where the interaction is too streamlined? About comms: constantly having to evade jamming for instance?

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

smcameronsmcameron
    Participant

Just cruising around, looking at stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OexArz3oNTk
    D.C.ElingtonD.C.Elington
    Participant

Besides the planets I really like the NAV and SCIENCE stations too! 🙂
    Is it me or there’s a bit of stuttering in the external view? I didn’t notice that in your previous videos though.

smcameronsmcameron
    Participant

Maybe the stuttering is because I recorded on my desktop which doesn’t have an SSD, and also I added some stuff into the atmosphere shader lately. With OBS running, maybe it can’t quite keep up now in all cases. If OBS isn’t running it seems fine though.

D.C.ElingtonD.C.Elington
    Participant

Ah yes I’ve noticed the effect with the video capture too. Did you record with a 60 fps target? IMHO a half refresh rate is OK for a video.

smcameronsmcameron
    Participant

No, I was running the game at 30 fps. It was only recently that the game can even try to run at 60 fps (surprisingly to me, it seems to work ok at 60fps, mostly, though there are a few things that don’t behave quite right because some bits of code for various slerping times, etc. still assume 30 fps. I fixed most of them, but there are still a few around.) My desktop system just has intel integrated graphics also, probably with a better GPU it would be fine.

I have an issue for tracking things I’ve noticed at 60fps.
    https://github.com/smcameron/space-nerds-in-space/issues/207

D.C.ElingtonD.C.Elington
    Participant

I’d say that on integrated graphics the frame rate you achieve is quite good actually!
    About your 60 fps issues I read your posts but in my experience fps and sync problems are very specific and complex so I would rather refrain from venturing silly or obvious ideas! 🙂 What I can say is that I’ve caught myself ignoring the actual measured elapsed frame time information for quick and dirty per-pass recursive filters sometimes. So in my code I would search for such issues. Another one I recall is mixing the “elapsed frame simulation time” and the “elapsed frame real time”: could happen if you have a time acceleration feature.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.