Notifications
Clear all

Also get access to over 60 free games in their trove of games, get 20 percent off all purchases and you can stop the subscription at anytime and keep all the games

Parkan The imperial Chronicles

Page 4 / 5

JAM
 JAM
(@jam)
Crewman Registered

PINBACK wrote:
Sorry for the late reply Jam, missed your post.That would be great if you could upload these files

Actaully, I was able to run english version (NOT fixed one) under WinXP using Deamon Tools to mount CD without problems. Well, almost. Try to do what I did. If it will not works, I'll upload these files.

fadrad wrote:
1. Mount the English .iso and copy all the files to a folder of your choice.2. Mount the german .ccd image.3. Create a textfile in the folder you copied the english files to.4. Write the path to the german CD-image in the textfile (in my case I wrote 'G:' [without the quotation marks, of course]).5. Rename said textfile to 'Cd_rom.cfg'6. Set Compatibility of Parkan.exe to Win95 and run it.

I really don't know what's wrong with your english version. It works for me. I did the same you've listed except number 2.
So, it's only cd_rom.cfg required to run the game.

But this version is a little buggy:
1. Wrong track is playing for 2 seconds when looping the music.
2. Objects in radar sphere are sometimes jumping in place with no reasons.
3. File Starsec1.dbn is not translated. It's requred to complete the game. You can finish it, but you'll see the russian text in last space battle

One more thing:
3D mode will work very fast and you'll walk very slow. It needs a little fix. Open file "CTRL_E.set" in your Parkan folder and scroll to the very end. Last 4 lines (under [Options] line) need to be tweaked.
You'll see the string and "0 0" or "1 1" after it.
Set digits in first 2 lines to 1.
Set digits in last line to 0 (to disable acceleration).
Third line is optional set digits to 1 if you need mouse invert.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Topic starter  

I have a go JAM and see if it will work.

Speaking about Parkan 2 I have the  English disk version of the game but it crashes on the first or second mission, I tried using the German patch but all it did was install Starforce on the computer and stopped the game from working.

IIRC some one mentioned about not using the quick save as a why to get around the bug?.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

when parkanfan went offline

Did you mean parkanclub actually?

fadrad, PINBACK, i think all Parkan II talks should be in a separate topic somewhere like  http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/forum/6-standalone-spacescifi-combat-and-simulation-games/ just to help other readers to find information they want while not to be confused.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

IIRC some one mentioned about not using the quick save as a why to get around the bug?.

Yes. But there is a newer version, 1.3 Ithink from GG. (The disk version is 1.2)

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)
Warrant Officer Registered

Pinback,

my version is the English 1.3.0B and it plays fine. I have added a MOD to free the limit of having 12 colonies.

However, in the few forums where I was able to track information about the game, it was told that previous versions had some serious trouble in gameplay. Try to get your hands on this patch!

[ EDITED !! ]

I was now able to get important stuff for the game and put together a description, the Parkan 2 FAQ comming from the archieved Website, some tips and a MOD package where it's possible to edit the game scripts. In order not to mix things, I will post a Parkan 2 thread (if not already there).

It's here...

http://spacesimcentral.com/forum/topic/3196-parkan-2/

Cheers,

XenonS

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

See you are getting carried away with the quotes again CaptainKal. πŸ˜†

No joy with Parkan 1.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

See you are getting carried away with the quotes again CaptainKal.  πŸ˜†

I thought it was a nice touch!!!!!!   πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

I've just found this one πŸ™‚ ...

http://www.old-games.com/download/5462/parkan-iron-strategy

Parkan: Iron Strategy is the 2nd one in Nikita's trilogy (2001).

Patches and mods are here:

http://parkanfans.narod.ru/is/files.htm

XenonS

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

ReplyQuote
JAM
 JAM
(@jam)
Crewman Registered

As I said, there are problems in english version. I've fixed 2 of 3.

Check download section.

And these are few challenges from me if you think that this game is too easy:

1. No auto-repair mode. Finish the game without collecting Repair Unit.

2. No drones mode. Complete the game without using drones.

3. Blind mode. Finish the game without collecting Super Radar.

4. No gun upgrade mode. Teleport to Argus system with Mass Gun.

5. Close combat mode. Complete the game without using missiles RM1004 and RM1606.

6. Friendship mode. Make friendship with Astrons and meet Hegemount. Destroy the station but keep Hegemount alive.

7. Genocide mode. Eliminate Astrons: destroy every pirate ship, capture every hidden pirate base, completely capture RED sector.

Challenges can be mixed.

ReplyQuote
XenonS
(@xenons)

Well, it would be very hard to finish the game like this!

Here also some funny things you may try:

a)

No consecutive double-landings on planets (which is almost cheating to not combat against pirates or easiliy getting objects)

B)

Landing on a planet with neutral or friendly forces, you roll a dice. The number tells you how many objects you must pick up starting from the Airpad Landing section (thus very far from your Parkan!); You may use the computer terminal before that. Oh, and if you cannot pick-up anymore objects, you will have to disable a robot and pick-up his corpse...

All this should give more randomness in the clan's relatiionship.

Happy Christmas :santablack:

XenonS

ReplyQuote
JAM
 JAM
(@jam)
Crewman Registered

Happy ν Year!
Check the download section. The official manual in english is posted. It was extended by me a little. Numbers were fixed to show actual data, pictures were resized etc.

ReplyQuote
fadrad
(@fadrad)
Petty Officer Registered

Actaully, I was able to run english version (NOT fixed one) under WinXP using Deamon Tools to mount CD without problems. Well, almost. Try to do what I did. If it will not works, I'll upload these files.

I really don't know what's wrong with your english version. It works for me. I did the same you've listed except number 2.

So, it's only cd_rom.cfg required to run the game.

I couldn't get Parkan to detect the mounted iso, but when I converted the file to ccd it worked. This is why I initially recommended to use the german image (not recommended anymore), since that one was already in ccd format and I suspected it to require subchannel data present but had no idea that any subchannel data would suffice.

It might well be possible that Daemon Tools provides a subchannel dummy or something like that, which might explain why you got the iso to work.

In any case though: Many thanks for your awesome New Year's gifts!

ReplyQuote
TxOrbiter
(@txorbiter)
Crewman Registered

Hi there!

I'm looking for tools to archive game music in .LIB format.

Has anyone this needful tool?

I've already tried 'parkanlib.exe' from one site of fans, but it seems to have no effects on Windows 7.

Could anyone help me?

ReplyQuote
Soda
 Soda
(@soda)
Crewman Registered

Hello

I have parkan game CZ version and I got problem with installation on my win 7. I downloaded even EN version to be sure there isn't fault in mine. I found this forum topic and I used that procedure with prakan_win7.reg

Unfortunately I get this message:

The specified file is not a registry script.You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

I really don't know much about registry editing, I made such thing maybe three-times, so I don't know what to do.

Parkan was my most favorite game, when i was kid and I really want play it once more, so please, can someone help me?

ReplyQuote
Doomich
(@doomich)
Crewman Registered

Hello

I have parkan game CZ version and I got problem with installation on my win 7. I downloaded even EN version to be sure there isn't fault in mine. I found this forum topic and I used that procedure with prakan_win7.reg

Unfortunately I get this message:

The specified file is not a registry script.You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

I really don't know much about registry editing, I made such thing maybe three-times, so I don't know what to do.

Parkan was my most favorite game, when i was kid and I really want play it once more, so please, can someone help me?

Hey Brother, sorry for my english, i'm from Russia, but i want to help.

This is a RU version archive - http://yadi.sk/d/oW0nIF8uCrNDr (Press "ΓΒ‘ΓΒΊΓΒ°Γ‘β€‘ΓΒ°Γ‘β€šΓ‘Ε’")

I hope you can try to replace the game files to CZ or EN version, but does not replace the file "CTRL_R.SET" (CTRL_R.SET - My controll settings, if you need default settings you can replace that file)

Game already installed.

You need a virtual drive and 4 steps:

1) Unzip "Parkan" in your games folder.

2) Edit "install.reg":

2a) Edit line "UninstallString"="F:uninst.exe" (instead of F - the symbol of your virtual drive)

2b) Edit line @="D:GamesParkan" (your game directory)

2с) Save changes and run/apply "install.reg"

3) Edit CD_ROM.CFG using Notepad: instead of F - the symbol of your virtual drive

4) Mount PARKAN.mds with Daemon Tools

Done! Launch PARKAN.EXE in game folder and play this legendary game πŸ™‚ (beware of the Gegemaunt!^^)

Don't forget to use the compatibility mode "Windows 98 / Windows ME"

Oh, and one more - you cant change Control settings, so I tell you my settings:

Fly mode:

Q - Forsage

W - Speed up

S - Speed down

A,D - Axis rotation

R - Missile launch

Z - Missile type

F - Autopilot

X - docking

T - launch drone

G - return drone

V - Rear view

E - Target

Б - Next Target

Shift - Mine

1st Person:

Ctrl - climb

Shift - lie down

Space - Zoom

I hope you will succeed!

Sorry for the long post..

ReplyQuote
Soda
 Soda
(@soda)
Crewman Registered

Thanks man! :preved:

It works perfectly. I managed to bring it together with my CZ version, so I have now perfectly working CZ Parkan. I feel like I was 10 again πŸ˜€

I'm now trying to find out how to edit control setting. I compared yours and mine CTRL_R.set and some values are identical. I think it's based on numerical marking of keys on keyboard. Unfortunately I don't know system of marking, so I can't assign my own keys. I didn't have enough time to look at it, but I hope I will figre it out.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

ReplyQuote
Soda
 Soda
(@soda)
Crewman Registered

Nope. Their system is different. I already managed identifying entire alfabetical part of keyboard, nearly all numerical keys, cursor keys and mouse buttons. I will do some experiments with setting and then I try to make some "map" of keyboard along with process of editing in case that someone don't know how, but want it.

ReplyQuote
Doomich
(@doomich)
Crewman Registered

Soda

I think it will help you. This is a decimal keyboard scan code, I used it.

Title in Russian, but it does not matter. (ПробСл = Spacebar)

You need DEC column.

I Was glad to help πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Soda
 Soda
(@soda)
Crewman Registered

Hey, that's it. I was afraid, that somewhere it is already resolved πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
Rindoshiz
(@rindoshiz)
Crewman Registered

Hey guys, on the gog site in wishlist i found parkan. If you are interested in the game, you can vote for? Of course, I'm not sure what game to appear on gog, but worth a try.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/parkan_the_imperial_chronicles

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nice one it would be great to get a working English version of the game.

ReplyQuote
Kloqus
(@kloqus)
Crewman Registered

Thank You guys for made working English version of Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles under Win7 64bit with music and videos, and for made a documentation in English, and for hosting them. πŸ™‚

I played Parkan: Iron Strategy and Parkan 2 - both with full disc contents (not rips) and both in my native language: Polish (official translations). But I never played too much in Parkan: The Imperial Chronicles because I've got it with zero-sized video .nav files... I prefer a full CD/DVD versions instead of rips. Now I can back to the first Parkan from the serie. πŸ™‚

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hey Everyone

Going to clean up the DL area for Parkan and trying to make one package for the english version and I think I have it all running fine on Win7 x64 and have a question.

When I first start the game it has a black screen and I hear sounds. Once I hit something on the keyboard I then see the HUD, is this expected or is this a graphics issue with my machine or did I miss something. I would have expected a into or splash screen. Never have loaded this up so trying to get a baseline for what I should expect.

I downloaded and using the fixed version and I have added Jam's fix installed. I edited the .reg files and made a uninstall .reg for the package. Just want to make sure I have it right before uploading or if there is any other tweaks I should apply or talk about in the readme?

Only thing I would like to solve is the ability to run the game without mounting a image? I opened the .ccd in daemontools and copied all the contents out. Could this be solved with a registry key we can add? or did I miss something and it can be ran without mounting the image?

Current Readme

1. Extract archive to C: (Directory should be C:PARKAN)

2. Mount the CDPARKANE.ccd image using DaemonTools or any other iso mounting utility.

3. Inside the Parkan folder you will have two .reg files

- Parkan.reg  (for WindowsOS below windows 7)

- Parkan_win7.reg  (for Windows7 and above)

4. Double-Click the corresponding .reg file and this will add parkan to the registry (Note: If you did not put Parkan in the C: directory then you will need to edit the registry paths in the file to reflect the new directory.)

5. Now run the 'SETUP.EXE' (All buttons should be enabled), only click on the 'Game Options' button and set your game perferences here and click 'ok' to save changes and exit the setup utility.

6. Make sure you adjust the 'CD_ROM.CFG' file to have the correct drive letter for the mounted PARKANE.ccd.

7. Double-Click on the 'PARKAN.EXE_Win7' shortcut in the PARKAN folder to launch the game. (This should work in most windows OS variations.

8. To uninstall the game run the 'Uninstall_Parkan_from_Registry.reg' file in the PARKAN directory and this will remove all registry settings and then you can remove the C:PARKAN folder.

Note: Any patches/fixes or addons that I could find I added them to the game.

Which include:

- Final battle translation by JAM

- Parkan Official Manual (English) Extended by JAM

- Parkan Walkthrough by XenonS

- Thanks to Fadrad for providing fixed Archive for English

Regfiles:

Install for winVista and below
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallPARKAN Release]
"DisplayName"="PARKAN Release"
"UninstallString"="C:PARKANuninst.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareNikitaPARKAN Release]
@ ="C:PARKAN"

Install for Win7+
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallPARKAN Release]
"DisplayName"="PARKAN Release"
"UninstallString"="C:PARKANuninst.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeNikitaPARKAN Release]
@ ="C:PARKAN"

Uninstall Regkeys
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallPARKAN Release]
"DisplayName"=-
"UninstallString"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareNikitaPARKAN Release]
@ =-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallPARKAN Release]
"DisplayName"=-
"UninstallString"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareWow6432NodeNikitaPARKAN Release]
@ =-

Thanks for the help on this, once done I will upload it and remove all the other crap in the DL area. I will do the same for the German version, Fadrad any thoughts on this? Same concept as the english one that I am doing?

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5