Home Forums Deep Space Salvage Yard The Precursors The Precursors

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 210 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    Participant

Yeah, it could use a lot of work, but the game overall is unique in that no other game offers so much in one. Maybe that is why certain parts are lacking. I have learned in game development that it is usually better not to mix too many genres together because it becomes a maintenance nightmare, but with the development engines and tools available to us today, as well as more powerful hardware, mixing multiple genres with a lot of features is becoming the norm. They really need to redo the English translations though. It is sometimes impossible to understand what the heck the NPC is talking about.

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

I think Precursors points the way to this genre making a come back to the mainstream of gaming just making another Elite/Wing Commander clone is not going have much of an impact on the majority of gamers. Just look at Mass Effect if it didn’t have that bolt on 3rd person shooter would it have been half as popular as it is with the console crowd.

Participant

Stuck!

I’m in the mission to pick up an Appropriate contact at Reador.As soon as I get to the Planet I get blown up within seconds.There is no green objective diamond.What am I supposed to Do? Spoilers OK. Thanks

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    thegrube wrote:
    Stuck!

I’m in the mission to pick up an Appropriate contact at Reador.As soon as I get to the Planet I get blown up within seconds.There is no green objective diamond.What am I supposed to Do? Spoilers OK. Thanks

Hello Grube

Is that the one where you are given the option to work for the Empire or the Brotherhood IIRC I think you had to goto the station first.

Participant
    PINBACK wrote:
    thegrube wrote:
    Stuck!

I’m in the mission to pick up an Appropriate contact at Readore.As soon as I get to the Planet I get blown up within seconds.There is no green objective diamond.What am I supposed to Do? Spoilers OK. Thanks

Hello Grube

Is that the one where you are given the option to work for the Empire or the Brotherhood IIRC I think you had to goto the station first.

I can land on the space station Pandora nearby but its just for upgrades no other conversation is available.The spaceport of Imperial Military Base Moroto,and the Free Merchants base on Readore are listed as Unavailable to me.I am totally confused what to do.I helped a freight transport bound for Readore but it accomplished nothing for my mission to Readore.

Nevermind I found A-Z on the space station and completed the mission,Thanks

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Looking through some older post on RPS noticed this one mentions the Russian developer/publisher GFI who seem to have had some thing to do with Deep Shadow.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01 … more-48140

Bit of a shame will wont be seeing cannon fodder3.

Participant
    PINBACK wrote:
    Looking through some older post on RPS noticed this one mentions the Russian developer/publisher GFI who seem to have had some thing to do with Deep Shadow.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/01 … more-48140

Bit of a shame will wont be seeing cannon fodder3.

GFI are the morons responsible for screwing up the precusors localization. They are why we have so many damn posts on how to fix the english version of the game. everyone at GFI should be donkey punched.

Participant

Well, at least, there are no missing strings in their translation (finished game that way, without wesp5 work), like in White Gold localization.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    niadly wrote:

GFI are the morons responsible for screwing up the precusors localization. They are why we have so many damn posts on how to fix the english version of the game. everyone at GFI should be donkey punched.

donkey punched 😆 like it.

I wonder if they have DS assets and if there is any possibility of seeing the second part of game.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Back on Goldin any know how to take a photo of the temple for archaeologist ❓

Participant
    PINBACK wrote:

You mean near the bandits lair? Just sneak there and take the photo through the hole in the desert.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    Wesp5 wrote:
    PINBACK wrote:

You mean near the bandits lair? Just sneak there and take the photo through the hole in the desert.

No it was the hall of the elders but I have managed to take the photo now, guess I was just stood in the wrong spot or did not have the camera zoomed in on it.

Any one know who ceiron is, and who is he offering to mediate with, he can found near the archaeologist. ❓

I’ve just check it again and think he be the bandit mediator as he wants 10 000 to do it. ❓

Participant
    PINBACK wrote:

I’ve just check it again and think he be the bandit mediator as he wants 10 000 to do it. ❓

No, he mediates for the civilians. As I don’t know if the Amarns and the hunters are connected to the civilian faction status, I will have him improve their relation too in the upcoming patch. After all you pay enough ;)!

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Good job that I did not have the money to pay him. 😀

Looking at the conversation log it really unclear who is acting for,and I wonder if DS intended that this mediator would act for both the citizens and bandits same as the one on Reandore and they just never got around to finishing it.

Participant
    PINBACK wrote:
    Good job that I did not have the money to pay him. 😀

Looking at the conversation log it really unclear who is acting for,and I wonder if DS intended that this mediator would act for both the citizens and bandits same as the one on Reandore and they just never got around to finishing it.

I think it’s clearly obvious that he means the civilians, he is talking about “your people” and the “Amarns” a lot. But I think that DS intended the representatives in the BBK to be mediators but never got around it. I made it so and I also added Kasterly for the civilians and Scrubby for the bandits.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.