Notifications
Clear all

Hardwar on sale

JamesCoote
(@jamescoote)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Someone linked me to this site: http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/1498/hardwar where hardwar is on sale this weekend. Though I couldn't help but notice it is available in the download area of this site for free?

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Looks like they are setting themselves up in competition with GOG. I wondered how long GOG would have, being the main DRM free distributor. I also noticed they have a few games that are missing from GOG. Things could get interesting if a price war breaks out between the two 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I have seen that Gremlin have returned from the dead and are now making games on the Iso devices.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

JamesCoote wrote:
Someone linked me to this site: http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/1498/hardwar where hardwar is on sale this weekend. Though I couldn't help but notice it is available in the download area of this site for free?

If I wasn't mistaken Hardwar is now considered abandonware, all companies involved with this are now defunct to my knowledge. I know the game is hosted on another site that some of the original developers frequent and it is still hosted there so it must be ok for now. But if someone sends me anything saying I cannot host it I will pull it down.

ReplyQuote
ggjono
(@ggjono)
Crewman Registered

thank you thank you thank you thank you! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR AGES!

ReplyQuote
Pilot
(@pilot)
Crewman Registered

If I wasn't mistaken Hardwar is now considered abandonware, all companies involved with this are now defunct to my knowledge. I know the game is hosted on another site that some of the original developers frequent and it is still hosted there so it must be ok for now. But if someone sends me anything saying I cannot host it I will pull it down.

You are not, I would argue that it is abandonware. One of the lead programmers released a patch that patches the demo version into Hardwar UIM 0.6 (Released 2005). It is no differnt than playing a version minimal install version. (Back when game videos, and often music would not fit on the hardrive and need to run from disc.)

You can find the patch by searching,

zedo hardwar

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I see that HardWar has shown up on Steam Hardwar on Steam (steampowered.com) and it seems to be the fully patched version with FMV as well.

Now all they need is Terminus and they will have two of the best space games of the late 90s.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I never thought I would have seen this for sale again.... maybe I should remove all the files we have for Hardwar from the downloads section...?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Probably best to remove it although leave the patches an case anyone has a CD copy of the game and wants to upgrade it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I pulled out the actual discs and left the rest

ReplyQuote