Notifications
Clear all

The Halley Project

SpaceRider
(@spacerider)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi people,

one of the most realistic Sci-Fi games for the 8bit Homecomputers (ATARI, Commodore) was "The Halley Project":

screen00.gif

The mission was simple: The player has to travel to various bodies of the solar system during a certain time span. Interestingly, the distances were quirte realistic, the star sizes almost accurate and the destination landing quite a challenge. Besides that, the game was supported by good music and visualization. As far as I know it, this was the first true "exploring" game and one of the really outstanding ones of all early Sci-Fi games.

I read that is was ported later to the AMIGA with new graphics. Did anyone play the latest version of it?

Here more details (Wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Halley_Project

Regards

SpaceRider

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I have never played this one before. I will add it to the games list because it wasn't on it (hopefully releasing the lists this weekend, they will be integrated into the wordpress so look smoother). I wonder if it is ok to host some C64 roms?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never play it but remember it as it came out around about the same years the comet made its visit.

Swear their was spectrum/amstrad version as well. ❓

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

Quote:
I wonder if it is ok to host some C64 roms?

And if it's all right, I will post some links to Amiga .adf disk image (or a hard disk version).

ReplyQuote
tianhe
(@tianhe)
Petty Officer Registered

I played this game on the AMIGA. I did like it very much. Targeting a planet far out was somehow tricky. You had to take account of the target's own rotation around the sun. You could not just point  the target and go! 

ReplyQuote