Home Forums Deep Space Salvage Yard The Precursors The Precursors

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 210 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster
    r3dfiv3 wrote:
    Wow… can this game do the dishes? The laundry? It’s got everything I love about different facets of Sci-Fi all packed into one neat package.

A few of us have been waiting for this one. There was another game called Blackstar that I have given up on the devs never respond to email and status hasn’t been updated in months. But it had the same style of game concept. But Precursors is really looking good and this game is also seeking a publisher because it was supposedly suppose to ship in 2008 🙁

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Its very quiet on the Deep Shadow forum,I just hope they have not gone bust as it would be shame to lose one of the more promising games to come out in the last few years.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I know Pinback, even the crickets aren’t chirping in those forums. Guess in most cases it is about the money. Just hate to see such a promising game sit idle.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Just looked over their White Gold part of their forum and depressingly

it looks like Deep Shawdows have gone belly up. 😥

Participant
    Quote:

it looks like Deep Shawdows have gone belly up.

Oh, that’s sad if true. Precursors had bags of promise. I was really looking forward to it, dangit. 🙁

Still, one has to wonder if the quality of the game would have ruined the experience as it did for Boiling Point. No-one who has played that title could look at either Precursors or White Gold without a shiver of apprehension running through them. We may have just dodged a bullet…

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    Stardreamer wrote:
    Quote:

it looks like Deep Shawdows have gone belly up.

Oh, that’s sad if true. Precursors had bags of promise. I was really looking forward to it, dangit. 🙁

so was I.

If they have gone mybe some other developer will buy the assets and continue the game.

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

If the developer does happen to go belly up, if they don’t have a publisher what would stop them from releasing the code to open source? I know that is a pipe dream, I just hate seeing some great work go to waste because of $$$. I can see how it can be rough though, if you don’t have some good financial backing behind your effort you will never get the word out so people know about your game to get people to buy/play it.

Still holding out hope 🙂

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Shame this game may never see the light of day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUSVg2wYXM&feature=related[/youtube]

Looks like you could vist an underwater city. 😎

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant
    Quote:
    Shame this game may never see the light of day.

Has anyone a couple of millions, to spare? 🙁

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

Yeah I read that in the forums the other day but it isn’t official as far as I know so I guess there code be some hope 🙂 Hate to see good games die, this is when I think releasing code to the community and have them finish it. The game looks pretty complete already.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

Iam still not clear if this game is coming out in Russia only ❓

sscadminsscadmin
    Keymaster

I thought they were supposed to release it in Russia in Oct? That would at least make me feel better because then maybe the developer could provide access for us to translate the game by editing some files.

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster

That the impression I got from the website but it may just be speculation.

CaptainKalCaptainKal
    Participant

Good news. The Russian version comes out on 4th of December. No mention of the international release though. Time to learn Russian comrades. 😀 😀

Quote:
    «Russobit-m» and Deep Shadows announces that project «Precursors» is to be released in Russia on 4th of December 2009.

http://www.deep-shadows.com/en/

PinbackPinback
    Keymaster
    CaptainKal wrote:
    Time to learn Russian comrades. 😀 😀

Da comrade. 😀

Looks like there still hope for an English translation of the game. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.