Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Pioneer Mods Total mod Genesia

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

• Author
    Participant

Hi to everyone,

I would like to know if genesia run in winxp sp3?

thanks in advance

Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019

Participant

This a problem in Scout, but you are using Scout in Genesis, so I’m posting it here.

All combat missions like police scans, explorer for the bold dangers, passengers wanted etc…

that call Scout.lua  cause this red screen of death error:

Error : [string “[T] modules/scout/scout.lua”] : 265 : Lua abject with id 0x00000dbf not found in registry stack traceback:

[string “[T] modules/scout/scout.lua”] : 265 : in function <[string “[T] madules/scout.lua”] : 262

It would be nice if there is a fix for this???

Is this the script Scout.lua bug or is it a bug in Pioneer?

Participant

Hello ERH. The module Scout in Genesia, it is the first and obsolete version. There are light years apart with the latest version.

But if I have time, I’ll see if something can be improved.

Participant

Thank you for updating Genesia Scout, Pioneer is some what lacking in ships.

I found another bug:

I got a mission to scan Gliese c from Mars High, after scanning it, (that was not easy) I got a mission return to Gliese 169.1 Camp Schwarzschild, so I saved, and then killed the pirate, then I jumped, and then landed on time, but I got a fine for illegal data, so I then re-ran the mission, and got mission return at Mars High, and I got paid, so a little bug in that some where.

I am also trying to bump up the speed in a separate mod of Genesia like I did in Pioneer A31, but in Genesia I get a red screen of death, regarding ship running in Hyperspace, can’t calculate in TradeShips.lua witch I did not get in Pioneer A31?     How fast is too fast??

Participant

Found a Genesia bug this time:

The body of yt-1300 target area is too small, shields are a little circle in the center of it, this makes it difficult to fire on it.   Using Millfalc body instead.

And unguided missals lock up the game.

And all the missals need more BOOM!!!

Participant

Note that you’re playing with a museum piece. Genesia is a “snapshot” of a bygone era in the history of Pioneer. With all its virtues and all its flaws.

Participant

Vuzz updates Genesia, so I’m giving some things to put on the too do list.

I think Vuzz moded the yt-1300 to remove hans & chews pilots, but collapsed the target size too maybe a missile size, and hans & chews pilots are still on the Millenium Falcom.

Anyways switching the yt-1300 model with the millfalc I think the game needs to be reset, I tried to load the save when I was fighting a pirate yt-1300, and got a blue screen of death, however I did not have problems loading from the save in the system the yt-1300 is dead, but in another system I got attacked by a yt-1300, and blue screen of death, so I thing the games saving the models, don’t really know???  I know Frontier Elite just randomly generates pirates.

And if it’s possible it would be nice if planets looked like they do in the system info page Like an Ice planet looks like ice not like a red dust ball.

And some Voyager landing gear on Enterprise would be nice. 

Participant
    Genesia is not at all under development.

Since the release of dangerous elite, I completely gave up what I used as a stopgap until the release of what I considered to be the true and unique elite.

It is therefore completely useless to hope the next update of Genesia.

I am sorry but it was only my personal version of Pioneer, I have no more use, so it is useless to spend time on.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

You did great work with Genesia Vuzz and I am very happy it is preserved for posterity. It still to this day holds the record for the most amount of ships in any of the Pioneer versions. Even though you don’t work on it anymore Vuzz you should be proud of what you did with it and it will always have a place on my hard drive. :girlsmile:

Remember this? :girldance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVy87tdvx8w

Always be yourself Vuzz  :queen:

Participant

Ok, so no more updates to Genesia, because Dengerous Elite is out.

So lets see you can now explore a bigger galaxy( when it doesn’t crash) , get into fight with friends (nice targeting system ), trade goods, so you can get a better ship ( more then one ships, any one working on Pioneer, know about this??), and something about co-ops missions (isn’t having friends nice), and more too come…

I think I going to wait for the more too come. ( it would be nice to land on an Ice planet (that looks like an Ice planet), go to the local pub, and pull out my gun, and kill someone, and get paid for it, so I don’t maybe set up a business on a planet…

But this Frontier makers of First Encounters non-playable for O’ lets say 15 years in till JJFFE, so I think this is going to be a nice space shouter / trader, and not much more, but who knows maybe it will Live UP!

Participant

Found another Scout bug:

Red screen of death when a missile explodes too close to your ship, libs/ship.lua

In my faster mod I set the missile_object:DistanceTo( self ) to 1000, but this makes missiles not have that zoom in and explode that I would like…

MarcelMarcel
    Participant

I found a bug in Genesia. Occasionally the game will crash with the message, “Lua serializer ‘(null)’ tried to serialize an invalid ‘SpaceStation’ object”. This issue (#3852) has been fixed in Pioneer, so I made a patch for Genesia called “Genesia_tradeships_patch_mod.zip” and put it in the downloads area.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Thanks for this Marcel! 🙂
    Genesia will always have a place on my hard drive.

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

Oh rats! I’ve recently upgraded my system and I have been reinstalling everything, including Genesia, but now I can’t get it to run. 🙁 I know I am missing (read forgot) something as it worked perfectly before. I copied all the .dll files to system 32 but it didnt help. Does it need something from Microsoft? Damn my failing memory! 😮

GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

I still have this problem if anyone can help?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.