Notifications
Clear all

Dev Blog - Latest news!

ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,  I am Shaun Williams the lead and Solo Dev of CDF Starfighter.  This Blog will be the source for any news on development of CDF Starfighter which is straight from the horses mouth.

[attachment=3327:CDawB2.jpg]

Here are some important quick links for more info about CDF Starfighter

Official Website : www.magstudios.co.uk

Twitter :  MagStudiosUK

Facebook : MAGStudios

YouTube : MagStudios/Shaun Williams BA

More info about the game can be found on our CrowdFunding Page 

ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Here is the first look at the Krahh (the aliens) who pose much more of a threat than training drones or the pirates.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice video Shaun

I think you took too much damage on that collision compared to all the hits you were giving those ships and not destroying them. Are the weapons that you were using that underpowered or were the ships tougher than the weapon levels? Or were your shield levels too low to absorb the brunt of the collision?

On the engaging, I couldn't tell from the video but do you have aids for the user that will help them reacquire a target once they leave view? I ask because the radar in the cockpit seems to show what is in front of you and not all around you.

Also is that a screenshot in the first post of a interaction on your carrier?

ReplyQuote
ShaunWilliams
(@shaunwilliams)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Nice video Shaun

I think you took too much damage on that collision compared to all the hits you were giving those ships and not destroying them. Are the weapons that you were using that underpowered or were the ships tougher than the weapon levels? Or were your shield levels too low to absorb the brunt of the collision?

On the engaging, I couldn't tell from the video but do you have aids for the user that will help them reacquire a target once they leave view? I ask because the radar in the cockpit seems to show what is in front of you and not all around you.

Also is that a screenshot in the first post of a interaction on your carrier?

Hi sorry for long reply,  being a solo dev is like being a hermit 🙂  Now and again i disembark from craft and emerge to spread good news.

Before I do, I will quickly go over your last comment.

A lot of work has been done since this video and the targeting system is now fully working.  There are 3 types of enemies, pirates, Drii and Krahh and have different speeds, weapons, and armor. You now can lock onto any target in your radar range.  

Our first NonVR version should be ready for this weekend for backers and press, dont forget to keep an eye on our news page :  http://www.cdfstarfighter.com/#!blank/cuoh

ReplyQuote