Notifications
Clear all

Oolite's new website

JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

At last the main Oolite website has had a redesign!

See http://www.oolite.org/

It features a cool starmap navigation system, new galleries and links to YouTube videos.

Oolite continues to be developed. Current test version is at 1.73.4, and 1.74 is coming along nicely.

Lots of OXPs are still being released, including the Deepspace Ships set, new Behemoths and Bulk Haulers (including FE2/FFE ships such as the Long Range Cruiser), and utilities like the Random Docking Music OXP which gives Windows & Linux users similar functionality that Mac users have enjoyed for a while. Griff has been busy producing more of his superb Normalmapped ships, see the wiki page for a new gallery (which I made!): Griff Industries page on the Elite Wiki.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Looks GREAT man ! But did freeze my browser for like 30 seconds before it loaded

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
SolCommand wrote:
Looks GREAT man ! But did freeze my browser for like 30 seconds before it loaded

That was probably due to the amount of visitors its getting at the moment!! 😆

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered

Very Nice

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Wonderful site JazHaz, you Oolite folks are a credit to the Elite community, Long Live Oolite! 🙂 I would be interested to know what you Ooliters think of Pioneer? It's early days, but if it can get some backing from the Elite community, we will then have 3 great Elite community based re-makes! That thought makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and helps a lot with the big wait for E4 🙄

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
I would be interested to know what you Ooliters think of Pioneer? It's early days, but if it can get some backing from the Elite community, we will then have 3 great Elite community based re-makes! That thought makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and helps a lot with the big wait for E4 🙄

Yeah have tried it. Needs a lot more work to get it to be playable, but its a good start.

We actually have been discussing it on the Oolite forum. See from here (previous comments were off topic): http://www.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.ph ... 352#104352

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
we will then have 3 great Elite community based re-makes!

Hmmm! What's the third one you refer to? Oolite, Pioneer, and ?what? ❓

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

JazHaz wrote:
Geraldine wrote:

😆 😆 Your having a laugh JazHaz 😆 😆 Anyways, good to see Pioneer mentioned on the Oolite forum and there was me thinking "Newtonian" was a dirty word there too! 😆

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Geraldine wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
Geraldine wrote:

😆 😆 Your having a laugh JazHaz 😆 😆 Anyways, good to see Pioneer mentioned on the Oolite forum and there was me thinking "Newtonian" was a dirty word there too! 😆

No I'm not! 🙂 Thought it might be E:TNK, but that is not active or community based...?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice work on the website. I like that constellation menu system 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice redesign,like to see more pics for the different oxp.

ReplyQuote