Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

I don’t hate you D1. I agree it’s time for Win 7 to end it’s days. Yes, I am still on Win 7 but I am jumping over to Linux because I think it’s simply a better more efficient OS for me than Win 10.

I could install Win 10 then spend time fixing it, like I did before, but why bother? Bit by bit I am getting better at getting Windows apps to run under Linux. I also think Linux is the future, even Microsoft themselves have created a Linux kernal of their own. So it seems they agree also. 😉

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I like Linux as well I just haven’t been brave enough to make the switch because I thought the majority of my steam library wouldn’t work in Linux or in a windows emulation in Linux. So I just stick with windows until someone can tell me that either native support is more widely being done or emulation is pretty good and most if not all games can run.

I do hope more developers support Linux in the long run because at some point I would like to switch myself. So maybe LGM might surprise you Geraldine with some instructions to get it running on Linux 🙂

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

That would be great if they did D1, guess I will wait and see.
    As for the switching to Linux, I too had the same fears but a friend of mine was throwing out an old Idea pad that had Win 10 installed on it. It only has integrated Intel graphics and a little Atom CPU. It was pretty much useless running Win 10 with the processor and it’s 2 gigs of ram maxing out all the time. It’s just a modest wee machine, but installing Linux on it changed all that. It became useful again. I’ve even installed some games on it, do my work on it. Basically I’ve used it as a means to learn Linux until I switch over my main PC in the new year.
    So my advice to you is, if you have an old laptop laying around you don’t use anymore, try a Linux distro on it. Linux Mint XFCE is a good place to start as it isn’t resource hungry but there are plenty of others out there. What you got to lose?

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Had a play around in the freeroam and have found that only assassination missions are o offer at the moment. and although they say that they are rated as easy, I found then impossible to complete. As you just swamped by enemy ships, I hope the tone down the AI in the next patch.

Just checked Steam and they put out a fix which address that issues https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=977720 going off to try it now.
    Also I read that they hope to out of early access in 6-12 months

Just a quick edit to this post I have found that their are a number of different missions types on offer from the barman but not sure if they are random or sequential.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

I guess it will take time to balance the AI or maybe the player’s weapons and/or shield strengths?

I have another question for LGM, will the GOG version get regular updates? I ask because generally GOG releases tend to lag sometimes behind builds on Steam.

Still having a blast in SPG Origins! 😀

LGM_GamesLGM_Games
    Participant

Hey there! Sorry for being a bit inactive here. I wanted to reply to some of your comments. 🙂

Thanks for the feedback, Pinback! We saw it on Steam as well and your suggestions will be very useful when updating this game further. 🙂

We are hoping for the Windows 7 fix this week. We have guys working on it as we speak!

The AI and items will be balanced with upcoming patches. With the state of the game right now, it’s easier to push frequent updates and patches so there’s plenty to look forward to!

If you haven’t already, take a look at our roadmap to know what is coming to the game in the upcoming months: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/781860008169797765/FC66B749CD36EE6E0A7F0B3374EC01A0A070F28B/

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

That’s very useful, thank you.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

New update to the game came out yesterday https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=977720

Anyone know if they have the cockpit view enabled yet, seen some one mention it on the Steam forum but I don’t know how to change views.

Edit found it, press the tab key to change between cockpit and 3rd person views. For some reason they have called it “camera mode”?.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Purchased SPG3 this morning, not sure when I will get too it to be honest 🙂 I usually don’t play early access games but I will definitely be following the development closely and I also needed to sit down and replay SPG1 +SPG2 all the way to the end again before I play SPG3.

Great job on all the feedback and updates on Steam its truly appreciated 🙂

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Another update and good news for window 7 users as they say the game is now working with it https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=977720
    Have you got it running yet Geraldine.

Looks like they are going to be dropping some more content and the leading target reticle has been fixed, nice one.

Has anybody used the Armageddon missile as its well named, it will waste 3 low level ships with just one missile.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Spent a few hours in the freeroam mode of the game and I tend to find the constant switching between the game’s menu to be breaking the game’s immersion. would have been much better to have use the function keys to get to the inventory, journal, skills and star chart. or if not possible did you consider using a radial menu brought up by the space bar.

On the star chart can we have the nav buoy routes colour coded, then in game the buoys could flash the colour of the route, at the moment if you have 3 or 4 of them around a structure it is hard to tell which one go where, without constant switching back to the map.

Can we have a change missile noise. to tell you when the missile has changed.

In the inventory sub screens it not very clear what guns can be fitted to which hard points or what equipment is fitted, maybe some sort of interactive ship schematic could be added their.

Great job on getting these patch out guys and looking forward to seeing some more content for the game.

I will repost this on Steam.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Still not had a chance to install it yet Pinback, working all weekend, but will try Sunday evening if I can find the time.

Good points there too you made. Hopefully that feedback will help LGM. I recall reading that they were always updating SPG2 when that first came out. This is exactly what folks like to see; the devs being responsive to feedback. I would think that with SPG3, they will be the same and I further hope it pays off for them. Hard working devs deserve our support!

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Look like we may see some hot keys for the map etc in the next update, even if it does not make it in the next update, they are thinking about it. I know the tabbing back and forth between the game and menu is getting old for me, but you have to expect that early access games.

Sofar the worst part of the game is ADAH first person bits and again they say they are having a rethink about these bits after having received a number of suggestions.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Been a bit chatter about HOTAS on the Steam forum, so I thought I would dig out my Saitek X52 and see if it still worked, while we wait for the next update. Amazingly it still does although the rubber grip have gone sticky.

The game supports this and few other types of sticks I found it a bit floaty and as yet the key binding not working right, although it maybe fixed in the next update.

One thing I find annoying is that you have a variable throttle with the flight stick but you are stuck with holding down the “w” key with the keyboard/mouse controls. hope they change this soon.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

It shouldn’t be that difficult to make W and S keys into a throttle, having to constantly press a throttle takes away from other functions you have to do during combat.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.