Home Forums SSC Administration SpaceSimCentral Opinions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)

Besides monthly games you also get access to over 60 free games in their library

• Author
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Let me know what you think about SpaceSimCentral.com?

Don’t worry I take criticism very well and I want to make this a great community with everyone’s help. SSC is still being worked on and building content and I have to start pushing the site out to search engines. But overall the layout is pretty close to complete I just need to add a few more blocks and straighten some things up.

Let me know if something should be added or a certain area of the forums needs more categories or I am missing something.

Have fun at Space Sim Central and keep keep flying!

-D1-

A bunch of classics here on the cheap if you get them all in one bundle

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Nice work on getting the 100 files Darkone and thanks for the hard work you putting in to the site.one thing I would suggest,do you think it’s worth having a news thread for general stuff like release date ect as I see there a new retail release of Eve next month?.

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

The site is fine and the people here also. Just do not let it fade away.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster
    PINBACK wrote:
    Nice work on getting the 100 files Darkone and thanks for the hard work you putting in to the site.one thing I would suggest,do you think it’s worth having a news thread for general stuff like release date ect as I see there a new retail release of Eve next month?.

I thought that is what the ‘General Space Sim Chat’ area was for. Should I re-label it to something else or add a new area called Space Sim Scene News or something like that?

Feedback is more than welcomed trying to make this a site where people chat about the best game gender in the world 🙂 So anything I can do to make conversation happen the better it is for everyone else. So keep it coming..

Working on the files I want to add quite a few more I wanted to go on a Demo hunt for space sims and start to get them uploaded or least the most popular ones that is. I have plenty of HD space for the site like 200+ GB its the bandwidth which I can control if needed but so far not an issue.

CaptainKal wrote:
    The site is fine and the people here also. Just do not let it fade away.

It’s getting more people here that will be my issue. Since the site is new it will take some time for people to notice it so I just hope word of mouth helps the site out because got too many kids (5 of them) to spend money on advertising 🙂 But I plan on keeping this running as long as I possibly can. Just for the simple fact I hate trying to find a patch or some mod that I used to play a few years back and cannot locate it. I am hoping I can create a site that can be an answer to that problem and also be a nice spot to discuss all the space games out there. Until I went looking I never knew there was so many :mrgreen:

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    DarkOne wrote:

I thought that is what the ‘General Space Sim Chat’ area was for. Should I re-label it to something else or add a new area called Space Sim Scene News or something like that?

:

Ah I see now, must remember to read things properly 😀

What about a gallery? Is this possible?

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I am looking at a gallery mod for the website but need to wait until it is more stable and I also want to build more content and install the next version of the portal and phpbb3 before I add that because once I do the next version I don’t want to change the site for sometime if I can help it.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Any plans for a game review database in the future?.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Hmmm that is a good idea Pinback. I can go about this a few ways. Let me know what you think of the ways. I know I am limited on what I can do because of my php experience and there isn’t a direct mod for a reviewing system that I have found.

But here are a few ways I could implement it:

1. Install the knowledge base mode and make a section for reviews – (I would probably have to create a knowledge base group and allow permissions etc… so could be a control issue with people with edit permissions)

2. Make a reviews forum – (This is the easiest to implement)

3. Create a separate html style page and link to or embed all reviews on to that page/multiple pages. – (Not to hard to do but then users would have to submit and I would have to transfer the code)

4. Install MediaWiki (http://www.mediawiki.org) and create a review area on the wiki since I have hopes to create a wiki later to cover the history of all the space sim games this would be something I will be doing anyway. (Some complexity but want to do it anyway)

Any other ideas to implement?

Thanks for the opinions and keep them coming.

-D1-

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

I was thinking alone the lines of the underdogs or moby games sits where you have a description of the game,a box shots.credits,released date,formats it was for,any know links and as Solnicaris suggested some screen shots.

I don’t know anything about web design,but Could it be done as a standard template?.sort of fill in the blanks.them a review forum would be the way to go with it,as it would allow user to add comments/links ect.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I just setup the Wiki yesterday on my day off and now i need to figure out how to use it 🙂 But I wanted to be able to have to categories:

1) Game Reviews (self explanatory)

2) Game knowledge library (used to gather info on all space games published… what a feat that will be)

Since I have never configured or used a wiki I have a bit of a learning curve on this and will probably take me at least 1-2wks to figure out the ins/outs of the software. So if there is anyone that has experience with MediaWiki software please let me know.

-D1-

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Wiki is up and looking for feedback on it before we start the editing 🙂

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

I see you now have a few Q&A how about putting them all in one section with a link to the

game threads.Make sure you lock it as well.

Oh and how about a new film poll Alien is 30 years old this year,so best of the four Alien films 😀

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I will definitely make a post on the Alien movies probably tonight or tomorrow. I will do it all up with clips and info etc… I didn’t know it was the 30th anniversary? Were getting old Pinback, I remember watching this when it came out on Betamax format. For the youngsters out there that was before VHS 🙂

On the Q&A section that is a good idea and will definitely write that down. I was going to do a small site upgrade very shortly which will entail a bit of work so I will do it then. I will discuss this upgrade in another thread there will be a lot of things I will be adding to the site. Hopefully very soon because I am taking next week off.

Participant

A Section or Group for Books and maybe Short Stories would be nice.

Venor Vinge, Orson Scot Card, Isaac Asimov, Poul Anderson etc… All nice reads, Especially Vinge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.