Notifications
Clear all

Another oldie eager to be named :-)

qazaq
(@qazaq)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, this is my message copied from a similar thread at "the escapist" forums, where people looking to name some old games, I add some more stuff to be as precise as possible though my memory doesn't help much

Greetings to all, back in the end of the 90's, that must have been 97-98-99-00-01, I played a demo of what was like a space sim. It was taking place a little above ground (maybe for the purposes of the demo you couldn't go far) at some city-like environment a terrain with buildings and stuff, certainly a dark place, like a post apocalyptic futuristic setting. There was a player base, actually like a flat in a high floor with garage only entrance which you could enter with your spacecraft in case you were chased by or to save, upgrade, etc.

In the game, you were a loner and I presume trying to resist against an evil corporation which was ruling the place you were living. I don't remember if factions were included that you could join but certainly you could not do that in the demo. It was a 3d like game cockpit and rear? view, really a very advanced looking game for its time, as well as I can remember..

So, the "bad guy" of the story was a big(bad and dark) corporation with spacecrafts all over the place, and some turrets on the corporation's buildings that if you caused trouble and were wanted would target at you.

I remember very vividly, and that is the most characteristic thing of that demo, that one of the few things that you could do in the game demo other than flying around and causing trouble, was when a fight was going on with others or you included, and whenever a spaceship was destroyed(remember all these are taking place some meters above ground) a black box of that ship would be thrown on ground and everyone around would fly close to the ground and struggle to get it, even fight for it.(maybe credits, upgrades)It was the only source of income in the demo to try to grab these black boxes.

I think that you could also buy and place turrets at your place, but was restricted due to demo limitations.

If by any chance any of these rings a bell, I would be very grateful, it's been so long..

I have already searched the "space sim" releases of that era with not much luck but in most of the demo you were flying in what was like a small spacecraft... so,

Game was for the pc, at that time they issued cds with 5-6 demos from the pc magazine or equivalent, and those demos were the only games I played.

Cheers and thanks for reading. any suggestion will be very welcome.

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

There was a player base, actually like a flat in a high floor with garage only entrance which you could enter with your spacecraft in case you were chased by or to save, upgrade, etc.

That suspiciously sounds like Hardwar.

Reminds me I never get past the chapter 1 ever since first time I played it.

ReplyQuote
qazaq
(@qazaq)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

How can I forget a trailer like that 0:00 - 1:50, yes it's the trailer that confirms it!!!! my vague memory remembers things a bit different in game, maybe mixed scenes from three dozens other games...

Thank you sooo much brother!!!!!

been looking for this game for all those years, yes '98 that's correct, I've been given this demo by my best friend who is no longer with us, we were just met that year (98) in a new school..

This game means so much, brings back even more, thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!

always in your debt,

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Welcome to the SSC qazaq. If you liked the demo, your gonna love this.

ReplyQuote
qazaq
(@qazaq)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you Geraldine!! It doesn't get better, I think I 'm ready for a time travel now!

thanks for everything

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered

http://www.hardwar.info :)))))

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Awesome game should have a sequel made to it.

ReplyQuote