Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

• Author
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Starpoint Gemini 3 looks like it might release this year 🙂

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/977720/Starpoint_Gemini_3/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KE9xF89ODU

Zagreb, Croatia, February 21, 2019. LGM Games™, creators of the Starpoint Gemini franchise, are proud to announce a brand-new title.

The new installment is an open-world space action single-player RPG that puts the player in the cockpit of Captain Jonathan Bold, a space adventurer travelling the vast universe of Starpoint Gemini 3®.

For the first time in the franchise, Starpoint Gemini 3® introduces 3D, animated NPCs that players can interact with, and this time the flight path leads beyond Gemini as they get to explore two new planetary systems, visiting various venues, from pubs with shady clientele to high-tech facilities and noisy, glitzy nightclubs.

Along with the action-packed space battles, Starpoint Gemini 3® comes with an array of novel possibilities. With the help of ADAH, a digital consciousness that runs the ship’s computer, players can operate the ship’s drone and accomplish tasks they wouldn’t otherwise be able to do.

The immersive gameplay and the absorbing story of Starpoint Gemini 3® takes the players on an unforgettable adventure.

Starpoint Gemini 3 key features

– Adrenaline-packed dogfighting combat
    – Brand new tri-system universe layout
    – Immersive gameplay and an absorbing storyline with a copious quantity of encounter quests, characters and activities
    – Detailed visitable interiors
    – New out-of-ship drone control and exploration of space structures
    – Rich, versatile free-roam content
    – Modular ship upgrading system

A lot of scifi games are for sale on Humble Bundle, deals end on 8/19/2019

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

With this announcement, you can now pickup SPG Warlords on the cheap, 80% off until 2/25:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/419480/Starpoint_Gemini_Warlords/

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

First impressions is a Rebel Galaxy 2 lookalike, which is not bad thing if they can pull it off and I do get the feeling that they made decision to make the game after the backlash the Double Damage has received after their announcement that RG2 was going to be an Epic exclusive.

My hope is that the story is not the usual “chosen one” saves the galaxy so beloved of this genre and they use a more shady story or character.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

My thoughts exactly, rebel galaxy 2 gonna regret that move I think. But even if SG3 does follow the RG2 model that model works and most people love a engaging single player story with content.

SP2 is good, but it never really provided the attachment or engagement with the world so you care about the story or characters…. doing this I think is a good move for them.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

I enjoyed the first two games but I have never played warlords and I gather from the Steam forum that this game is a squeal to the first two games and will take place in the same setting as the second game but with added sectors to explore.

Good news is they are going for fighter craft only so no cap ship flying and thankfully they are not going for the usual chosen one story.

D.C.ElingtonD.C.Elington
    Participant

Good news is they are going for fighter craft only so no cap ship flying

+1: IMHO the capital ships in Warlords were bizarrely dogfighting at close quarters anyway, so back to basics may be good. On the other hand I really liked the broadside firing in Rebel Galaxy so let’s hope that the very same move won’t feel like a loss in that case.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Aye I enjoyed that broadside firing in Rebel Galaxy as well and I found that the joypad controls worked well.

Got an answer back from one of the devs on Steam, looks like you will only have one main ship in the game, although it will have upgrades that will change the ships function and appearance.

Bad memories of Dark Star 1 and X Rebirth come flooding back, guess we will have to wait to see some video, too see what they are thinking about.

Participant

Hey guys,

I have introduced myself to the community (just created my account). I’m Igor from LGM Games. If you have questions about the game, I’d be happy to answer 🙂

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Got a couple of question about the game, although it more clarifying some of the answer I have seen on the Steam forum.

First off is the game set in the same universe as the second game with additional sectors to explore.

Is the game a space trading combat game ie Elite or it more of a space combat game like Wing commander or dose it lie some where in the middle of those two.

And just a quick question about the combat Will their be a leading target reticule and a match enemy speed key.

Participant

Hi Pinback, thanks for your question.

1. Yes, the game is set in the same universe. Around 50 years later after events that happened in Starpoint Gemini Warlords.

2. SPG3 is something in between. We have a trading system, so the player can scavenge, mine asteroid fields and sell those goods on stations or planets. We’ll also have a crafting system (more about that later), and you’ll be able to trade crafted items, too.

3. Yes, there’ll be a leading target reticule. Regarding “matching enemy speed” key, can’t talk about that yet. Hopefully, yes.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Igor, welcome to SSC and I remember Dorian and Daniel from the early days of SPG.

I have one question for now on immersion, like with any game you want the player to care about the NPC’s and the Story you are presenting. I will use BioWare as a example…. with Mass Effect series they really did a good job about you caring about your team and making hopefully the right choices around your team/crew.

Will SPG3 dive more into this aspect and allow players to get attached to their crew? If so, what things have you been kicking around in development that might accomplish this goal?

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Will be nice to see that next trailer from LGM has. But with them focusing on SP elements and story I think will pay off. I want to care about timeline and story and what my actions and non-actions to have an impact on the timeline.

I absolutely loved Mass Effects way they built stories/quests around your crew, you cared for them and didn’t want them dying…. So implementing anything like that to the game would only be a plus.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Like to see some more video of the game.

LGM_GamesLGM_Games
    Participant

Hi guys! Our protagonist, captain Jonathan Bold, is not your everyday “hero”. Let’s just say he’s got a bit of an “attitude”. Can’t say much now, but more will be shown in our upcoming gameplay video and dev diaries.

We will keep you up to date with the news about the game. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.