Home Forums Free SciFi Gaming Projects Pioneer Translators?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)



Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019


  • Author
    Posts
  • #83777
    Avatarmatthewfarmery
    Participant

    some editors are very bad for doing this, notepad is one such editor, if you want a good editor, try notepad+ [url=http://notepad-plus-plus.org”>http://notepad-plus-plus.org or my own favourite, Notetab <a class="postlink" href="http://www.notetab.com/]http://www.notetab.com/[/url] (there is a free edition that works nicely)

    either of those editors will work, but yes there are more, but the above are what I recommend

    edit

    forget notetab, its not a fully fledge unicode editor,

    this might be a better choice and free

    http://www.pspad.com/




    Humble Book Bundle ends on 9/11/2019


    #83778
    AvatarZerotown
    Participant

    Ah, i see.. didn’t know that. Thank you both for your replies. I’ll use notepad+ or notetab from here on!

    #83779
    Avatarmatthewfarmery
    Participant

    ive edtied my text, I suggest you use PsPad, it has native unicode support and is free, and does support many languages, as this is for translation work, then that would be a better choice

    #83780
    AvatarZerotown
    Participant

    Ah, multi-language support… that *is* handy. Thank you!

    #83781
    GeraldineGeraldine
    Participant

    I have updated my Scottish language file again and tested it on Alpha 15, seems no bad n nat ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Also updated my previous entry for this file here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2266&p=21484#p21484

    #83782
    AvatarBrianetta
    Participant

    Hey, we got a new wiki page…

    [hr][/hr]Translation.

    #83783
    AvatarBrianetta
    Participant

    That wiki page has been updated to include the new Alpha 16 translation system for Lua missions, which is an enhancement of the current one.

    As an example, translators can take a look at this:

    https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pion … vTrans.lua

    It contains both the English and Polish language for the drive servicing BBS module, which has been fully converted to use this new system.

    Many thanks to GizmoR13 for providing a very timely Polish translation. It helped more than you know!

    #83784
    AvatarZerotown
    Participant

    Wow, great work guys! Can’t wait to dig in!

    #83785
    Avatarrobn
    Participant
    Brianetta wrote:
    That wiki page has been updated to include the new Alpha 16 translation system for Lua missions, which is an enhancement of the current one.

    Actually it’ll be in alpha 15.

    Great work Brianetta ๐Ÿ™‚

    #83786
    AvatarGudadantza
    Participant

    I have a nearly finished translation to spanish in a few days. I dont know if the text format, this is, accents and the special spanish fonts (few) is compatible with pioneer. Ex: รƒโ€šร‚ยจ (dyeresys) รƒโ€šร‚ยด(tilde/accent) รƒฦ’ร‚ยฑ (special fonetic nasal n)…

    Any problem? any info? I am editing text in my basic vanilla windows notepad, is it a problem?

    greetings!

    #83787
    AvatarBrianetta
    Participant

    It’s not a problem, as long as you save your files in UTF-8 text. Microsoft’s web site says that it can do this. If you accidentally get it wrong, I’m fairly sure we’ll be able to sort it out.

    All of your non-Latin characters should be fine. There are much fewer in Spanish than there are in Romanian or Polish, and they both work OK.

    #83788
    AvatarGudadantza
    Participant
    Brianetta wrote:
    It’s not a problem, as long as you save your files in UTF-8 text. Microsoft’s web site says that it can do this. If you accidentally get it wrong, I’m fairly sure we’ll be able to sort it out.

    All of your non-Latin characters should be fine. There are much fewer in Spanish than there are in Romanian or Polish, and they both work OK.

    Ok. It appears to be easy , then.

    I wish the translation have decent quality, It is the first time I am doing something like this…:)

    Greetings.

    #83789
    AvatarGudadantza
    Participant

    I ve just sent the Spanish translation to Brianetta. So in a future perhaps a Spanish language option will be available.

    But I dont know if any spanish speaker apart of me exists in the forum… ๐Ÿ™‚

    If I have time Id like to make a Basque language translation in a future.

    The italian translation has been of great aid in some aspects and details due to simmilarities.

    #83790
    AvatarBrianetta
    Participant

    The Spanish translation has been committed and a pull has been requested. It might be too late for alpha 15; that depends on whether we treat languages specially.

    The file needed a little bit of tweaking, but this wasn’t difficult at all. We now have Spanish.

    #83791
    AvatarGudadantza
    Participant
    Brianetta wrote:
    The Spanish translation has been committed and a pull has been requested. It might be too late for alpha 15; that depends on whether we treat languages specially.

    The file needed a little bit of tweaking, but this wasn’t difficult at all. We now have Spanish.

    Will be possible editing the file directly from the github for hypothetical updates? This is, editing, fixing and adding things directly from the file page when the game grows?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.