Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads

Expires on 11/20/2018

• Author
      Almostpilot
      Participant

I did a search on this forum and found no results for this game. It seems to me to be a Freelancer mix with a bit of Starpoint Gemini.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/732240/SpaceBourne/

Expires on 11/20/2018

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

It’s just hit early access on Steam, I bought it the other day but have not played much of it yet, reminds me of “the Tomorrow War”

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I haven’t looked too much into this game yet, but looks pretty good. I hate sometimes how people give negative comments on a game that is alpha/early access…. its not done yet. But from the trailer on Steam it does look like it has a lot of the aspects people look for. I am interested in the building of a force and what that entails if you don’t choose a side to fight for.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

It’s a very ambitious game but it look like it only being done by a single developer and the old question come up as to weather he can achieve his goal.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

THE game has been getting plenty of patches but still seems to be bedeviled by bugs.Think I will just let this one update for a few more weeks before playing it.

Almostpilot
      Participant

I’ve played it and I have not had any big problems so far.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Let us know what you think about it Almostpilot.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Did you post something Almostpilot then delete it as it says theirs a post awaiting moderation but theirs no post.?

Almostpilot
      Participant

So far so good…really good!

sscadminsscadmin
      Administrator

I took care of it Pinback 🙂 It was an issue of the wrong tags for image posting.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator

Have spent a few hours playing it and so far, their are a few things which I have issues with, I don’t like having to keep the “W” key pressed to make the ship go forward. it also has a double control system where you have to use an auto pilot to move around the solar system, this involves clicking on a target in auto pilot mode, then clicking on a button to warp to the target.

It appear this has been done because the game is not an open world/sandbox game but more level based one and each level has to be loaded in, mabe something to do with the use of the unreal game engine. but it does give rise to a lot of clicking then waiting as an warp anmation plays then the level loads in.

Their is no leading target reticle or match target speed key in the space combat and it’s amazing that developers are still making these type of game without this feature, as I would have thought this would be pretty standard for any game with space combat.

look like some optimization is need as some of the space mission seem to run very fast while other run more slowly, but given that this is an early access game it prabably will be corrected at some point.

Having said that the game does look promising and they have posted a road map of future features https://steamcommunity.com/app/732240/discussions/0/1730963192556105962/ but as it is being done a single dev, it will remine to be seen if these addition feature appear.

Edit- their maybe a leading target reticle as I just spotted the small yellow triangle, trouble is I’m at that point in the game where you have get through the hidden jump gate using the clocking device, and I keep getting killed.

PinbackPinback
      Administrator
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.