Forum Replies Created
Thanks ThePhorse that fixed my issue. How is the game doing for you have you gotten the downloads/purchases you expected?
Thanks HK I updated the download and the info 🙂
I have always loved FL and go back to it every few months to play a new mod or do some multi-player. I think MS is doing this great community a dis-service with just kicking us aside. I mean they have web browsers and they can see that the multiplayer servers are still up and people making bigger mods every year. make another or release to open source so the modders can really revamp the game.
There are some nice projects coming so check them out…
Game is now released try out the demo here: http://starwraith3dgames.home.att.net/e … nloads.htm
It’s a tough first start. The key is to stay around that first system and mine asteriods to outfit your ship with better equipment and build you bank. Then just hire some mercenaries to give you a hand.
I would definitely check the download area and get the patches for your release because the fixed a few issues with save games and joystick and of course game issues. They really needed to make another patch and finish the mod editor but that didn’t happen 🙁
Twitter…. Maybe I show my age now. I have heard of the site but until now it was the first time I have ever been to the site. Looks like a simple question and answer style page. Nice. Can’t wait for the Alpha/Beta or the next Demo c0mas 😀
The download was removed and the download link to your site was added. Just let me know if you wanted added again (I have plenty of bandwidth so its no problem at all) and if I happen to miss updates feel free to post when a new version is released.
Welcome to the site and join the club on the space sim gaming fan. I haven’t played every game out there but I have played most of the space sims out there. Have fun and always looking for suggestions for the site and I need to recruit everyone in the mission of gathering as much info on the Space Sim scene as possible. Trying to make this a one stop shop for all your space sim needs…. but that will take some time but off to a good start.
I have emailed Spacetime Studios so we’ll see what I get back 🙂
I think I ran into an issue in demo mode not sure. I warped into Sector 2 and I couldn’t seem to get out. All I can do is mine asteriods and I cannot find a jumpgate? Am I missing something?
Welcome to SSC HedonismBot.
I am also looking forward to Infinity. I don’t see a 2009 release I would say 2010. But it looks amazing I just hope they keep it going.
Yeah I might wait until next year to upgrade my PC. I have yet to play anything that has really made my machine cry mercy yet. But prices are dropping on a lot of this good hardware and the software cannot keep up. When did you ever think that you would have a 1 terabyte drive in you PC….. and for under $100 at that. Man how times have changed.
I only see a 1.0b download i don’t see any mention of a 1.12b anywhere unless I missed it. Do they have a website for the project? Maybe I can get them to post here if I ask nicely 🙂
I was leaning towards the Saitek personally since I have owned several of there products in the past and they have always performed as expected. I also need to have the PS3 functionality as well. Thanks Xolodnik for the tips.
I found that info on Startorn but besides that there is nothing. I have tried PMing startorn on Heresy War forums but nothing yet.
But only bad thing is that they don’t provide a lot of info on the product in screenshots or movies.
Patch Notes for v1.1Quote:
– fixed bug where resolution couldn’t be changed
– fixed joystick bug where truster is truned on by default for all joysticks
– fixed bug where the game freezes (all ships stay on one place)
– fixed bug where player’s shield suddendly becomes undefined
– fixed bug with infinite motion blur
– fixed problem with missing piece of time and cloak device in Andromeda and Pyxis map
– fixed bug where an NPC always attacked the player if he was under attack by the player’s wingman, now he always attacks his attacker
– fixed menu bug where right mouse button executed wrong actions
– fixed bug where return from hiden systems caused wrong data to be loaded for normal system maps (wrong system name, prices, ships etc)
– fixed bug with inconsistency with upgrade prices (5-6 level) and now upgrade cost for every level can be edited from GlobalData.cfg
– fixed PageUp and PageUp key bug (where always mapped to single hit)
Patch Notes for v1.2Quote:
– fixed bug with text,shield and armor overlapping on wingman list
– fixed wrong text displaying locked ship’s distance (near lock rectangle)
– fixed crash when matching a speed with a building or a turret
– fixed bug where second tutorial stage was accidentally skipped
– fixed bug where materials were illegal goods on pirate stations
– fixed crash caused by mine destruction
– fixed bug with clearing the lower right corner of the mini map
– fixed some bugs with overlappig text in few localisations
– fixed bug with volumetric fog, shader 3.0, HDR and star effect where half
My wife got me the ST: Enterprise collection for Xmas and I was pretty irritated when I heard they were stopping the show. Just as the plots and everything were getting really good. Yeah I know 4 seasons isn’t that bad but it would have been nice to see it to the end. I hope this movie is good because I want some more movies or at the least a TV show again.
I have to admit the previews do show some nice action I just hope it is more than 10-15mins of good stuff. Because if ST11 doesn’t do well at the box office it might be the end 🙁
Thanks for the update on TTW. I put that article through the google translator and they didn’t have a bunch of praise for this game. It is truly a shame because I thought this game had some good points from watching the videos. I hope they put out a demo or maybe rework the off points in a patch before USA/UK release.
That sounds great actually I didn’t know that VO let players help create game content and missions. If the missions get approved to be inserted into the game do the players get any type of game rewards for helping out?
Is VO 2.0 coming out this year? I know I remember reading that they would be improving the graphics a bit and of course more content. I thought the intro missions were nice to get you familiar with the game and controls.
I placed this for a few days when they had that 30day free trial at mmorpg.com and a few things I thought were comlicated was just the interface when you were docked. I thought it was sometimes confusing to move around in it.
Combat I thought was a bit slower than like Freelancer but it was fun overall.
They plan on releasing 2.0 anytime soon?